LHOTZ models

The Fat Unicyclist

I'm looking to upgrade my EUC, and the IPS option from my local agent is the "IPS 191 Xima Lhotz 340" but when I look at the iamips.com website they show two (different) options - the ""IPS 181 Lhotz 340" or the "IPS 191 Lhotz 260"

But other than the battery size (and an apparent 30km/h speed limit from the local model), I am struggling to understand the difference between them all. Is someone able to tell me how these models differ, please? 

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm looking to upgrade my EUC, and the IPS option from my local agent is the "IPS 191 Xima Lhotz 340" but when I look at the iamips.com website they show two (different) options - the ""IPS 181 Lhotz 340" or the "IPS 191 Lhotz 260"

But other than the battery size (and an apparent 30km/h speed limit from the local model), I am struggling to understand the difference between them all. Is someone able to tell me how these models differ, please? 

Battery capacity. 340wh for 191 260wh for 181. You got it the other way around.

ModelIPS181 / LHOTZ260           IPS191 / LHOTZ340

Battery260Wh lithium                    battery340Wh lithium battery

Max Power Output1000                Watt1000 Watt

Capacity120KG                             120KG

Tire Size16                                     Inch16 Inch

Max speed30 Km/H                      30 Km/H

The "IPS number" designation leads to a lot of confusion.

the "model number" Lhotz 340+, usually gives you the Wh in this case 340Wh,

My T680+, f. ex. you can find it as T151 and T152.

Sometimes different resellers get it wrong, maybe some even op purpose, because the buyer then realises too late that he gets a 260Wh (cheaper chinese batt) version instead of 340Wh (japanese sony or panasonic batt).

Whatever brand, make, model you buy, make sure you get one with japanese batteries of a reputed brand, they usually have better performance, a longe lifecycle, and most of all should be a lot safer (fire).

20 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Battery capacity. 340wh for 191 260wh for 181. You got it the other way around.

Thanks @SlowMo. And I did double check that. Looking at http://en.iamips.com/ips191.html though I saw the following... So is the IPS website (English version) incorrect? 

PSX_20160514_174746.jpg

23 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Thanks @SlowMo. And I did double check that. Looking at http://en.iamips.com/ips191.html though I saw the following... So is the IPS website (English version) incorrect?

Sorry, I was looking at the former website that you referred to .."ipselectricunicycleonline". If this is on the factory page then this one should be the correct model number. 

They are both the same except for battery capacity and model number.

Sorry, I was looking at the former website that you referred to .."ipselectricunicycleonline". If this is on the factory page then this one should be the correct model number. 

They are both the same except for battery capacity and model number.

Which is why I am confused... I thought I understood all of this, but I am told that this is the manufacturers website (I found this out when asking Runrui about the "191+"), and that is why I asked this question. 

I think I am going to extend the comment from @Jurgen and go with this as an "English as a second language" typo. 

Which brings me back to buying local, so that I can better leverage the consumer laws (should that be necessary).

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Which is why I am confused... I thought I understood all of this, but I am told that this is the manufacturers website (I found this out when asking Runrui about the "191+"), and that is why I asked this question. 

I think I am going to extend the comment from @Jurgen and go with this as an "English as a second language" typo. 

Which brings me back to buying local, so that I can better leverage the consumer laws (should that be necessary).

Whatever you decide on, I wish you good luck and safe journey always. 

Whatever you decide on, I wish you good luck and safe journey always. 

.... And let as all know how you get on as how a wheel will perform with a heavier rider is quite a common question on the forum.

PS My 'bucket list' has always included flying a Tigermoth along the New Zealand coast, riding an EUC through the New Zealand countryside must rate a pretty close second place to it ;-)

21 minutes ago, Keith said:

.... And let as all know how you get on as how a wheel will perform with a heavier rider is quite a common question on the forum.

PS My 'bucket list' has always included flying a Tigermoth along the New Zealand coast, riding an EUC through the New Zealand countryside must rate a pretty close second place to it ;-)

Thanks @Keith. I will definitely be sharing the experience from a "solid persons" perspective. And I will endeavour to share some EUC photos from around New Zealand (as I'm able).

And while I probably can't organise a Tiger Moth, if anyone is visiting New Zealand (particularly Wellington) let me know and we can try to arrange an EUC expedition...

Eucing in New Zealand would just be so good!
Was in Wellington though a couple of years ago for a couple of days & I did nothing but sneeze from the moment I got there. I'd only ever had hayfever that bad once before & I vowed never to go to Welly ever again!

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Got mine from IPS via amazon. Have a check amazon shows it for your region. Probably the safest route maybe.....

My rule of thumb is 3 for 2 = GO; if the product without waranty is 1/3 cheaper with waranty, that means I can buy 3 instead of 2.

I use this rule for everything, and I've saved a lot of money  this way because stuff doesn't break down that often during the waranty period.

If it does break down, i only start to loose money when the repair costs more than 1/3 of the price with waranty.

Really, this is a no brainer for reputed brands and established product types.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Lefteros (SomniusX) said:

Where exactly is that "Runrui", maybe a link to it?

Thank you !

That is a "who" question more than a "where" - though I suppose Runrui must actually be somewhere...

runrui.meng@iamips.com

Runrui is an extremely helpful contact at IPS.

20 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That is a "who" question more than a "where" - though I suppose Runrui must actually be somewhere...

runrui.meng@iamips.com

Runrui is an extremely helpful contact at IPS.

Oh now i get it, thank you ! uo0PBEm.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived