4 minutes ago, stefanoda said:

good, thank god something is moving.. but I sure don't like the way they're reducing the features of the current mini just because they're about to launch a new one.. I think our best option would be to revert to the previous firmware, not get a new one that may be limited in some other ways.. what do you guys think?

Agreed, I think we should not stop complaining until we get a firmware (back) that is as good as the previous one. Keep the pressure on them up! Even better, let's find the email of the CEO and help him make his decision.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugo BARRA is at head of xiaomi....Nobody have a lunch today with him?

i find this manager (for ninebot one) 

First Name:    BOYI
Last Name:    XIE
Title:    Manager
Telephone Number:    010-84828002-680    Extension:    
Fax Number:    010-84828002-624
Email:    boyi.xie@ninebot.com

After my call with Joe he wrote me back the following:

" Dear 

we are now collecting all the feedback about the firmware from customer and email CTO who design this product soon.
Any news about that will let you know.
Best regard
joe"

I send him some links to this and other forum boards where the new firmware is a topic.

Let's hope things are moving fast from here on, to get this fixed.

Hi All,

I found this forum by accident, because I was looking if others have comparable problems with the Mini Pro with V1.2.8 (though I like the Mini Pro a lot).

Just fyi, I sent the following email to Ninebot's service email-address, because I think this will help more than complaining in a forum:

Dear Gentlemen,

I’m an until now quite excited owner of the Ninebot Mini Pro, which I’m using heavily since I have bought it (approx. 250km in approx. 2 weeks).

Unfortunately one of the last firmware updates (I have V1.2.8 now) renders it nearly unusable for me, because of 2 severe deficiencies:

1)      it is constantly beeping when reaching the maximum speed,

2)      it automatically decelerates when reaching the maximum speed, so I have to accelerate again, which makes driving experience quite bad and inconsistent.

PLEASE change that to the following:

1)      Do not let it beep when reaching the maximum speed,

2)      If maximum speed is reached, just keep the speed constantly without beeping, like automatic cruisecontrol in a car is doing it (except of course if I intentionally want to decelerate again by leaning backwards).

I would have an additional wish, but do not know if it is technically possible:

Could you also let the user set the maximum speed to 20 or better 25 km/h (of course if battery temperature, remaining mileage and all the other conditions allow it) ?

Thanks, and best regards,

Yea, I think it goes all the way down to half speed when it tilts, now, I think they heard me before about going slower instead of killing the wheel, but I swear I said that in the Gotway, doing 40 km/h, post not here!

To add... when you ride on bumpy surfaces, the sensors seem to have become so sensitive that after riding over a small bump, it'll beep to say "I'm accelerating too fast"! 

Also going up small inclines (below 15deg limit) now it'll tilt backwards to try a reduce the power output. This happens way before it even reaches the speed limit. eg. 15km/h.

And yes, it'll start tilting backwards BEFORE you even reach 18km/h (max). 

Again as mentioned earlier, if you try to keep forcing it to go faster after you hit the speed limit, it'll reduce the speed limit by 3km/h. For how long I'm not sure. I only know that for the rest of my 5km journey, I was not able to reach back to 18km/h even when I after several minutes trying to ride within the lower minute without setting off any alarms. Even turning off and on didn't reset the speed limit. On my return journey many hours later that day, it went back to 18km/h limit. 

To Mr Ninebot CEO,

Do you care about your customers?

What problems, issues or complaints did you or your company have before you decided to add all these restrictions thereby changing the very nature of what made your product so good in the first place?

By taking over control on how we ride your Ninebots, do you think it'll this has solved your so-called problem(s)?

Did you actually think that by adding all these restrictions you were improving the product performance, safety and experience?

Would you like it if the manufacturer of your luxury sport cars decided to reduce the max speed and overall performance without your consent because they thought you were driving and accelerating too fast; therefore judging you to drive unsafely? And they add all these beeping noises which you can't turn off every time you exceed the rules and limits they set for you? 

How long will it take for you to figure out what you'd done with this firmware was take back control of a product that you falsely sold to your customer?

Change it back to the way it was immediately. You had no right to do this in the first place. At least myself and all your customers did not sign an agreement for you to tamper and change the performance of your product.

EW-SG

7 hours ago, EW-SG said:

To add... when you ride on bumpy surfaces, the sensors seem to have become so sensitive that after riding over a small bump, it'll beep to say "I'm accelerating too fast"! 

Also going up small inclines (below 15deg limit) now it'll tilt backwards to try a reduce the power output. This happens way before it even reaches the speed limit. eg. 15km/h.

And yes, it'll start tilting backwards BEFORE you even reach 18km/h (max). 

Again as mentioned earlier, if you try to keep forcing it to go faster after you hit the speed limit, it'll reduce the speed limit by 3km/h. For how long I'm not sure. I only know that for the rest of my 5km journey, I was not able to reach back to 18km/h even when I after several minutes trying to ride within the lower minute without setting off any alarms. Even turning off and on didn't reset the speed limit. On my return journey many hours later that day, it went back to 18km/h limit. 

To Mr Ninebot CEO,

Do you care about your customers?

What problems, issues or complaints did you or your company have before you decided to add all these restrictions thereby changing the very nature of what made your product so good in the first place?

By taking over control on how we ride your Ninebots, do you think it'll this has solved your so-called problem(s)?

Did you actually think that by adding all these restrictions you were improving the product performance, safety and experience?

Would you like it if the manufacturer of your luxury sport cars decided to reduce the max speed and overall performance without your consent because they thought you were driving and accelerating too fast; therefore judging you to drive unsafely? And they add all these beeping noises which you can't turn off every time you exceed the rules and limits they set for you? 

How long will it take for you to figure out what you'd done with this firmware was take back control of a product that you falsely sold to your customer?

Change it back to the way it was immediately. You had no right to do this in the first place. At least myself and all your customers did not sign an agreement for you to tamper and change the performance of your product.

EW-SG

I AGREE !

Hi!

i'm from Germany and have two Mini Pro. One with Firmware 1.17 and one with Firmware 1.28, so I have a direct comparison between the two Versions. I will make a Video how both perform at gentle slopes in comparison.

The 1.28 version sucks and I'm not willing to accept a later crippled product for which I payed 1250 Euros. I mailed the support one week ago and don't get an answer until now. 

We should start to put some pressure at Ninebot to speed things up. If Ninebot isn't willing to give us the Firmware 1.17 back in the period of one week from now, all frustrated owners should start a "bad review campain" over Ninebot and the Mini. The Mini is listed even at Amazon. Youtube channels with good reviews over the Mini / Mini Pro could be asked to make a new review with the new firmware. We could also inform blogs and technical newssites who reported earlier about the Mini / Pro whats going on. Ninebot should be informed about the campain.

If user critics aren't heart by Ninebot, I'm sure the sound of loosing money and get a bad reputation will.

A frustrated Ninebot buyer.

3 hours ago, Denniss said:

Hi!

i'm from Germany and have two Mini Pro. One with Firmware 1.17 and one with Firmware 1.28, so I have a direct comparison between the two Versions. I will make a Video how both perform at gentle slopes in comparison.

The 1.28 version sucks and I'm not willing to accept a later crippled product for which I payed 1250 Euros. I mailed the support one week ago and don't get an answer until now. 

We should start to put some pressure at Ninebot to speed things up. If Ninebot isn't willing to give us the Firmware 1.17 back in the period of one week from now, all frustrated owners should start a "bad review campain" over Ninebot and the Mini. The Mini is listed even at Amazon. Youtube channels with good reviews over the Mini / Mini Pro could be asked to make a new review with the new firmware. We could also inform blogs and technical newssites who reported earlier about the Mini / Pro whats going on. Ninebot should be informed about the campain.

If user critics aren't heart by Ninebot, I'm sure the sound of loosing money and get a bad reputation will.

A frustrated Ninebot buyer.

Hello

Thank for join us

Firmware 1.1.7 is good , no? I dont have time dowloaded it, i just have this bad v1.2.8

Will be good see riding diference with the both you have

MINI PRO PRICE is really EXAGERATE I think

Im looking for a serious website for start an international petition, if anybody know where to get....

Also, i saw this website for make complain against NINEBOT XIAOMI SEGWAY https://econsumer.gov/fr/FileAComplaint#crnt

i would like have users opinion on this website, 

What is the reproach? Is downgrade mini 's performances, affecting riding and safety of user,  pleasure and enjoying for what we paid

read you soon users

i got response from Ninebot and this is no good ((

In my previous letter i detailed describe all bad things that happened to my ninebots with this  F@#&in 1.2.8 update. I fill accident form, and all i got is this letter from Song Zhang.
Kinda like "It is okaaay, this is not the droids you are looking for" 

Dear alexnz:
We know it is not feeling the same after you update the version, but please kindly understand that we made this change is because of the complains of customer when they have overspeeding and fast acceleration, which lead to their falling down. They claimed us a lot on why we not do something to prevent people from overspeeding and fast-acceleration. That is where the v1.2.8 begins. And please kindly understand we always put clients' safety in the first place.
regards,
Song

Song ZHANG 
Technical Service Engineer (Europe)
Post-sale Service and Technical Support Department
Ninebot Inc. China
Mobile:86-18601240730
Wechat:Song_Zhang123
facebook: Song Zhang(Ninebot Service Europe)

19 hours ago, Oli said:

Has anyone any news from ninebot?

Yes.

I got yesterday an information from service that they want to fix this.

But because the changes they applied with 1.2.8 were done because of customer requests, who complained that the riding experience is to dangerous, they need to find a way how both customer requests can be fulfilled.

Possibly they not only need to change the firmware, but also need to add a switch to the app where one can decide how the unit should behave. But this is just my guess, I don't know HOW they want to fix it, I just got the info, THAT they want to fix it and the reason why they changed it at first place.

So I think we should not blame them, if it  was a customer request, and especially now when they try to find a solution which comforts both customer parties.

Let's see which enhancements the next firmware will bring - if I get it, I'll post experiences here, and others, please do the same.

they should just give us the option to choose what firmware to download and install.. if the noob users want more safety they can keep the stupid V.1.2.8.. For me, I want to revert to V1.1.7 and be done with this limiting nonsense.. I believe if they ever get this fixed, and without the option of reverting to a previous firmware if things don't go well, nobody will ever EVER update their firmware again..

Sorry Ninebot, but this sounds to me like a lie.

What comes next, max speed of 6km because all grandpas wan't to ride the mini / pro?
The 1.1.7 was more safety than this crippled and unnatural 1.2.8.

This is not anymore the product I bought 8 weeks ago. 

5 hours ago, Alex Markin said:

i got response from Ninebot and this is no good ((

In my previous letter i detailed describe all bad things that happened to my ninebots with this  F@#&in 1.2.8 update. I fill accident form, and all i got is this letter from Song Zhang.
Kinda like "It is okaaay, this is not the droids you are looking for" 

Dear alexnz:
We know it is not feeling the same after you update the version, but please kindly understand that we made this change is because of the complains of customer when they have overspeeding and fast acceleration, which lead to their falling down. They claimed us a lot on why we not do something to prevent people from overspeeding and fast-acceleration. That is where the v1.2.8 begins. And please kindly understand we always put clients' safety in the first place.
regards,
Song

@Alex Markin Yes, I also got this response first (seems to be a preprepared textblock), but I insisted and also showed a Youtube video, to describe, what is no longer possible with v1.2.8.

BTW, it is a great video, don't remember from where I have the link, sorry if I have it from here, but if you don't know it, it's worth a view:

On 08/06/2016 at 11:57 AM, HermanTheGerman said:

@Alex Markin Yes, I also got this response first (seems to be a preprepared textblock), but I insisted and also showed a Youtube video, to describe, what is no longer possible with v1.2.8.

BTW, it is a great video, don't remember from where I have the link, sorry if I have it from here, but if you don't know it, it's worth a view:

A really great video! 

I had a call to Ninebot Germany a few hours back. They are aware of the problems but don't think that we are getting the performance of the 1.1.7 back. The have many complains about this software but no influence to the decisions of Ninebot International.

I've started to write to blogs and give bad (honest) reviews at shopping sites like Amazon Germany. The USA sales starting soon, so help would be good. If Nineboot isn't willing to give us our good Ninebot back, they have to pay. 

Ninebot International has also a Facebook chat, please write there and send them screenshots of bad reviews and blog comments.

27 minutes ago, Denniss said:

I had a call to Ninebot Germany a few hours back. They are aware of the problems but don't think that we are getting the performance of the 1.1.7 back. The have many complains about this software but no influence to the decisions of Ninebot International.

I've started to write to blogs and give bad (honest) reviews at shopping sites like Amazon Germany. The USA sales starting soon, so help would be good. If Nineboot isn't willing to give us our good Ninebot back, they have to pay. 

Ninebot International has also a Facebook chat, please write there and send them screenshots of bad reviews and blog comments.

ok, let's go for war, youtube comentary are good place for bad opinion , too

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

ok, let's go for war, youtube comentary are good place for bad opinion , too

Hey jojo33,

I found out that you are posting in a french forum also (urban360). Maybe you can post there, that we try to bundle our discussions and frustrations here. I've wrote this in the N-Fans group a few minutes ago.

17 minutes ago, Denniss said:

Hey jojo33,

I found out that you are posting in a french forum also (urban360). Maybe you can post there, that we try to bundle our discussions and frustrations here. I've wrote this in the N-Fans group a few minutes ago.

Yes Im active member about mini http://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/forum/61-ninebot-mini-mini-pro/

I M thinking create a post calling "Dont buy Mini and Mini Pro " where I ll explain why and invite every owners to rate if They are agree or not

DON T BUY NINEBOT SEGWAY XIAOMI MINI AND MINI PRO 

Archived