What have you been called?

Tyred

Today I took my NBO E+ for the first time to work. A colleague of mine called me Roboduck.
For those of you that don't get the reference, he's a character from Ducktales.

Had to laugh, loved the comparison. 
Any similar stories? 

Roboduck_(_ducktales_).jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Eh, as a 41-year.old guy who still likes playing with RC cars (albeit pretty large and high-powered ones) I am used to hearing the occasional derogatory remark ...

Ah, you are one of those! :D So the risk of a battery fire is nothing new and you are familiar with a lipo sack!

Took the Lhotz into Kensington gardens yesterday, went into the private grounds of the museum.

Had some sweet nervous old man approach me and say: "er....I....I don't know what that is, but we don't usually allow remote control cars in the museum grounds. Can you take it to the main footpath?" Bless him.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2015-12-31 at 8:46 AM, esaj said:

A coworker of mine once referenced the B.C. -comic after I showed a couple of people riding the wheel inside our office:

wheel_guy.jpg

Cool picture!
BC has been a favorite comic strip and I always liked Thor riding his wheel.

Broome County Transit, home of the strip's creator Johnny Hart uses Thor as their logo.
from the BC Transit wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broome_County_Transit

220px-BC_Transit_logo_on_bus.jpg

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Cloud said:

As i was passing by a guy on the street playing music he called me an "attention whore". 

Translation: "I'm upset because people are busy looking at that guy instead of giving me money I haven't particularly earnt."

Ride on my friend. 

Ps. Being an attention whore is awesome. We took the time, blood (sometimes literally) and guts to master these things. We've earnt it ?

Edited by Paddylaz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Translation: "I'm upset because people are busy looking at that guy instead of giving me money I haven't particularly earnt."

Ride on my friend. 

Ps. Being an attention whore is awesome. We took the time, blood (sometimes literally) and guts to master these things. We've earnt it ?

I love the way you said that, man!

edit: also love the picture of that lhotz - how do you like it? I am somewhat tempted to get one

Edited by Cloud
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Iove the picture of that lhotz - how do you like it? I am somewhat tempted to get one

Yeah the Lhotz is wonderful. That thick tyre makes it very solid feeling and extremely stable at slow speeds. So much so that when you go back to a Ninebot after a while you suddenly feel uncertain and shakey. 

Only downside is the beeping. I love my speed......but although the Lhotz can do 30km/h, the beeping from 22 onwards is so loud and 'frantic' sounding that out of sheer embarrassment and/or irritation I rarely exceed it. 

Other than that, the perfect wheel. I love the black/red motif but it's also available in a white.

Edited by Paddylaz
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Yeah the Lhotz is wonderful. That thick tyre makes it very solid feeling and extremely stable at slow speeds. So much so that when you go back to a Ninebot after a while you suddenly feel uncertain and shakey. 

Only downside is the beeping. I love my speed......but although the Lhotz can do 30km/h, the beeping from 22 onwards is so loud and 'frantic' sounding that out of sheer embarrassment and/or irritation I rarely exceed it. 

Other than that, the perfect wheel. I love the black/red motif but it's also available in a white.

There is no way to override/ adjust  the speed warnings?

14 minutes ago, Cloud said:

There is no way to override/ adjust  the speed warnings?

Not without messing with the internals I assume.....which I have neither the skills or balls to do!

One great thing too about the Lhotz - unlike the Ninebot there's no reduction in power when battery gets low. At 20% you can still hit +22kmh with zero tilt back.

@Paddylaz how so? In freeze I get very strong tilt back already below 15 km/h in steep uphill, and no blinking red appears. On flat haven't felt that yet.

@Cloud You can't apparently get more than 15k with 210 lbs (if I remember right) but You can add one batt pack inside case, maybe some minor mods needed (cut some edges inside, maybe).

Speaker in Lhotz is really small in size and own its on PCB, so perhaps input just gives the speed info and You cold change it with a simple resistor in series. I'm not a fan of those early warnings either, even though frequecy is quite low at app. 22km/h. But the strongest tilt back appears somewhere around 25-27 km/h, so it wouldn't risk anything to mute beeps at 22-25 km/h.

Edited by THA
typo
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, THA said:

@Paddylaz how so? In freeze I get very strong tilt back already below 15 km/h in steep uphill

Yeah I should've said - I meant on flat ground. Steep hills at low power are the ultimate kryptonite and i get that scary long beep that I assume means imminent disaster ?

But compared to a Ninebot, the level ground performance is fantastic at low batt. No tilt back. No 'shaking' as some bot owners report etc

27 minutes ago, THA said:

@Cloud You can't apparently get more than 15k with 210 lbs (if I remember right) but You can add one batt pack inside case, maybe some minor mods needed (cut some edges inside, maybe)

@THA, yes well i am 220 but hope to be 210 in a month :) 

are you saying there is room inside the lhotz to add another 340wh battery? Hiw much room exactly, do you have any pics? If so is anyone doing that? Why isnt IPs providing that option? What do the battery connectors look like?

Also, when does the tiltback start on a full battery? You mentioned 27kph? So with max 30kph i cannot really cruise and 28 or 29 because there will be some level of tiltback?

is there a trolley handle availabke for lhotz or maybe its possible to adapt one? Thank you and sorry for so many questions