Inmotion V5F Mini-Review

Jason McNeil

• 8 months later...

Ordered the VF5+ about three weeks ago after seeing this most ludicrous form of transportation on youtube. Previously I had never seen such a thing.

I rushed to the post office the morning in arrived (couldn't wait), and unpacked in my office. It's truly an object of functional beauty. It took me maybe 15 minutes and four tries before I was wobbling around. I had the cover on, and stuffed the foam from the packing into the top of the cover so it would touch near my knees. Later I would remove foam and cover in order to enjoy the greater manuverability.

I learned on grass and going up hills before transitioning to pavement; the open road feels like it sucks all the power and speed out of these wheel despite having a do not exceed speed ~15 which should be plenty fast.

I take this wheel everywhere with me; the dolly handle and the looks of this wheel makes it unremarkable luggage which I like. Every place seems much closer now; I think most of use when first seeing this wheel realize just what a game changer it is. More portable than a bicycle, much faster than walking. To me, everything within 1.5 miles is fair game but beyond that things get sketchy.

I did order a Captain America vinyl sticker to go with it.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Speaking of Captain America vinyl, @Rehab1 did you ever get yours and install it? I didn't know they had one available for the InMotion.

It never arrived but I was not charged. Probably best as my grandson has had a few minor spills. Thankfully it is well protected. I still have a complete set of new shells I received from Ian months ago in case he really dumps it.:unsure:

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I did order a Captain America vinyl sticker to go with it.

Where did you purchase them?

Apparently AliExpress makes vinyl stickers specifically for the V5 series. They also make an Umbrella Corporation sticker for the Ninebot which was my first choice.

:lol:  When you grow up watching Spiderman cartoons on TV and reading Superman comics along with viewing campy Batman live action programming, it leaves a bit of a lasting impression I guess!  I don't know about other countries, but I think lots of boys growing up here including me wish we had super powers or at least have some "hero" potential in ourselves.  I love wearing my Captain America T-shirt!  It's so iconic.

I guess inside there's an inner Peter Parker  spidy.gif  or Bruce Wayne batman.gif lurking in the shadows.  Who's lurking inside you?  donatello.gif

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Who's lurking inside you?

"He's the strongest, the quickest, and the best, and is always to be found wherever danger is – he is Danger Mouse." ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

we did have Popeye the Sailor Man who was strong to the finish cuz he ate his spinach, he was Popeye the sailor man!

I'm Popeye the sailor man, I live in a garbage can, I eat all the worms and spit out the germs, Popeye the sailor man!

40 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Never heard of Super Ted nor Banana Man.  We did have Teddy Ruxpin who may have been a Chinese knockoff of Super Ted.  :innocent1:  As @steve454 will confirm, we did have Popeye the Sailor Man who was strong to the finish cuz he ate his spinach, he was Popeye the sailor man!

You couldn't just find the Popeye theme song, you found it in Hindi?  :blink1:

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have opened their v5 wheel after owning it;

What do you guys find inside in regards to dust and dirt ingress? Are there parts suseptible to corrosion?

Archived