What Are Your Favorite TV shows?

I have been known to do some tv binge watching from time to time.  What are some of your favorite shows?  I don't watch a lot of TV, but some favorites are:

1.  Game of Thrones - "You know nothing John Snow..."

2.  Breaking Bad

3.  House MD

4.  Lost

5.  The Walking Dead

6.  24 with Jack Bauer - a classic!

7.  How could I forget "Dexter?"

8.  Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch.

9.  Suits! - a very good lawyer series about a guy with a photographic memory who pretends to be a lawyer.

My recent obsession has been "The Detour."  Omigosh this is the funniest show.  If you haven't seen it you have to watch a few episodes.  It is disturbingly funny in all the wrong ways.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

I've been watching Orange is the new black, Falling skies and Daredevil in Netflix, and some other shows that I never remember out of the top of my head, but have in my list (Nation Z comes to mind after a bit). Probably those three mentioned first are my current favorites. Did watch all the House MD seasons when they came out, the first season of Breaking Bad, but didn't really catch on with that... Weeds was also great back in the day (also created by Jenji Kohan, like Orange is the new black). What else? Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica (the new series, not the old) were also very good. Nowadays I mostly just watch documentaries and movies every now and then. Been a bit busy with everything else to have the time to watch tv / Netflix. ;) I haven't (yet) watched the newer seasons of Game of Thrones, although it is good.

• Upvote 2

I watched the first season or two of Orange is the New Black, but I haven't seen the latest ones.  Falling Skies was a favorite too.  Daredevil - I watched for a bit and kind of tapered off that, same with Jessica Jones.  Breaking Bad was so good - I'm surprised you didn't finish the series.  I binged watched all the episodes of "24" on Netflix as well as "Dexter."

I'm not sure if you'd like "The Detour" as it has some pretty strange humour in it, but it's good.  Marvel's Agents of Shield is not too bad.  The 100 got kind of addicting to watch on Netflix.   I usually either stream through Kodi/Tvaddons with Exodus/Genesis/1Channel/Younameit or download through SABnzbd from newgroups or Utorrent it with PrivateInternetAccess VPN.

I love documentaries.  Here's a good one called "The Watchmaker's Apprentice."

"The Light Bulb Conspiracy" is also a good choice.   Burt's Buzz on Netflix (The maker of Burt's Bees) was kind of interesting too.  If you like travel, "Departures" on Netflix is very good to watch.

This copy doesn't do the movie justice as it's low res, but "Manufactured Landscapes" is quite a good visual documentary to watch.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
dead links removed
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhhh the season premiere of Suits just dropped a few days ago... and it was a bit disappointing!  Was it just me, or did it seem a little forced or disjointed like the players were reading their lines but they were rusty from having some time off?  Plus the prison cell thing - I kind of guess that a mile away... Oh well, it should get better... hopefully!  The first few seasons were really good.  I'm not normally into law dramas, but this one is quirky and has some really intelligent writing to it.  Gotta love that Louis Litt!

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

• 1 month later...

Whew - I just finished the complete six seasons of "Shameless," and it was worth the ride!  Talk about a crazy, crazy show.  If you like tragic characters and watching train wrecks in slow motion this is the series for you!  Kev and V are hilarious comedic relief.  They are soooOOoo funny.  I think the new season is close to starting.

Marvel's Agents of Shield is back on.  It's light fluff for the mind, but it's not too bad.  Can't wait for The Walking Dead season 7 to start in October.  Fear the Walking Dead is alright, but it's like Diet Cola... similar taste but it leaves a weird artificial sweetener aftertaste.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Whew - I just finished the complete six seasons of "Shameless," and it was worth the ride!  Talk about a crazy, crazy show.  If you like tragic characters and watching train wrecks in slow motion this is the series for you!  Kev and V are hilarious comedic relief.  They are soooOOoo funny.  I think the new season is close to starting.

Marvel's Agents of Shield is back on.  It's light fluff for the mind, but it's not too bad.  Can't wait for The Walking Dead season 7 to start in October.  Fear the Walking Dead is alright, but it's like Diet Cola... similar taste but it leaves a weird artificial sweetener aftertaste.

God darn....Beginning to feel like i am communicating  with my wife! She has never watched Shame Ass.. er....Shameless, but regularly watches Agents of Shield and Walking Dead. Does CNN and Fox News count as a favorite show??

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

Think of me as your "online" wife and personal concierge, hun.  :D  Not that I swing that way, but hey nothin' wrong with that.  ;)

Shameless is so bad.  You should watch a couple of episodes!  If you like watching  dysfunctional families and characters this is the series for you.  Ever watch House MD?

I usually watch on Kodi after installing the tvaddons.ag config wizard installer.  It sets up the video add-on Exodus for you so you can stream shows commercial free.

• 3 weeks later...

:blink:  "Richard" Dean Anderson wasn't exactly a great actor, but I kind of liked the original series better.  I watched the reboot series pilot, but the new guy didn't quite live up to the old Mcgyver somehow.  Maybe I need to watch the next few episodes...

Lately I've been watching this show called "Headache?" (I'm on episode 7) which stars this electronics mad genius with super long hair that blows up things and documents all this electronics technical mumbo jumbo which only a few people can understand.  It's kind of interesting, but it could use some gratuitous sex and nudity to spice it up.  Each episode seems to take you on a wild journey of different themes from robotic limbs to mechanized PCB milling to head tracking sensors.  It's never ending!

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

:blink:  Harry Dean Anderson wasn't exactly a great actor, but I kind of liked the original series better.

Or do you mean Harry's brother Richard Dean Anderson?

I remember it being good at the time, but now it incites cringing somewhat.

Why can't they invent a new program? 

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Upvote 1

Riiight Richard Dean Anderson, not to be confused with Harry Dean Stanton.  :rolleyes:  I must review my "Dean's List."  This is what happens when you sleep 2.5 hours and try to remember obscure actors fom the 80's.

I think it's likely age related.  As you get older those whacky, original TV shows were genius but now with age you realize that you aren't actually 14 any more and the Love Boat, Magnum PI and Fantasy Island weren't exactly classic works of Shakespeare.  :lol:

There are still some original shows here and there.  Some are in the original post.

TV-shows are not my favorite entertainment. An I don't like them very much. But I've seen some through the years so I have a short list of those that I do like:

Married with children

X-files

The Twilight Zone

Seinfeld

The lost room

Black mirror

IT-crowd (UK)

Misfits

Mad men

Breaking Bad

• Upvote 2