Battery warranty?

bjornhallberg

So, I'm looking for my first EUC and I got hung up on warranty, particularly for the battery pack. I'd be very interested to learn what the veterans here have to say about this. Is it worth making a fuss over? What sort of life span can you expect? Would an extra year of warranty have saved your bacon?

Overall it seems hard to find the perfect unicycle. I was particularly put off by the tinnitus inducing whine that nearly all EUCs seem to have. Also, water protection is a big deal for me. Other than that I'm looking at the KingSong 16A or something similar. Would prefer a model that has lights etc built in so I don't have to tack on any extra equipment.

6 minutes ago, bjornhallberg said:

So, I'm looking for my first EUC and I got hung up on warranty, particularly for the battery pack. I'd be very interested to learn what the veterans here have to say about this. Is it worth making a fuss over? What sort of life span can you expect? Would an extra year of warranty have saved your bacon?

Overall it seems hard to find the perfect unicycle. I was particularly put off by the tinnitus inducing whine that nearly all EUCs seem to have. Also, water protection is a big deal for me. Other than that I'm looking at the KingSong 16A or something similar. Would prefer a model that has lights etc built in so I don't have to tack on any extra equipment.

Well, if you are talking battery life and associated warranty , i dont believe any manufacturer will replace a battery for you just because the battery life has decreased over time. Gotta run, ttyl

Battery condition and longevity depends so much on how you treat them that warranties would be very difficult.

You could wreck a battery within days of receiving it if you ran it right down and left it connected and uncharged.

All mine are working fine after up to 18 months on my oldest but I try not to leave them in either a fully charged or low charge state for any significant time. My rule after a long ride is to charge them up and then play on them for a while to take them back down about 10% before leaving them.

Right, so perhaps I'm overthinking battery life. From what I've gathered so far in this forum, there seems to be more people having issues with the control board and cooling and whatnot than the actual batteries anyway.

Now, to decide on an actual model ...

Archived