KingSong 18 short test review

Flash

Today i made KingSong trip to Ljungsarp , visiting friends , Ljungsarp is a small village , size 200 personas  , all together 32 km in cloudy weather with some rain , max speed 25 kmh , maybe I´m a covard , I should change the speed to 30 kmh but it was nice , a tyre fender would stop water from coming up between the rain coat and euc , I will make one tomorrow and maybe calibrate gyro level to

fgfgmghm.jpg

gfdhrfgth.jpg

hsjs.jpg

6 hours ago, 1kw said:

do you recommend the ks18 still? Im deciding between KS18, msuper v2( cheaper now), or acm. I want to ride dirt roads like you do however :)

Yes ofcourse I recommend KingSong 18 , I use my own everyday , distance , wheelsize , music , light , you can sit down ,  with all modifications it's an replacement for my car , I save a tree in the rainforrest each meter and soon I have a jungle :) , if you wan't to go only in the forrest on bad gravel roads like EUC Extreme then I think maybe you should choose Gotway Msuper , why not Gotway msuper v3 if you like the distance on 1 charge , it has more than 1600 wh battery and light , KS18 can take 1530wh max modified so battery size is not a dealbreaker , the best would be to tryout and compare how they feels but it's not easy to find a shop where you can do that , I would have bought a KingSong 18 again , you can go on bad gravel roads in the forrest with KS18 , no problem , KS 18 with it's long round shaped sides are very comfortable for your legs and the model looks good , an EUC Ferrari

fghtffdghj.jpg

ftgjyttyk.jpg

ghmgfhm.jpg

In the jungle

Beng beng

I rode yesterday in Hood River, OR on some streets with the crazy (from my perspective) inclines, and my 800W KS18 handled them with ease, both up and down! I could go with the pedestrian speed or I could speed up to 15-20 kmh  (I'm 75kg). I'm pretty sure that the photo has some distortions, but you still can guestimate the inclines from here:

rTO6up3.jpg

3 minutes ago, trya said:

I rode yesterday in Hood River, OR on some streets with the crazy (from my perspective) inclines, and my 800W KS18 handled them with ease, both up and down! I could go with the pedestrian speed or I could speed up to 15-20 kmh  (I'm 75kg). I'm pretty sure that the photo has some distortions, but you still can guestimate the inclines from here:

rTO6up3.jpg

cool , yes the mountain here has about 30 degrees the last small road up to the tower , I have no problem with my KS18 1200W going up and down with high speed

21 hours ago, Bjorn H said:

Today i made KingSong trip to Ljungsarp , visiting friends , Ljungsarp is a small village , size 200 personas  , all together 32 km in cloudy weather with some rain , max speed 25 kmh , maybe I´m a covard , I should change the speed to 30 kmh but it was nice , a tyre fender would stop water from coming up between the rain coat and euc , I will make one tomorrow and maybe calibrate gyro level to

fgfgmghm.jpg

gfdhrfgth.jpg

hsjs.jpg

If I see your trip reports I feel every time I need to come to Sweden again, with my EUC. I like your country, was there a few times.

4 minutes ago, OliverH said:

If I see your trip reports I feel every time I need to come to Sweden again, with my EUC. I like your country, was there a few times.

Welcome , I love Switzerland with it's beautiful nature mountains , small villages and chocolate , I have been there several times with motorcycle , Tiger Triumph 900 , Honda Blackbird 1100  :) :P

6 minutes ago, Bjorn H said:

Welcome , I love Switzerland with it's beautiful nature mountains , small villages and chocolate , I have been there several times with motorcycle , Tiger Triumph 900 , Honda Blackbird 1100  :) :P

Come with your Kingsong again ;)

Switzerland is nice for motorcycle tours. Give me a note if you're again in Switzerland.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, abinder3 said:

I'm stuck between getting the Kingsong 18 1200w 1680wh or the new Kingsong 16s when it comes out.  Presently, I have the Inmotion V8.  I like the idea of the extra range the Kingsong 18 would have.

Any suggestions?

Hi

I like the KS 16S but for me its an easy choice because I use it for long distance instead of my car and then I need a bigger battery , I like the KingSong 18A because it's so comfortable for your legs with smooth rounded sides , you can also sit and go with ks18 something I need to learn better but I have tried without problem , a bigger wheel is better if you go offroad and on bad roads , high speed requires strong motor and a large battery pack , finally , the new firmware v1.23 has an automatic protection that lowers the max speed to max 20 kmh when the battery is low , so you cant go full speed all the way with your wheel , its just one more reason to choose the one with biggest batterypack 

9 hours ago, Flash said:

Hi

I like the KS 16S but for me its an easy choice because I use it for long distance instead of my car and then I need a bigger battery , I like the KingSong 18A because it's so comfortable for your legs with smooth rounded sides , you can also sit and go with ks18 something I need to learn better but I have tried without problem , a bigger wheel is better if you go offroad and on bad roads , high speed requires strong motor and a large battery pack , finally , the new firmware v1.23 has an automatic protection that lowers the max speed to max 20 kmh when the battery is low , so you cant go full speed all the way with your wheel , its just one more reason to choose the one with biggest batterypack 

Thanks for the info.
I'm pretty sure that I'd like the extra long distance the KS18 would offer.  It would be really nice to ride on a long bike path on the weekend and not have to worry about battery.

Do you happen to know where they offer a trolley for the KS18?

Thanks again for the info.

Allen

4 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Thanks for the info.
I'm pretty sure that I'd like the extra long distance the KS18 would offer.  It would be really nice to ride on a long bike path on the weekend and not have to worry about battery.

Do you happen to know where they offer a trolley for the KS18?

Thanks again for the info.

Allen

I know I have seen one but I don't remember where

I use the original handle 

Here are some trolleys for KS18

16 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

sThanks !!!!!!!!!!!!
(I just 'pulled the trigger' and ordered a KS18 from Jason @ ewheels.)

Great , I hope you will be satisfied , I recommend max speed 30-33 kmh so you have extra power for unexpected situations , I set first warning 30 kmh second 32 third 35 and tilt 37
always listen to first warning and keep my speed near max 30 kmh when I wan't to go fast , both kingsong and gotway claims to go faster but I play it safe

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

Great , I hope you will be satisfied , I recommend max speed 30-33 kmh so you have extra power for unexpected situations , I set first warning 30 kmh second 32 third 35 and tilt 37
always listen to first warning and keep my speed near max 30 kmh when I wan't to go fast , both kingsong and gotway claims to go faster but I play it safe

Totally agree.  Thanks for the advice.

Allen

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived