KingSong 18 short test review

Flash

KingSong 18 is a quality product , it makes me feel safe.
This evening I wen't from home to the top of Isaberg , Hestra Sweden and back to home base , it is much more comfortable
and stable than other brands , I think you get what you pay for , if you want the best...
I updated to firmware 1.20 Before this journey and I'm happy with it.
The stepest part near the top of the mountain is maybe 30 degrees asphalt road and my weight is 107 kg , the whole mountain is 308 meters
above sea level , KingSong 18 brought me up to the top and down with high speed and good music , interesting is that battery level was still
full back home , it seems like it is charging going downhill. 1 bicyclist stopped me and wanted to know what it is and some tourists screemed
that they want to hear the music , I can't recommend other brands cheap products , they have to weak motor and battery pack for driving safe
and the tilt function makes you feel unsafe , KingSong 18 let you be in control instead , much better.
It is quiet , looks great and the only model I know of where you can sit and ride which I have not tried yet.
With the big wheel I also go on dirt roads with potholes , no problem at all.
40 psi seems to be the right tyre pressure for my weight

With 1360 battery pack I can go 110 km on 1 charge
The app works flawless.   

I'm thinking of a light weight solar panel 200w on one wheel connected behind you , it might be possible to go long distance adventure
travel  , also an anti theft solution with sim card , gps mounted inside

My model:   KingSong 18A  , 1360 wh battery pack.

We are 2 proud owners now in Hestra and this will be fun

May your days be sunny and with high speed & great musict at

Update:  Never ever use any onewheel at max speed , i would recommend to use all 4 warnings , the first 3 set
to 30 kmh and last one ollie Speed set to 35 kmh

it's not uphill or downhill that is dangerous it is when you reach speed limit and it cant control level anymore and you will
experience a faceplant

listen to the warnings and slow down instead of pushing it harder...

i have bought a transparent soft vinyl cover to put on top if I go in heavy rain this also for safety reasons
and a bicycle back mirror made for any bicycle helmet

Bjorn

isanewabsm.jpg

DSC_0037absm.jpg

Is our planet dying ? , will EUC help saving our planet ? is euc fun ? is euc something new ?    ,   answer is yes , yes , yes , yes
EUC is an excellent alternative to cars SUVs , it will give us cleaner air , better health and stop global warming
If you for some unknown reason don't like it or are to afraid to learn then buy an electric bicycle or 3 ton SUV  , Vaz Lada Honec car 1800cc  :)

Be my world

The Prophet

DSC_0036absm.png

Interesting... you're the second person I've heard of that has updated firmware of the KS18. Those firmware updates are meant for KS16, I thought.

5 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Interesting... you're the second person I've heard of that has updated firmware of the KS18. Those firmware updates are meant for KS16, I thought.

The Kingsong repository has the other firmwares also

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎11 at 7:11 AM, edwin_rm said:

Firmware update V1.20 is for KingSong 18 also , it would not be available in the KingSong app when youre connected if it was not ment for your unit

• 2 weeks later...
On 12. Juni 2016 at 10:54 AM, Björn Hansen Hestra Sweden said:

Firmware update V1.20 is for KingSong 18 also , it would not be available in the KingSong app when youre connected if it was not ment for your unit

you are right.....

Some very small numbers of KS14 can get the v1.20 update also......

but ihave heard from ks14 AND Ks18 users which are not ok with this fw version.....in terms of rideabilty....and i have even heared that for those ks14 users a 1.21 is on the way....

so perhaps the availability of v1.20 for 14/18 was just a fault?

but thats all "scrambled" together from FB and here....and pure speculation......

16 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

you are right.....

Some very small numbers of KS14 can get the v1.20 update also......

but ihave heard from ks14 AND Ks18 users which are not ok with this fw version.....in terms of rideabilty....and i have even heared that for those ks14 users a 1.21 is on the way....

so perhaps the availability of v1.20 for 14/18 was just a fault?

but thats all "scrambled" together from FB and here....and pure speculation......

it would be interresting to know what´s new in firmware v1.21

On 6/10/2016 at 9:44 PM, Björn Hansen Hestra Sweden said:

KingSong 18 is a quality product , it makes me feel safe

You write that you have a 108 kg how many km you hit on one battery charge 103 kg and I'm thinking about this round ks18 or ACM16 and do not know which would be better for me and to this day I go to Ninebot One + E for traveling a max.20km on one charge

18 hours ago, Ivan Jedenásty said:

You write that you have a 108 kg how many km you hit on one battery charge 103 kg and I'm thinking about this round ks18 or ACM16 and do not know which would be better for me and to this day I go to Ninebot One + E for traveling a max.20km on one charge

Good question , i have not had the chance to try the distance yet , i left home with full charge going about 37 km high speed and had 60 % battery left , i think there are no other euc that can beat KS18 in long distance if you choose 1360 wh battery , i felt it was strong going uphill , i also like acm16 , Gotway 18 and ks16

37 minutes ago, Ivan Jedenásty said:

I choose the pieces 18,1360wh or ACM16 820wh probably be better ks18 what? Too bad they do not have where to try it, I'm afraid of sizes even though I'm also a big 200 cm and 103 kg

it´s a hard choice , i like the big wheel , it´s good on bad roads or in the forrest  i also like the distance if i wan´t to take a longer ride , the rest is mostly a matter of design , some people maybe like the smaller round design better , it´s up to you

htfdytd.jpg

jhdfujygfd.png

ytdyutd.png

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎11 at 3:44 AM, Björn Hansen Hestra Sweden said:
On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎11 at 3:44 AM, Björn Hansen Hestra Sweden said:

This evening I wen't from home to the top of Isaberg , Hestra Sweden and back to home base , it is much more comfortable
and stable than other brands , I think you get what you pay for , if you want the best...
The stepest part near the top of the mountain is maybe 30 degrees asphalt road and my weight is 107 kg , the whole mountain is 308 meters
above sea level , KingSong 18 brought me up to the top and down with high speed and good music , interesting is that battery level was still
full back home , it seems like it is charging going downhill. 1 bicyclist stopped me and wanted to know what it is and some tourists screemed
that they want to hear the music , I can't recommend other brands cheap products , they have to weak motor and battery pack for driving safe
and the tilt function makes you feel unsafe , KingSong 18 let you be in control instead , much better.
It is quiet , looks great and the only model I know of where you can sit and ride which I have not tried yet.

The app works flawless.   

I'm thinking of a light weight solar panel 200w on one wheel connected behind you , it might be possible to go long distance adventure

Update:  Never ever use any onewheel at max speed , i would recommend to use all 4 warnings , the first 3 set

it's not uphill or downhill that is dangerous it is when you reach speed limit and it cant control level anymore and you will
experience a faceplant

i have bought a transparent soft vinyl cover to put on top if I go in heavy rain this also for safety reasons

Bjorn

isanewabsm.jpg

DSC_0037absm.jpg

DSC_0036absm.png

The app works flawless.   

experience a faceplant

Bjorn

isanewabsm.jpg

DSC_0037absm.jpg

DSC_0036absm.png

Ready to go , with new wax shine   ;)

Holder  
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Car-Holder-Cell-Phone-Holder-For-Samsung-Note-4-Stand-Support-for-iphone-6-6Plus/32477437470.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.58.jk9Miv

20160716_162011s.jpg

IMG_0320s.jpg

IMG_0331s.jpg

IMG_0333s.jpg

IMG_0334s.jpg

Travel log:    Had a wonderful ride yesterday in the forrest with my dogs
 & todays KIngSong 18 journey to Grimsås and back on gravel roads and small paths in the forrest
I trust my KingSong , max speed so far 25 kmh , I don't use tilt warning 4 , I slow down when I hear the beep 1 to 3

20160721_140303a.jpg

20160721_140442a.jpg

drnu.jpg

1 hour ago, HEC said:

@Bjorn H Nice dogs and nice ride track! You can almost use KS-18's tire as a spare for your car :D

Thanks , it was good for the dogs to run a little , I like this new opportunity to bring my KS18 with me in the car , it's great

A nightride-r , it was extremely hot outside today so going around the village at 23:00 was wonderful and I could cool down , felt the wonderful smell from wet fresh forrest , my
kingSong works like a charm , KS is like a pretty woman , treat her nice and she will be good to you  , frontlight was strong enough in the dark , top speed 24 kmh , mainboard temp 33 c , listening to GotRadio Rockin 80's

Gotradio Rockin 80's

240716.jpg

I also thought about using solar and how to implement it, but 200 watts? That is huge, might get away with a trailered 100 watt panel, and I just bought a booster board that can do 10 v to 60 v.. otherwise it is 3 or 4  ten watt '12 volt' panels in series hanging from backpack....

How about two 100 watt panels mounted in a inverted 'v' angled at 45° trailered???

2 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I also thought about using solar and how to implement it, but 200 watts? That is huge, might get away with a trailered 100 watt panel, and I just bought a booster board that can do 10 v to 60 v.. otherwise it is 3 or 4  ten watt '12 volt' panels in series hanging from backpack....

How about two 100 watt panels mounted in a inverted 'v' angled at 45° trailered???

Hi
Good idea  , I think this takes some testing before it will be 100 % functional , how wide and long can the solar panel be and still legal - practical, the battery needs 67 v something to be fully charged , maybe it's possible to convert the solar panel voltage to around 80v and then use the 220v charger bypassing the high voltage and connect to the low voltage circuit, another problem is that it has to be lightweight , it can not push on the euc that´s why i think it has to be connected as low as possible with a swivel without touching the ground when breaking , slowing down

Here are some links to products you might find useful

EUC Worldtour

There are also alot of solarpanel diy kits in aliexpress

Solar panel DIY

sethreth.jpg

Archived