Ninebot MiniPro firmware versions after 1.2.8 (e.g. 1.3.0, and above)

Hi All,

if somebody  did an upgrade to a newer firmware than 1.2.8, and can share riding experiences and the behaviour of the MiniPro, it would be great to hear something about it in this thread.

After my downgrade to 1.1.7 I'm a lot happier than with 1.2.8, but I would like to hear if newer firmwares bring enhancements compared to 1.1.7, e.g. a higher speed.

Meanwhile I'm thinking about buying a Kingsong KS16, because it can do 30km/h - though I didn't want a unicycle first, but I tried it, and found it's not that difficult.

On 24.6.2016 at 6:10 PM, affe said:

There seems to be a new version of the Android app available. Anyone tried it yet, especially with v1.1.7 firmware? 

Yes, version 3.6.

I tried it, until now I see no bad differences (it still proposes a firmware-upgrade for the Mini, and you can still cancel it, they still don't offer something higher than 1.2.8).

I didn't ride a longer distance, but from App point of view I don't see any enhancements which are asskicking.

Well, there is a new ranking feature, so that you can see a local ranking from your country, but because I do not care about the rankings, it doesn't buy me much - but for others it may be interesting.  In the "riders nearby" map you can now see the Ninebot-type, e.g. E+, E one, Mini and so on.

Near these features they mentioned fixing some bugs, but until now I never found bugs in the App, only in the MiniPro-Firmware.

But maybe 3.6 is a prerequisite for a new firmware version, I don't know, let's wait and see.

2 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Yes, version 3.6.

I tried it, until now I see no bad differences (it still proposes a firmware-upgrade for the Mini, and you can still cancel it, they still don't offer something higher than 1.2.8).

I didn't ride a longer distance, but from App point of view I don't see any enhancements which are asskicking.

Well, there is a new ranking feature, so that you can see a local ranking from your country, but because I do not care about the rankings, it doesn't buy me much - but for others it may be interesting.  In the "riders nearby" map you can now see the Ninebot-type, e.g. E+, E one, Mini and so on.

Near these features they mentioned fixing some bugs, but until now I never found bugs in the App, only in the MiniPro-Firmware.

But maybe 3.6 is a prerequisite for a new firmware version, I don't know, let's see.

Hello

for us in france we have the version in french now, not other changes seen except like you for local ranking

but, 3 new owners of mini pro since this week and 1 in germany meets bug and blocking their mini pro during upgrading or downgrading process

i think here we have the stupid answer from NINEBOT to our downgrading method & solution

50 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Hello

for us in france we have the version in french now, not other changes seen except like you for local ranking

but, 3 new owners of mini pro since this week and 1 in germany meets bug and blocking their mini pro during upgrading or downgrading process

i think here we have the stupid answer from NINEBOT to our downgrading method & solution.

I'm not sure that this is the reason, because if I remember correctly, one of the persons with the problem tried the upgrade with 3.5.1.

Ninebot can in no way have any interest to brick all their devices in the field, just by a simple firmware upgrade.

It will be interesting how this develops in the next days.

8 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

I'm not sure that this is the reason, because if I remember correctly, one of the persons with the problem tried the upgrade with 3.5.1.

Ninebot can in no way have any interest to brick all their devices in the field, just by a simple firmware upgrade.

It will be interesting how this develops in the next days.

Ask them it was brick with app version 3.6 in Last days in first  after I Suggest try with prévious 351 but again issue wasnt resolved

That was fast !

My suspicion rises, that version 3.6 bricked the Minis at the firmware upgrade process, but of course I can't be sure.

At least there is now App version 3.6.1 out, but first time with no description, what enhancements or fixes are included. :-)

2 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

That was fast !

My suspicion rises, that version 3.6 bricked the Minis at the firmware upgrade process, but of course I can't be sure.

At least there is now App version 3.6.1 out, but first time with no description, what enhancements or fixes are included. :-)

I agree with you HermanTheGerman, it's app V3.6 who is guilty for the mini update brick, i just install 3.6.1 i saw none changes, but if will comes more brick case next days,(for xiaomi modele)  me i will think  it is an intentional operation from Ninebot because with the actual technology level Ninebot engineers have, this type of error is really  not able to occur

Because: ones were activated before 1rst april (period were activation by local china mobile begin necesary to activate)

all were bricking with app version v3.6

And all seems be original item, with no fake components

Archived