King Song 18a 1360wh top speed fall

Alex_U

10 minutes ago, Bob de Bie said:

In the air wheel shots down at 42 kmh uhm I wil try to explain my test 

I test it the kingsong 18a on a runnig belt that was the simulation uhm like in the gym to get fit wanne try out is happend again whit some on top but than safe way I hope you understand it 

Aaaaah,

Now Everything is clear, thanx!!!

That also Shows that when a on a running belt with a 66/78kg Person(no matter) and the wheel shuts down at 35kmh something is wrong! Very wrong!

42 Lift Speed cut out also is way to low!

Like i said....even the KS16 with 800W can go to 48kmh on this test and is advertised 30kmh......So i would exspect the KS18 1200W at least to be near at 48kmh also!!!

Mainboard or Batterie defect, whatever...Somethings defect or wrong!!!

In this Video the KS18 1200Watt with only 680wh goes easy to 38kmh!:

8 minutes ago, HEC said:

@KingSong69 Yeah - it looks like half of the battery packs might have lost connection or blown fuses ..

Yip....Could be nearly everything...also  perhaps something sits between wheel and pedal...or bolts from wheel are to "heavy closed".....so the wheel Needs to much energy for rotating...sorry my explaining is not the best in english :-)

Seams like he could "readjust" or "retest" the Scenario.....so fault is still there....not a "one timer"

15 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

or bolts from wheel are to "heavy closed".....so the wheel Needs to much energy for rotating

Yes - that was next thing I thought of - nuts fastened to tight ...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bob de Bie said:

I understand what you maen I will open the wheel and goning to look if I can find something I will let you guys know 

Where do you have your wheel from? Talk to your seller, whoever it might be!!!

@Chriull

with my post i only want to say that something is very wrong...

was no comparison between ks16 and 18..

but normally KS is known to reach the advertised speed....40 with this Ks18 version....so the lift of max speed has at least to be a bit higher than 42....

and this 30-35 shut down behaviour seams ro be reproducable...something very odd with this wheel is wrong...my opinion...thats all

and:

i am not the "faceplanter" in this case.....just tried to help for searching the fault....

so....thanks for the wishes to get well... ;)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i am not the "faceplanter" in this case.....just tried to help for searching the fault....

Ups - did not botice this, but you made a nice compilation with additions so i choose your post to answer... Hope everyone can sort out the answers and redirect some "statements" ?

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

so....thanks for the wishes to get well... ;)

Ok - so stay well and @Bob de Bie best wishes for a good recovery!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Chriull said:

The more load is on the wheel, the earlier it stops.

Are you sure?? So what you saying is that if two people one 65 Kg and one 105 Kg will ride the same wheel at the same speed under the same conditions and start breaking at the same spot  / time with the same "effort" that the heavy one will stop sooner / at shorter distance? Based purely on kinetic energy of both riders I'd expect exactly opposite results ...

1 minute ago, HEC said:

Are you sure?? So what you saying is that if two people one 65 Kg and one 105 Kg will ride the same wheel at the same speed under the same conditions and start breaking at the same spot  / time with the same "effort" that the heavy one will stop sooner / at shorter distance? Based purely on kinetic energy of both riders I'd expect exactly opposite results ...

With "stops earlier" i meant the cutoff happens at a lower speed - did not mean to relate this anyhow to breaking. Thought this came out from the content - Sorry for my english/unclear expressions.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bob de Bie said:

Ali-express I am I discussion whit seller and Ali-express buyer protection :)

You should post a link to the seller's page. Have you considered the possibility, that maybe you bought a counterfeit unicycle? They are common in China. Of course, their performance is below the original ones. Your King Song's performance is well below what everybody else's KS is, which points towards the theory that you possibly purchased a counterfeit machine, unknowingly. Meaning, the seller being a crook.

Open it up and post some pics so it can be dissected by the forum.

Edited by edwin_rm

5 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

You should post a link to the seller's page. Have you considered the possibility, that maybe you bought a counterfeit unicycle? They are common in China. Of course, their performance is below the original ones. Your King Song's performance is well below what everybody else's KS is, which points towards the theory that you possibly purchased a counterfeit machine, unknowingly. Meaning, the seller being a crook.

Open it up and post some pics so it can be dissected by the forum.

and if this REALLY is the case.....counterfeit product....you have good chances on buyer protection....

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

In this Video the KS18 1200Watt with only 680wh goes easy to 38kmh!:

Is it better to slightly pre-incline the wheel for stability like it is in the movie?

I always set it absolutely vertical. Opinions?

1 hour ago, Bob de Bie said:

http://s.aliexpress.com/mENB7Zf6

(from AliExpress Android)

Here is the link uhm pictures of inside divice will come on wendsday im still recovering so than a good friend will help whit opening it up :)

I didnt see a picture of the control board. Using the control board from the 800w unit would explain what happened. Or perhaps the entire unit is 800w instead if 1200w? I guess it couldnt be be ause you were able to set the speed to 40? What does the motor say? Does it say the wattage?

Edited by Cloud

I wash able to sett settings to 40 

Pictures will come wendsday this is only link of the seller where I bought the kingsong 18a 1360wh 1200watt 

Wendsday evening a good friend is coming to take it apart im still handicapped bye acident 

56 minutes ago, Bob de Bie said:

I wash able to sett settings to 40 

Pictures will come wendsday this is only link of the seller where I bought the kingsong 18a 1360wh 1200watt 

Wendsday evening a good friend is coming to take it apart im still handicapped bye acident 

Well...i think even the 800w unit can be programmed to go to 40 kph.  For example my wheel is 14" ks 800w that is not supposed to go over 30 kph, but by mistake kingsong forgot to limit my speed, and i am able to set it to any speed i want :) currently set to 30 for the beeps and 32 for tiltback. 

anything coukd have happened, i would check both the control board and the motor.  When your friend comes over show us the pics. In the meantime get well soon.  Thanks

15 hours ago, Chriull said:

With "stops earlier" i meant the cutoff happens at a lower speed - did not mean to relate this anyhow to breaking. Thought this came out from the content - Sorry for my english/unclear expressions.

OK - I misunderstand that - now it's clear what you've meant ;)

On ‎04‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 10:02 PM, Bob de Bie said:

http://s.aliexpress.com/mENB7Zf6

(from AliExpress Android)

Here is the link uhm pictures of inside divice will come on wendsday im still recovering so than a good friend will help whit opening it up :)

This Seller is NOT known for selling Kingsong Knockoffs....

I know guys here in the Forum who been very satisfied with this seller specially for buying there KS there.......

34 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

This Seller is NOT known for selling Kingsong Knockoffs....

I know guys here in the Forum who been very satisfied with this seller specially for buying there KS there.......

Interesting - on the pictures all the KS16 wheels have different (or none at all) logos on the side panels ... :huh:

First time to see KS products on aliexpress. IMO, how genuine they are, the best could answer reps from KS China but I doubt someone will do it.

Edited by DS

11 minutes ago, HEC said:

Interesting - on the pictures all the KS16 wheels have different (or none at all) logos on the side panels ... :huh:

That with "this -special- pictures" is just since two or three weeks....before he only had the original SidePanel's photos and wheels!....i watch this seller a Little longer......

In his bad english he tried to explain on some KS Sell-WebSide's that KingSong since middle 2016 has changed for China/Asia  his sidepanels Name to "KSwheels".....

As i know that KingSong's Name, Reputation and Sellings in China is until now not the best (because to expensive) and they mostly sell to europe.......this CAN be posssible....but:

I have no clue IF this is true or not (i mean the Name Change to "KSwheels")

But i know that this is one Ali-Express Seller(named Rockwheel) is the most Kingsong selling one on Ali and some of the Forum members here are happy with their KS wheel's they got from him...

Also i now that Ali-Express has a very strong counterfeit Money back garanty....

• Upvote 1