A mini faster must be bigger wheels 12 inch 14 inch 

Stronger 8000 10000 mAh battery 

And with a good firmware and good communication with the brand 

Below russian mini owner add special tire bigger 

Seems get more good feeling in offroad 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a brave person to attempt to hack the Segway firmware.  The current firmware may well be designed to ensure that when going at 10mph there is enough power in reserve to deal with uneven surfaces and obstacles, and increasing to say 15mph might then result in a sudden stop at that higher speed, or in damage to the device when hitting something at higher than designed speed.  Personally I wouldn't try hacked firmware until others had acted as crash dummies for at least 6 months (to see what reports of personal injury and long-term damage to the device emerged).

@jojo33

Personally, mini layout and dimensions are perfect as they are now ;)

No sense in complicating to carry it in commuting with Bus or Metro adding weight or enlarge it... at that point just exist the Elite + 16" wheels but too large and 24kg in weight. .:wacko:

I think that the mini power and its instant power is enough in almost every tasks ! Obviously to preserve security it must be managed better giving it a more powerful battery pack able to release more instant power on request ;) and tune then the BMS and the firmware to act with this powerful package ;)

@Ozpeter

You are right ;)

But at now, together with the punishment firmware feature, All it's too much conservative. ..:rolleyes:

In my case, it starts to beep and tilt back immediately as I start a little uphill forcing me to go almost zero speed....:(

10 hours ago, zugu said:

Unlucky. .

I really don't think that will ever come out from Ninebot a device of this kind that will go to 25-30Km/h ...it's against their plains to achieve the homologation to be legally used on all sidewalks.  This is the reason why in the app exists the 6km/h speed limit setting ;)

I believe,  it's more easy to assist in a future to a kind of hacks that will permit to get some CUSTOM Firmwares that will act as the user wants and desires B)

Come on my developers !

Thake this jewel at our desired speed together with the ability in a custom app to set the threshold where it starts to beep ( or even shut off) and tilt back ;)

I completely agree with you!

Hope some hacks coming soon!!!!! Those who want will try the new firmware otherwise leaves the existing firmware, where is the problem?

I will be among the first!

• 8 months later...

Hello, to all ;)

Just bought another mini :wub:Pro, this time, white color ;)

Found in it, 1st power on,  the firmware 1.2.2 ( luckily not 1.2.8 or 1.3.1 where downgrade is almost impossible. ..:angry:)

Like the large part of you known,  I have and love my black unit with firmware 1.1.7 :wub:

Please, 2 questions:

1st thing.. wish to try the 1.2.2 installed BUT... just noticed the it has a bad continuous Bip Bip Warning as soon as you drive backwards. ..:blink1: it it possible and where is possible to turn if off ??? :(

2nd thing

On my black unit I successfully downgraded from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 because at that time was active a web server with a proper renamed firmware file and proper DNS addresses to point to ;) But at now, it seems no more active. ...:unsure:.... so, how to do ???

Really hard for me to build up a personal webserver to make the downgrade. .. and if I can't turn off the bip  bip warnings as I go backwards with 1.2.2, I have no chance to keep it. ..<_<

Please, help ;)

Congrats!

1.2.2 have no option to deactivate "warning when going back too quickly"-thingy in app as I remember it.

29 minutes ago, zugu said:

On my black unit I successfully downgraded from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 because at that time was active a web server with a proper renamed firmware file and proper DNS addresses to point to ;) But at now, it seems no more active. ...:unsure:.... so, how to do ???

Really hard for me to build up a personal webserver to make the downgrade. .. and if I can't turn off the bip  bip warnings as I go backwards with 1.2.2, I have no chance to keep it. ..<_<

Please, help ;)

There is a 9BDgrader all-in-one package, including web- and dns- server, and firmware files within.

Take a look here:

@Vik's

Thanks ;)

So .. no way to deactivate. ..:angry: and unluckily too complicated the installation you linked either if is an all in one package:(

Last time I downgraded 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 on my black unit, the only operations and setting I made was to set on my Android smartphone the 2 DNS address and it worked like a charm:wub:

Now too much difficult. .. no mind at time to study and learn how to do even if I see it's explained step by step....:rolleyes:

Edit: SOLVED B)

Luckily is still up Alex DNS server:thumbup:

Solved too all my doubts ...

Great !!! :clap3:

• 9 months later...

Hello Everyone, 

I just hope im not too late to downgrade my newly bought Ninebot Segway Mini Pro, I bought it last week and it came with the V 4.4.5, I have an Iphone, and I have read most of the post, but im not very tech related (im 63 yo), I´d love to fix my mini pro, since its quite annoying (and dangeorus) that the machine is all the time stopping and pulling backwards by itself.

Please someone help me! I´ll be really thankful.

Hope you all have a great weekend kids.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:48 AM, maaambo said:

Hello Everyone, 

I just hope im not too late to downgrade my newly bought Ninebot Segway Mini Pro, I bought it last week and it came with the V 4.4.5, I have an Iphone, and I have read most of the post, but im not very tech related (im 63 yo), I´d love to fix my mini pro, since its quite annoying (and dangeorus) that the machine is all the time stopping and pulling backwards by itself.

Please someone help me! I´ll be really thankful.

Hope you all have a great weekend kids.

Looks like your talking about the App version, not the firmware version. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, maaambo said:

Ok, I just checked my firmware is 1.4.0.

Can someone please explain me how to do the downgrade, im not very techy person, thank you so much.

:)

Hello

Downgrade It is no longer possible now,  except for direct programming with a special connector on the motherboard
The Russians do it but it pays
otherwise, the old method is no longer usable, it was to believe the application connected to the Mini, there was a new firmware available to load,
in truth it was the old firmware renamed with a higher version number....

Advice:
you have to adapt to the MINI, and the Mini will adapt to you
you have to repeat the tutorial
you reset the factory settings
because the sensors have recorded your previous driving and also remember your mistakes
walk your first 1 km tranquillo, cool, soft, do not beeper the Mini
then
after unlocking the speed
starts to roll slowly, avoid obstacles, bumps, roll a little faster by monitoring your speed on the application,
do not cause tiltback (beeping and braking when overtaking
you have to start driving your first 50 kilometers carefully

you must understand that speed will not seem fast
and that around you, bikes, cars go faster
it gives stress and the desire to support stronger
you must understand that driving is intuitive, with your feet and your center of gravity
you have to bend your knees, find at every moment the position of your body, adapt to driving

you must anticipate the obstacles
you have to observe the sidewalks, which you will be able to climb without beeping the MINI,

you must understand the strength of your feet
put your fingers on the pads
Excess pressure everywhere and see how the MINI accelerates, go back and forth
you must feel with your fingers the strength your feet have to transmit to the pads

do not insist when he beeps, to force with your feet
you can be ejected forward, because it will lock net and tilt back

when you will be familiar with your speed your behavior and the logic of the MINI
you will feel a lot of pleasure in driving him

Warning
between your orders that you transmit to the MINI by your pressure and the position of your body,
the MINI has a computation time of one second offset

On 6/14/2018 at 10:34 AM, jojo33 said:

The Russians do it but it pays
 otherwise, the old method is no longer usable, it was to believe the application connected to the Mini, there was a new firmware available to load,
in truth it was the old firmware renamed with a higher version number....

The Russians are already traveling at a speed of 23-25 km/h?

On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 1:10 PM, jojo33 said:

? Russians have always been the first to improve, customize the MINI 

Well...

How to contact them in order to costumize my 2 mini Pro to gain 25Km/h ??? :-)

Archived