126 posts in this topic

"Did you make that?"

"Is that thing electric?"

"What the hell is that?"

"That is so cool!"

"Who is the artist?" In relation to the music coming out of my wheel

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

"Who is the artist?" In relation to the music coming out of my wheel

I always wondered about having a musical wheel... Do you ever just queue up "Flight of the Bumblebee" and blast through the park at full volume? 

"Is that.... a Roomba?" ))))

Thats what people actually asked me when I took it to McD once and didnt want to leave it unattended. So I stood in line with the 9Bot next to me and somebody walks up to me and asks if that is a new roomba type...

It sure is easier to ride it than carry it, right? :lol:

"Your dad rides that thing because he's too lazy to walk"

bet your sweet .... I am :D

4 hours ago, Jag_Rip said:

It sure is easier to ride it than carry it, right? :lol:

Yepp, and it find its way to charging dock after you get home =)

I get WTF's a lot riding by the smokers outside the bars/pubs down the street.  Last couple of times, I said "You should quit drinking if you see a guy magically float by on one wheel".

This is nothing guys. Yesterday a girl kicked me as i was passing her by on the wheel. That was a first for me

Edited by Cloud

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

This is nothing guys. Yesterday a girl kicked me as i was passing her by on the wheel. That was a first for me

WTF? What bloody reason could she possibly have to do that? What happened next??

I haven't had my balance tested by a kicking yet (touch wood).

But I do get told a lot that I must have "really really good balance." Which seems quite odd, now that wheeling comes naturally...

Glad to hear you took the high road.  Good on you.  Those people were jerks, and there's no shortage of them in this world unfortunately.  Someone recently punched me, and I was very angry - enough to get into a fist fight with them.  Luckily the person backed down and retreated as I'm not sure how it would have ended as I was pretty furious. I'm a pretty laid back guy and not violent, but if someone takes a swipe at me I'm full on ready to fight back and defend myself.

11 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Glad to hear you took the high road.  Good on you.  Those people were jerks, and there's no shortage of them in this world unfortunately.  Someone recently punched me, and I was very angry - enough to get into a fist fight with them.  Luckily the person backed down and retreated as I'm not sure how it would have ended as I was pretty furious. I'm a pretty laid back guy and not violent, but if someone takes a swipe at me I'm full on ready to fight back and defend myself.

Thanks. Yes i am like that too, very nice and peacefull but when someone is coming at me for no reason i can get pretty feisty. But it was a girl, she was drunk, her judgement was impaited and it was not personal, so i let it go.  Think we can all set a good example which will be carried over from person to person and it the end, the world will be a better place

"My dog doesn't like those"

After being attacked from a dog without a  leash so I had to stop or crash with the dog.

No apology, no nothing.

Got to love dog owners with their heads in the clouds.

The thing I hate most though is the constant looks, stares, photos, hidden videos which they don't think I see and questions that everybody think they have the right to ask, like I have all the time in the world or want to answer.

It was fun at first (20 times) but at least people can say "Excuse me?" before going on a question spree?

Is it really that strange to ride a EU?

Edited by Xima Lhotz

Yeah same here, it is irritating that people shout a question out to you as you pass without saying excuse me or something, and think you are supposed to stop and give them a full report of whatever they want to know, and once they are done satisfying their momentary burst of curiosity you are supposed to be dismissed as they have no interest in cntinuing to talk. Hate those

21 minutes ago, Xima Lhotz said:

Is it really that strange to ride a EU?

Yes. Yes, it is (still) strange to see someone riding an EU! 

I have just got back from a trip that included Tel Aviv, where almost everyone is zipping about on electric bicycles. But for the (literally) hundreds of these everywhere you look, I only saw one EU. Which I find odd, as the weather and flatness there would make wheeling most enjoyable.

But then it also makes sense... So many people think "inside" the box. Or rather they don't think, they only understand what they already know - so while a bicycle makes sense to the masses, an unicycle doesn't (quite).

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yes. Yes, it is (still) strange to see someone riding an EU! 

I have just got back from a trip that included Tel Aviv, where almost everyone is zipping about on electric bicycles. But for the (literally) hundreds of these everywhere you look, I only saw one EU. Which I find odd, as the weather and flatness there would make wheeling most enjoyable.

But then it also makes sense... So many people think "inside" the box. Or rather they don't think, they only understand what they already know - so while a bicycle makes sense to the masses, an unicycle doesn't (quite).

If I remember right, electric unicycles are not allowed in Israel and it's a big problem to even get one there.