fubar925

Uniwheel Gadget show

32 posts in this topic

Haha I didn't know they were so low regarded here:D

Interesting theory, sounds more realistic than actual product problems (otherwise, why not go on with other wheel models if you've already done the hard work).

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha I didn't know they were so low regarded here:D

Interesting theory, sounds more realistic than actual product problems (otherwise, why not go on with other wheel models if you've already done the hard work).

They werent at first.....

The prototype looked fantastic and initially people were excited (noone more so than me!). This was back before really slick wheels like the inmotion and new generation king songs appeared......so people on the forum were enamoured by it. Despite the low top speed.

Their arrogance though. One of them once wrote a post - in reply to a forum member complaining about the lack of updates - saying 'we're busy and you know the forum is not the only medium where we operate.' 

Really? Well then you're idiots. This forum is the main hub on the entire f****** internet where discussion of these ludicrously niche products THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL US takes place. Here should be your concern 🙄

Edited by Paddylaz

16 hours ago, Jurgen said:

Trying mass-marketing of a new niche product like an EUC (high price, steep learning curve, potential safety issues, etc) without the full and unwavering support of the innovators to win over the rest of the client chain, is a bit like starting up a public marketing campaign for condoms in Vatican City without the sanction of the Pope.

Not sure who you're referring to as "innovators". If you mean the production chain members who deliver unique battery, motor components that haven't been seen in a EUC tech before - I can agree with you. None of what Uniwheel has presented so far couldn't be done without innovators. 

If by that word you mean "early adopters", I can safely agree to disagree.

This forum is less of a glorified early adopter lair some think it is (*wink wink* @Paddylaz). That also goes for "Pope in Vatican City". I had a unique chap who came to my London office one day with a set of DIY, custom, fully functional suspension on his IPS that he designed in the garage. This is an innovator type. Now, when an enthusiast comes over to discuss the new models of Kingsong or Inmotion units, bringing valuable thoughts to the table, I love that, too. But this cannot be realistically useful for any of the R&D/manufacturing affairs, as 99% of what that person brings to the table has already been discovered and defined throughout the early stages of development. This is an early stage customer type. 

Not to sound empty and bland, I strongly believe that the feedback on the first generation of Uniwheel was gathered, processed and decided upon. Not sure how would that affect the yet to be released item, but knowing the guys I am certain the outcome is balanced and justified. For one, I think the biggest chunk of feedback was already considered and acted upon by the team - too many marketeers within the team turned into next to none, which explains the lack of comms. 

21 hours ago, vladmarks said:

Not sure how would that affect the yet to be released item, but knowing the guys I am certain the outcome is balanced and justified

And when it is finally launched in 2020 it is going to be THE epic definitive must have wheel.

I can't wait - no literally I cannot wait 😏

Still, ..., every now and then, I check here for news on this wheel. 
Disappointed again.

On 7-6-2017 at 1:29 PM, Keith said:

And when it is finally launched in 2020 it is going to be THE epic definitive must have wheel.

2020 ... lol, I am starting to think that it will not launch ever. Which is a pity :(