Show off your Mods here for the mini...

Here is my current updo... Funny, just missed the zoo parade on Saturday as I did this on Sunday...

I used FireFly glow-in-dark tape, zebra and plain on wheels too, sadly you see glow only in pitch dark, don't use this glow-in-dark tape. I will replace wheel tape with Duck Tape that does every good glow, and will add/mount blue/uv LEDs to light up wheels at it turns.... 

57 minutes ago, Ryan Bryant said:

I think I should replace that as "tiny mods" instead of "mini mods" :P. It would look more adorable if a kid will ride on it. However, kids also love such bikes although sometimes they fell from it. I also have a hoverboard of mine which one is ordered from "Betterscooter" stores. But I am jealous as it's not so tiny as yours :P .

Doesn't Ninebot Mini have 10" tires? I think it's larger than most (if not all) hoverboards, probably heavier too... maybe Betterscooter should sell them also to get more clients? ;)

Anyways, I was thinking of adding an external pack to the mini... There are NB one packs for sell, I'm looking at the 340 wh 55 v, for a total of 610 wh, if a go I plan to mount it vertically on the back of control arm, there is easy access to the charging wires behind the port (update the charger port is in battery pack not in mini), but getting to the main battery load wiring, will be more difficult as pack connects directly to motherboard... Anyone knows of good access points to solder to on the board? Have not taken apart yet...

I still can't make the full run of our 11 miles of beaches at our Peninsula on the Great Lakes.... http://www.presqueisle.org/about/interactive-map/ 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got my battery pack in, don't know if I can pull it off but going for it, looks like I have to back the pack...I do need one more item, I don't know where to get this black connector....

20160616_105046.jpg

And here in my final update of all mods in place ...

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

Ok I got my battery pack in, don't know if I can pull it off but going for it, looks like I have to back the pack...I do need one more item, I don't know where to get this black connector....

20160616_105046.jpg

The black connector looks like it could be a 2-pin JST SM, but not sure:

vehicle_gps_early_warning_jst_wire_harne

Edit: If that's just the charging connector, you could just replace it with something... Cut and solder the wires one at a time to prevent accidental short circuits ;) 

I want to HACK the PACK not back the pack, and to thank Jojo33 for providing pictures of mini...

I didn't want to destroy pack in case I have to sell it...and I what to keep it, removable. I will have to adjust the mini pack to extend wiring from it the 'back' of it though...

Thanks esaj, that in the connector needed!

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

This is starting to piss me off, I can not edit any post!! What the fuck!?

Strange.  Can you try a different browser?

Is the edit button missing?

Continue this conversation in the private message that I just replied to you.

PS. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• 1 month later...

You'd have to be careful about balance if you hang something on the steering bar.  Try it with any bag you have.  You may find that it's inclined to trundle away quite briskly when you step off it.  When it's powered off, I wheel it along behind me with a cheap shopping bag slung over the knee pads, but I wouldn't turn it on with the bag in place. 

Mod to allow the Kensington Lock slot to be used - remove the steering bar and CAREFULLY and GENTLY drill out the inner Kensington lock slot (the one on the body of the MiniPro where the handle attaches) with a drill which is the same diameter as the Kensington lock "T" bar.  So you end up with a slot with a hole in the centre of it.  Now when you replace the handle and insert the Kensington lock through the slot in the handle, the tip passes into the hole you just made, and can rotate when you secure the lock.

20 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Mod to allow the Kensington Lock slot to be used - remove the steering bar and CAREFULLY and GENTLY drill out the inner Kensington lock slot (the one on the body of the MiniPro where the handle attaches) with a drill which is the same diameter as the Kensington lock "T" bar.  So you end up with a slot with a hole in the centre of it.  Now when you replace the handle and insert the Kensington lock through the slot in the handle, the tip passes into the hole you just made, and can rotate when you secure the lock.

Will not trust the mini to a Kensington  Lock. is there any heavy duty version of the Kensigton Lock

Most lock that I check on Amazon are intended for laptop attached to a desk for office environment where nobody walk around wit a cable cutter.

I found a cheat Kensington Lock that look like it has a removable plastic ring that allow the lock to go deeper into the slot.

• 1 month later...

Okay whoever said that the Kingston Lock would work on a Mini Pro is completely wrong. I have tried and it, the nub is way too small,  and that handle too thick, the nub will not reach the other end to twist and turn and lock in place0, plus you have a tiny tiny screw holding it easily busted

20160826_150044.jpg

Archived