Airwheel in Water

Mmarianne Llaliberté

HI eveyone! 

My airwheel felt in the water.... it's been1 day now, I tried to let it dry over an heater and tried it few minutes ago but the light are going on and then shutting down... So for now it's not working but it seems it's not "dead" either... 

I tried to open it up to let it try but it didn't work... So do you have suggestion? I don't really not what more to do and I hope it's going to work again, 

Thank you! 

Do you have a voltmeter and have a little electronics knowledge?  You can check to see if your battery pack is still working by checking the voltage at the yellow connector.  I think it should read somewhere between 58 and 63 volts give or take. The BMS board might be fried if the battery pack got wet?  The control board also could be toasted.  If might be worthwhile taking it to an electric bike shop for examination.

Best to check some basic things.  Was it totally immersed in fresh or salt water?  Could you give some more details about how much water it fell into?  If salt water you could take some distilled water and with the battery detached, remove the control board to give it a rinse with distilled water, pat dry and allow it to dry in a ziplock bag with some rice or dessicant bags for a few days.

There could be water in the power button.  Take a hair dryer and with the battery pack detached, try drying the button while pressing it and releasing it repeatedly.  

I don't have any electric knowledge unfortunatly' I'll if I can get help about that. 

I'll start looking at small things, it was fresh water, it was completly submerge but only for 1 or 2 seconds. I already tried to open it up but I wasn't able to... It's stuck! Do you have a tip to open it?  And I'll also try the hair dryer.

Thanks for your advice!

If you can tell us what model of Airwheel you have it might help.  I don't have any direct experience with Airwheel, but I do have an Airwheel-like generic clone wheel.  There could still be some water inside, but if you don't have electronics experience be very careful as there are some high voltages inside and when dealing with the battery pack.  Do you have any photos of it?  There's usually some screws holding the panels that cover the mainboard and the battery pack.  Judging by your name, are you close to these guys?

www.Gyroroue-shop.fr

http://funnybike.fr/

Archived