MCM4 Alarm settings

8 hours ago, jbwheel said:

Has anybody heard of an unexpected shut off of the MCM4 V1 680Wh ?

check the thread above, there were many more reports of similar shutdowns in the fall 2015. initially i thought that these issues were only fixed in the mcm4 hs version, but since there were no similar facelant reports in the past months, perhaps gotway fixed the regular version too?

maybe @Linneaunicycles can confirm if the regular mcm4 version has been updated in 2016?

I checked only the first 6 on 17 pages but did not find another case. So far I have done 520km (mostly 2x5,5 km on working day, sometime 20km/day) driving most of the time around 22km/h, (average speed over 18km/h in urban area) and hopefully no shutdown...

8 hours ago, Tomek said:

check the thread above, there were many more reports of similar shutdowns in the fall 2015. initially i thought that these issues were only fixed in the mcm4 hs version, but since there were no similar facelant reports in the past months, perhaps gotway fixed the regular version too?

maybe @Linneaunicycles can confirm if the regular mcm4 version has been updated in 2016?

Hi, MCM4 normal version shut off unexpected as riders try to speed up sharply, at this moment the battery can not supply fluently current, so it shut off. In another case is that riders try to reach the max speed, when it get the top of the max point, it shut off. But before it reach the max speed, it will have alarm. HS version is better with shut off problem because the better battery system for HS version and it is more rooms for riders to get the max speed. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

Hi, MCM4 normal version shut off unexpected as riders try to speed up sharply, at this moment the battery can not supply fluently current, so it shut off.

HS version is better with shut off problem because the better battery system for HS version

Is it a problem for MCM4 with 680Wh batteries ? Do you mean there has been a change in the HS battery BMS ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 April 2016 at 1:38 PM, jbwheel said:

Has anybody heard of an unexpected shut off of the MCM4 V1 680Wh ?

btw. same problems here with being unable to turn off beeps at ca. 25km/h app speed on MCM4HS (iOS)

The problem it's no update with the IOS Version, I've to use my mother in law phone to Stop the Tillt Back with my MCM4... The other thing I don't understand is if they released the modified versions on  android why they do not update on AppStore @Linnea Lin Gotway.

• 3 weeks later...

On April 20, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

Hi, MCM4 normal version shut off unexpected as riders try to speed up sharply, at this moment the battery can not supply fluently current, so it shut off. In another case is that riders try to reach the max speed, when it get the top of the max point, it shut off. But before it reach the max speed, it will have alarm. HS version is better with shut off problem because the better battery system for HS version and it is more rooms for riders to get the max speed. Thanks!

Mine is bought 09 May 2016, MCM4 680KWh HS version.   I have only an iPhone6S.

I turned off 1st alarm, and what I can do is setting tilt-back speed to max which is 24km/h.

There is no menu disabling tilt-back.

I heard 1 beep, double beeps, triple beeps around 25-26km/h based on speedometer on iOS app.( 22km/h on GPS app.)

If I turned off all alarms and set tilt-back speed to max as having no turn-off menu, am I going to hear the alarm around 32 km/h without foot-step tilted up as Linnea stated? ( Mine is HS version bought recently.)

when I reached  around 26-28 km/h based on the speedometer of iOS app, I felt no the foot-step tilted up. (owing to HS version?)

I am confused at controlling Gotway app now.   Please help me!!!

(What I can see on my iOS app is as attached picture below.  no disabling menu for tilt up foot step)

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

Thanks for the tip, but it is not easy to find Android phones around me.  All my relatives and friends are using iPhone only.

I had tried to find anyone having Android phone around me during several weeks but none had it.

18 hours ago, Belly laughing said:

Thanks for the tip, but it is not easy to find Android phones around me.  All my relatives and friends are using iPhone only.

I had tried to find anyone having Android phone around me during several weeks but none had it.

Can you buy one in a store and then return? 

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Pasi said:

In my post 14th April you can see my android menu. I can not disable tilt back too?

you need to get  @mich, app (ling somewhere on euc, modified app), it is easier to use

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a gotway mcm4 v2 normal version (not HS), and it does shutoff around 30km/h IF I accelerate fast near from 24 to 30 for example, if I go slowly up to 30km/h it doesn't shutoff but there is continuous beeping.

So the fix is only for the HS version I think.

• 1 year later...

This is my first post on the forum, so let me say: Hello everybody!

I recently bought the MCM4 HS 680Wh (19.06), learning how to ride and mount quite confidently took around 6 hours, so it is becoming the real pleasure to ride through Krakow on my EUC. This thing is really amazing!

But, to the point.

I'm using the iOS app from Gotway (V2.3.1). From the app setting i can choose the tiltback up to 48km/h (of course i know the MCM cannot go that fast), but when i try to set it around 30km/h it seems that still the tiltback activates around 20-21 km/h and the pedals are 'lifted' till i really slow down. This is not so comfortable to maintain the speed around ~24km/h while the tilt-back is 'pushing' me back constantly.

How to change the tiltback speed to e.g. 30 or 33 km/h?

1 hour ago, pablo said:

This is my first post on the forum, so let me say: Hello everybody!

I recently bought the MCM4 HS 680Wh (19.06), learning how to ride and mount quite confidently took around 6 hours, so it is becoming the real pleasure to ride through Krakow on my EUC. This thing is really amazing!

But, to the point.

I'm using the iOS app from Gotway (V2.3.1). From the app setting i can choose the tiltback up to 48km/h (of course i know the MCM cannot go that fast), but when i try to set it around 30km/h it seems that still the tiltback activates around 20-21 km/h and the pedals are 'lifted' till i really slow down. This is not so comfortable to maintain the speed around ~24km/h while the tilt-back is 'pushing' me back constantly.

How to change the tiltback speed to e.g. 30 or 33 km/h?

The Gotway apps seem inconsistent at times. Make sure the app us updated, otherwise I would recommend just grabbing the de.sport one. It works well for the MCM4.

• 2 months later...

I am using the electro-sport.de app for my Gotway MCM V3. I could disable first and second alarm. The app gives a "successfull" message and the wheel gives a short beep as confirmation. Not the most intuitive user interface, but ok.

Lastly the alarms came back in. I have no idea why. Now I cannot disable them. App just says success, but wheel does not beep.

The other functions are working fine, the app shows the speed, the overall km, and wheel works fine. But with the annoying first and second alarm beeps.

Any idea?
I am considering to open it, disconnect battery to get a reset. Maybe that helps?

I opened the side covers of my MCM and investigated the connections. Battery connection is secured to not open unintentionally. So I could not detach the battery. But strangely it now works again. MCM gives beeps as feedback, so everything fine. Very strange behavior.

20170907_172844 (1).jpg

Archived