Any news about a coming GT16?

sbouju

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I have to say I really like the sound of this wheel. I wonder when it's going to be sold. MUST. NOT. BUY. ANOTHER. WHEEL  :shock2:

might be my next wheel depending on battery capacity and build quality...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, swvision said:

might be my next wheel depending on battery capacity and build quality...

Looks like it may be the first competition for the ACM. The 84v ACM easily goes 25 - don't ask me how I know ;-)   So speed won't be my motivation, but supposedly it has a 2000w motor so it might be the best hill climber yet. 

Marty, did you see the part of the GT16 video where it accelerated real fast past the bicycle on the bike lane? I've never tried the 84v ACM but the rockwheel looks like it might have more torque. It might also be because it weighs less since it has less batteries. I dont know. It just looks fast. We wont know until we get some in the US. :) 

11 minutes ago, swvision said:

Marty, did you see the part of the GT16 video where it accelerated real fast past the bicycle on the bike lane? I've never tried the 84v ACM but the rockwheel looks like it might have more torque. It might also be because it weighs less since it has less batteries. I dont know. It just looks fast. We wont know until we get some in the US. :) 

I agree, looks really fast. The ACM is an amazing accelerator too though. We're just going to have to wait until you buy one ;)

Rockwheel was briefly a name 2 years ago and then appeared dead in the water. So if it wants to compete again, it better have some honest specs and not bloated ones. Is it a mom and pop company? Do they have customer service at all? Is there a rep on this forum to talk? Do they even have a proper website like say Solowheel? What are they trying to differentiate?  For example, KingSong entered the market with removable batteries. Ninebot came with a revolutionary design. InMotion with innovative features. So what does this new wheel does better?

BTW the wheel looks "muscular" to me. Hope it delivers that.

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

MUST. NOT. BUY. ANOTHER. WHEEL  :shock2:

Thank you for reminding me Marty!:)  Aliexpress appears to be selling the wheel.

PSlGa7H.png

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thank you for reminding me Marty!:)  Aliexpress appears to be selling the wheel.

PSlGa7H.png

But among all of the broken English and questionable facts (500 watt motor - really?) is that it's still not shipping - they still have an "expected ship date of December". For that battery size the price is pretty good.

If you're accustomed to AliExpress/TaoBao type sites, you take it with a grain of salt that the description is up to date and the specs are consistent ? (as most copy each other, then set-and-forget)

French Esprit Roue forum feedback and price was too good for me to pass up, will be reporting back when I get my GT16 in approx 3 weeks~

And FWIW, ALL EUC companies are basically mom & pops, except for Segway / Ninebot, a subsidiary of the XiaoMi conglomerate, the only parent EUC company to be traded on any market.

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I agree, looks really fast. The ACM is an amazing accelerator too though. We're just going to have to wait until you buy one ;)

My ACM 1600 Mh was suppose to have shipped today so I am looking forward to experiencing the speed and acceleration first hand!

2 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Wondering if that video really showcased RockWheel GT16. I didn't see it anywhere. Am I missing something?

Your not missing a thing! I do not see the GT showcased in the video either! Also do red lights mean GO?

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My ACM 1600 Mh was suppose to have shipped today so I am looking forward to experiencing the speed and acceleration first hand!

I look forward to hearing your verdict on the ACM. The acceleration can be very addicting :shock2:

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I look forward to hearing your verdict on the ACM. The acceleration can be very addicting :shock2:

I will be transitioning from the V5F+ and V8. Any handling or sensory idiosyncrasies that I should be aware of.....or should I just jump on and ride?

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I will be transitioning from the V5F+ and V8. Any handling or sensory idiosyncrasies that I should be aware of.....or should I just jump on and ride?

I have ridden a V8. The ACM will feel more grounded/heavy and less twitchy than the V8. So it might feel easier to ride, except you may fall off the back if you accelerate too hard ;)

On 1/20/2017 at 5:41 PM, smallexis said:

2 sample of GT16 are now at urban360 shop for testing. There are some pictures at https://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/topic/1591-rockwheel-gt16-un-retour-en-force/&do=findComment&comment=31141

IMG_0039.JPG

Official delivery in France is forseen for the begining of March...

I love this paint job! I hope more EUC companies start offering colors like this!

14 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Are you selling your V5F+? Too bad my new V5F+ is on the way by this Friday.

20 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Wondering if that video really showcased RockWheel GT16. I didn't see it anywhere. Am I missing something?

You missed nothing?. And im the owner of that GT16. I added a gopro cam on the wheel and ran a few videos.It's a great wheel with amazing specs and very impressed riding feels, but it is not a finished one- at least in my opinion. 

Too many details need to be redone such as headlight(light up nothing), mudguard(blocks only 80% and my bag is full of mud dots?), buzzer(too small to hear it even ive pushed over 45kmph)… 

Hope you guys will get the perfect one soon.

P.S: my video has shown some negative examples.RED means STOP but i followed the crosswalk lights...?

On 29.01.2017 at 8:39 PM, djerr said:

I will relay information from the french forum for the benefit of all. Original thread here

The wheel is under demo and test @ 3 paris shop and feedback from wheelers are very positive when it comes to the use and sensations while riding. Powerful, compact, surprisingly "small" (despite it is a 16", it looks like a 14"), nevertheless a store dismantled the wheel and here is their feedback :

- Very difficult to open the wheel (a disadvantage in case of necessary maintenance)

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

Most important defects noticed (see original thread for more info) :

- Pads needs to be removed to open. pads are bonded with glue. need to use a cutter to remove them....

- To access mother board and disconnect the connectors, small plexiglass part needs to be broken

- Opening on the side are probably a dust trap and some isolated cables are visible

- Some part are bonded with silicon

- The mud protector is not easy to open/retract and scrubs against the tire

- pedals extremely slippery - to modify - a must

On the electronic part of the wheel, further analysis are necessary, but quality seems to be there. 

Double charge port is awsome

Power of the wheel is incredible, algorythm excellent, but a wheel is not only that but also reliability, safeties and a minimum of clever design for the maintenance.

They conclude that as such they will not commercialize the wheel because some parts needs to be compulsory changed and some redesigned to ease the potential repairs and maintenance wich is today so complex that they do not want to take the risk to sell it.

Again, original thread (in french) here

Modifié vendredi à 21:32 par Urban360

Can anybody remove the control board

1) What is the weight of the GT16?

2) Will it have an integrated trolley bar? Doesn't look that way, but if the wheel is remodeled, they should definitely include it. 

3) What about the rumored foothold suspension? That could be the greatest innovation of 2017

This actually looks pretty good in my uneducated opinion. The mainboard looks good, Nichicon is a big name in capacitor manufacturers, and the mosfets seem to be TO-247 -packaged instead of the typical TO-220. Those things can get away with much more power dissipation without being destroyed due to being much larger, although also more expensive:

0521infineon.jpg

They seem to be bolted directly to a hefty heatsink, probably larger (mass/thermal capacity -wise) than anything so far, and apparently the heat sink fins are exposed to fresh air underneath?

On 2/10/2017 at 6:49 AM, esaj said:

This actually looks pretty good in my uneducated opinion. The mainboard looks good, Nichicon is a big name in capacitor manufacturers, and the mosfets seem to be TO-247 -packaged instead of the typical TO-220.

They're IRFP4110 in to-247? 3.7 mohm and 120A limit due to wirebonding in package. Heat could be halved or more by using better mosfets lol.

Archived