Just to be sure, that Ninebot has the right file on their server, here are the hashes from the original  Mini_Driver_V1.1.7.zip

MD5 Checksum: 94273806959B2BB5FD8C50F6F7323846
SHA-256 Checksum: 2A7743E35DE0136DE46FC2A2D6BA9187CB728738C6F8D7FCC022BD4CA05FED57

When you download this file from Ninebot, check if the checksums are the same.

http://onlinemd5.com/

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Vik's said:

Nicely done, @Denniss! Do you mind if I upload your 9BDgrader to my cloud so it will be available to more people?

Please test it here first. When the first positive feedbacks arrive, we could put the file everywhere.

On 10/06/2016 at 8:02 AM, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

I have tried simple shot with Binwalk... but is unable to identify Bootloader, Filesystem, etc.

With strings... I see...

NinebotMini0001

11961/10000381
11960/10009310
11960/10005565
11960/10007178
11960/10001124
11961/10002670
11960/10003011
11961/10000763
11960/10006936
11960/19999902
11960/10009957
11961/10001818
N3MPA1313A0518
11960/10008199
11960/10003288

Does someone have an idea of what MCU has installed the Ninebot?
Anyone with HQ photos of the mainboard PCB?

i have all ninebot components picture

inside the fin/aileron : bluetooth 9 bot

inside box underbody

https://mini-j.jimdo.com/mini-tech-en/parts-repair/disassemble-mini/

and SMALLEXIS member have open the battery we have other motherboard more than a simple BMS

2 minutes ago, Denniss said:

Please test it here first. When the first positive feedbacks arrive, we could put the file everywhere.

Fair enough. I don't have my Mini Pro yet so I'll wait till other users chime in.

6 minutes ago, Denniss said:

Hello Denniss

i have question, when you downgrade yesterday did you see in the app if activation date have change or not?

1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

Hello Denniss

i have question, when you downgrade yesterday did you see in the app if activation date have change or not?

Sorry, I was only checking firmware version and driving.

I don't think activation date has changed. The Ninebot App sees the 1.1.7 as a new firmware (1.3.0) an installs it. After the downgrade it checks the ninebot server and you will see the new firmware message vor the crippled 1.2.8. Just don't click update. You will be able to install new Ninebot Firmwares in the future.

1 minute ago, Denniss said:

Sorry, I was only checking firmware version and driving.

I don't think activation date has changed. The Ninebot App sees the 1.1.7 as a new firmware (1.3.0) an installs it. After the downgrade it checks the ninebot server and you will see the new firmware message vor the crippled 1.2.8. Just don't click update. You will be able to install new Ninebot Firmwares in the future.

Can you look if activation date change on your app please, i explain you why:

i bought xiaomi mini before april, i dont have activation code issu because no ask for, but since april all xiaomi mini have an activation code to ingress, if dowgrade change my activation date after april, i cant use my mini because i will need activate with chinese mobile phone

1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

Can you look if activation date change on your app please, i explain you why:

i bought xiaomi mini before april, i dont have activation code issu because no ask for, but since april all xiaomi mini have an activation code to ingress, if dowgrade change my activation date after april, i cant use my mini because i will need activate with chinese mobile phone

I'll have a look when I'm at home. Have to work until 3pm.

1 minute ago, Denniss said:

I'll have a look when I'm at home. Have to work until 3pm.

thank you, i dont think it change but before downgrade i want be sure, and this will serve for other user too

Will be great if we can have REGION LOCK solution for all users of direct import from China: many people who bought XIAOMI MINI or MINI PRO directly in or from China after 1rst april have activation code ton ingress in app, this activation code need a local chinese phone number, when number phone is enter , mobile received the activation code, and we have only 60 seconds for ingress it.

Many people have contacted chinese friends by skype for realise this activation method, but others users always find solution on forum and dont have.

Idea is: maybe dowgrade to the first firmware V103 or V111, add old apk v331 or v340 erase data before... and lucky have many tech pro here ;)

Thanks Denniss! 
1. Seems like you need to have an android phone to perform downgrade (I failed to do it from iphone) 
2. I put all this staff at my own DNS server (portaller.com). So now downgrade can be performed easily - just change network settings to use 107.170.15.247 as DNS server, then check that http://apptest.ninebot.cn/appversion/appdownload/NinebotMini/version.json returns "CtrlVersionCode" "0130".
3. Run Ninebot app on android and connect it to Ninebot. It must find new firmware.
4. Firmware will be downgraded to 1.1.7, so every time when you are running app it will telling you that new firmware (1.3.0) is available. 

You will have no prob

1 hour ago, affe said:

Let's assume that Ninebot releases a new firmware with version v1.3.0 where these issues have been fixed and which is overall better than v1.1.7.

Will the app now skip the official v1.3.0 as that version has already been installed?

You will have no problem install new versions. The ninebot is at 1.1.7 After the downgrade 

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

i have all ninebot components picture

inside the fin/aileron : bluetooth 9 bot

inside box underbody

and SMALLEXIS member have open the battery we have other motherboard more than a simple BMS

Sans titre-12.jpg

Sans titre-13.jpg

Sans titre-14.jpg

Sans titre-15.jpg

Sans titre-16.jpg

Sans titre-17.jpg

16.JPG

Can you read the serial numbers of those Microcontroller? Thanks
Are there other MCUs on the mainboard?

I can see some points where there should be a UART port... that could be good for debugging.

I have just been trying to downgrade and I get stuck at the end. I can't open www.ninebot.cn  - Chrome says 'you are offline'

I have 2 questions because some things are not very clear:

1.  "We have to change the DNS Server under the WiFi Settings to our own Server IP."  I have changed the IPv4 address by changing the number at the end to 211.  Do I also have to change the DNS 1 and 2?  If so to what?
2. "On Android with Chrome you have to disable the “Save Data Mode”, you will find it under options."  Where is t"?  I can't seem to find it.

14 minutes ago, tymczasowy933 said:

I have just been trying to downgrade and I get stuck at the end. I can't open www.ninebot.cn  - Chrome says 'you are offline'

I have 2 questions because some things are not very clear:

1.  "We have to change the DNS Server under the WiFi Settings to our own Server IP."  I have changed the IPv4 address by changing the number at the end to 211.  Do I also have to change the DNS 1 and 2?  If so to what?
2. "On Android with Chrome you have to disable the “Save Data Mode”, you will find it under options."  Where is t"?  I can't seem to find it.

me too

16 minutes ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

Can you read the serial numbers of those Microcontroller? Thanks
Are there other MCUs on the mainboard?

I can see some points where there should be a UART port... that could be good for debugging.

we cant read because ones are offical in line document and 2/ smallalexis battery was open 2 wekkes ago

modify \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to resolve the involved domains with your own computer.

127.0.0.1 google.com

127.0.0.1 yahoo.com

Then from cmd flush the DNS cache... ipconfig /flushdns

and then use something like HFS as temporary webserver to host the files u need for upgrade.

That is what I would do on Windows... but so far I didn't get yet my Ninebot. But you got the idea behind the process of Spoofing the domains involved... ;]

Sadly... u have to use android (sorry forgot about that)... so to do it... or u have root and play with adb... or just setup a fake DNS (http://maradns.samiam.org/faq.html) in your windows machine and then point the DNS setting of your android to that machine... and obviously still use HFS as webserver in your windows machine.

P.s. Setup Maradns in order to point all domains involved in the upgrading process to your Windows IP. Then all requests that android will do... will be resolved to your Windows IP (where the files are available through HFS).

3 hours ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

modify \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to resolve the involved domains with your own computer.

127.0.0.1 google.com

127.0.0.1 yahoo.com

Then from cmd flush the DNS cache... ipconfig /flushdns

and then use something like HFS as temporary webserver to host the files u need for upgrade.

That is what I would do on Windows... but so far I didn't get yet my Ninebot. But you got the idea behind the process of Spoofing the domains involved... ;]

Im sorry but im really newbee with this type of configuration and all about server/dns/ ect i dont understand nothing and i think much people like me doesn't do the process correctly .

on the screenshot i cannot install one program i dont know wich to install i try with all .exe , no one is installed 

Forget about /etc/host... my mistake. I just realized that u can upgrade the firmware only through android.
I provided another solution below.
MaraDNS + HFS on Windows Machine.... Set WindowsIP on DNS settings in android >>> All URLs will be resolved by MaraDNS to point to your WindowsIP... thus the android app will take your files from HFS instead of Ninebot website...

P.S. This is how it should work... however I would wait for the guy that tried in advance... since I cannot even try yet (my ninebot is still on the road) ;]

I just noticed Deniss provided the rar tutorial.
That's enough I believe :)

Archived