fubar925

Uniwheel Gadget show

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If Siemens was involved, no wonder they failed;)

In all seriousness, the video shows the wheel is really light and narrow, but who wants a slow wheel that can go 10km max? Maybe they just realized nobody would have bought the thing (question is, why no stronger wheel). Seems they also overdesigned the shell. Who needs elaborate software for that, look at the simple shells Gotway gets away with, these are actually superior. I don't understand why other manufacturers go for these complicated designs.

It would be really sad if this was a patent issue. Is Jason Chen hardline about competitors? Or did you think of some other, unrelated patent (troll)?

To be honest, I think I've cracked why they are so evasive on the forum and seemingly don't care about updating here: they were aiming for the big time and failed.

They didn't care about the forum because they THOUGHT they had found a niche: a product that they could market in the UK (far away from asia) as something 'new' that they had created because they thought (correctly) that outside the forum very little of the public knew about them. It was an opportunistic marketing window.

That explains why they took it to random events like the London Motoring Show and GSL, whilst simultaneously showing the forum lukewarm ('lukewarm' is a generous term) attention because they wanted to market it as some sort of new creation to seduce the UK public with.

Anyway, theyve failed spectacularly due to what i assume is a cocktail of incompetence and arrogance. Imagine being arrogant enough to not bother updating an interested (albeit small) group of people desperate to give you their money!!

Edited by Paddylaz

Haha I didn't know they were so low regarded here:D

Interesting theory, sounds more realistic than actual product problems (otherwise, why not go on with other wheel models if you've already done the hard work).

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha I didn't know they were so low regarded here:D

Interesting theory, sounds more realistic than actual product problems (otherwise, why not go on with other wheel models if you've already done the hard work).

They werent at first.....

The prototype looked fantastic and initially people were excited (noone more so than me!). This was back before really slick wheels like the inmotion and new generation king songs appeared......so people on the forum were enamoured by it. Despite the low top speed.

Their arrogance though. One of them once wrote a post - in reply to a forum member complaining about the lack of updates - saying 'we're busy and you know the forum is not the only medium where we operate.' 

Really? Well then you're idiots. This forum is the main hub on the entire f****** internet where discussion of these ludicrously niche products THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL US takes place. Here should be your concern 🙄

Edited by Paddylaz