Firmware 1.4.0

Vik's

New firmware version is now available! Don't know what "features" are in there...

- Looks like the 8kHz sound from 1.3.5 is nearly gone (or at least that pronounced longer). Nope...

From SpeedyFeet:

V1.4.0 is designed for One P and C

1,It adjust the speed limit to 12kmh at lower votlage for ONE-P
2,It adjust the driver data to decrease the shake problme for some ONE-C
3,Add the protection for electirc current.

x1 Customer reporting cut out on pendulum'ing back and forth (This is known to cause high stress / 'voltage shock' as requires huge power surges to keep Ninebot stable) - only reported on this x1 ONE P at present.

1.4.0.JPG

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better to wait till it matures. Can't afford to brick my just revived unit. To be honest though, I immediately upgraded the replacement board to firmware 1.3.5 and found no issues. for nearly 300kms now.

uHqoTH5.png

As you can see, I'm a little adventurous.  I currently have 430+- Miles on it.

20160522_170929000_iOS.png

Updating:

20160524_135024000_iOS.png

And here is the completed Update to 1.4.0.  I'll give an update after I've ridden it later today.

20160524_135029000_iOS.png

I'm still on 1.3.0. I tried an E+ with 1.3.5 but I didn't like how the pedals tilt forward or back slightly after you accelerate or decelerate.  Version 1.3.0 does this too but not as much. I am eager to find out your impressions about 1.4.0, @SuperSport.   Thanks for being the Guinea pig for all of us!

Unfortunately, I'm at Sacramento International Airport right now. Will be trying it when I get back home. 

Should have brought it to ride around the terminals!  ?  Although, if it faceplants me or catches fire on the new update, that would be bad PR for EUCs. 

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

... Although, if it faceplates me or catches fire on the new update, that would be bad PR for EUCs. 

And we don't need that!

Today Updated my E+ to firmware 1.4.0... and my LED's going the wrong way.... and i'm almost 100% sure it was correct before....ok I can switch the connectors but I'm still in learning process so I have the protection rubber on my ninebot that prevent taking of the rings.

If anybody also have this issue please let now.... than I can wait for next update:)))

7 hours ago, SuperSport said:

As you can see, I'm a little adventurous.  I currently have 430+- Miles on it.

20160522_170929000_iOS.png

Updating:

20160524_135024000_iOS.png

And here is the completed Update to 1.4.0.  I'll give an update after I've ridden it later today.

20160524_135029000_iOS.png

My Leds going reverse since this update...... almost sure this wasn't before:) but now doubting was or wasn't :)))))

7 minutes ago, Michel Pot said:

Today Updated my E+ to firmware 1.4.0... and my LED's going the wrong way.... and i'm almost 100% sure it was correct before....ok I can switch the connectors but I'm still in learning process so I have the protection rubber on my ninebot that prevent taking of the rings.

If anybody also have this issue please let now.... than I can wait for next update:)))

I've switched the connectors around. Didn't bother me too much but one day I had some time so I was like "just do it"

5 minutes ago, Vik's said:

I've switched the connectors around. Didn't bother me too much but one day I had some time so I was like "just do it"

Yes:) but i was wondering.... could it be the update? I was almost sure they moving in the right direction before:))) but like you said...maybe later change connectors...I'm also not looking always at the leds besides you canot see them at daylight:)

@Michel Pot 

It could be the update, yes.

Do you remember what fw version your ninebot had prior to this update 1.4.0? I think there are other users that have mentioned led's direction and pointed to an update. I just don't remember what version... Some place  around/before 1.2.x maybe

is

24 minutes ago, Vik's said:

@Michel Pot 

It could be the update, yes.

Do you remember what fw version your ninebot had prior to this update 1.4.0? I think there are other users that have mentioned led's direction and pointed to an update. I just don't remember what version... Some place  around/before 1.2.x maybe

it is the second firmware update...My ninebot is only 2 weeks old. from 1.3.5 to 1.4.0 but I'm almost sure the leds where sycling correct at 1.3.5.

But really don't remember the firmware out of the box...... i think minimum 1.2 .... or something

But anyway... not that's it very important problem.... but only was wondering maybe other people also have this....

this stupid issues let me think maybe I have Alzheimer light :))))) thinking was it correct or not before:)))) hihihih

11 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Well, as an adventurer, I'm about to update... ;)  I'll report back if there are any issues.  Going on a long ride this weekend, so that will be a good test for it.

Keep us posted. Would be nice if they released a statement describing what the updates involve

Ok, I have a little time now to respond.  My LED's did not change direction.

Riding the wheel is very similar to 1.3.5, although, I feel like it tilts forward a little more when turning.  Also, when starting and stopping, it feels slightly different in the tilt.  But, it's actually somehow better (Not as Aggressive - Slower)?  It's hard to describe, but like it's easier to control after you ride it a tiny bit.  I did a video while riding it and I was having trouble describing it while recording too, but it's different.  Not bad, just slightly different.

The motor is still SUPER smooth like the 1.3.5 update gave us.  

31 minutes ago, OneWheel said:

Can anyone confirm stopping fast will not burn the circuit board on 1.40? Make sure to wear full protection before testing?

I rode about 5 miles since that's all the time I had today.  I tried some hard stops (Not from Full Speed), and also confirmed the Tilt Back is still at 12.9 MPH on my wheel, just as before.  I started with a full battery and headed down my driveway and road, about 1/8 mile down hill, and parts are VERY steep.  I was a bit anxious going down because I know that can be an issue on a full battery, and now brand new firmware, but no issues at all.  Going back up the driveway was as simple as before.  As simple as 25 Degrees can be that is...

Keep in mind that just because my board did not die does not mean it cannot happen.

8 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

I'm still on 1.3.0. I tried an E+ with 1.3.5 but I didn't like how the pedals tilt forward or back slightly after you accelerate or decelerate.  Version 1.3.0 does this too but not as much. I am eager to find out your impressions about 1.4.0, @SuperSport.   Thanks for being the Guinea pig for all of us!

I'd say the tilt back you mention is actually more than 1.3.5.  Just ever so slightly, but more.  I actually like the ride of 1.4.0 after about 1 mile of getting used to it.  When doing VERY tight turns (Scraping Pedals), it feels quite a bit more controllable than on 1.3.5. 

I just did a 7km ride and I confirm that the tiltback happens earlier than before, and I felt like I was going slower.

However it feels more comfortable. My setting is on 3. I'll try on 4.

Cheers !

6 hours ago, frip745 said:

I just did a 7km ride and I confirm that the tiltback happens earlier than before, and I felt like I was going slower.

However it feels more comfortable. My setting is on 3. I'll try on 4.

Cheers !

If you want to have a more hard ride, it's 2 on the scale, not 4 (depend of what you want). 0 is very "hard", 9 is very "smooth".

On 5/24/2016 at 4:57 AM, Vik's said:

New firmware version is now available! Don't know what "features" are in there...

- Looks like the 8kHz sound from 1.3.5 is nearly gone (or at least that pronounced longer). Nope...

1.4.0.JPG

Just updated to Firmware 1.4.0 and took for a test ride. Ninebot One E+ seems a bit more forgiving in turns. Also not as rapid acceleration but that is OK. Was only able to ride about 2 miles between patients. So far I like it. Took a bit for Bluetooth to reconnect. Had to reboot a few times. I first thought all of my data was gone as the screen on my iphone indicated numerous zeros for time, mileage, bat life, etc,  but then after the final reboot all data reappeared. Ya!

well, I upgraded to 1.4.0 yesterday - 

The new firmware feels a little softer - I usually rude at a 0 sensitivity setting, and set the new firmware to 0

One big problem: When rolling back and forth at a stop sign (to balance), I found I was able to "break-thru" the motor resistance and the motor/gyro simply failed to resist the movement to keep the unit upright.

This happens when I roll back and forth aggressively.  (any other aggressive riders experience this "break-thru" issue?)

30 minutes ago, TomC said:

The new firmware feels a little softer - I usually rude at a 0 sensitivity setting, and set the new firmware to 0

One big problem: When rolling back and forth at a stop sign (to balance), I found I was able to "break-thru" the motor resistance and the motor/gyro simply failed to resist the movement to keep the unit upright.

This happens when I roll back and forth aggressively.  (any other aggressive riders experience this "break-thru" issue?)

same for me on my P. Worried that a harsh break will shut off too. 

Yet afain i in I think Ninebot is taking the piss 

3 hours ago, TomC said:

By "failing to ... keep the unit upright" do you mean that it shut off?

Archived