Any news about a coming GT16?

sbouju

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently only a rendering. Do they've the money for a new development?
Function follows design?
Tyre pressure becomes a lifetime feature? No way to check pressure any more?
Don't ride on a wet road or you look strange.

For specs little information except that the batteries spend in 100v instead of the usual 60V with 96 18650 cells. this would 3.7vx x 96 = 2900mA 1030wh.

That sounds interesting... wonder if it's faster then?

1 hour ago, esaj said:

For specs little information except that the batteries spend in 100v instead of the usual 60V with 96 18650 cells. this would 3.7vx x 96 = 2900mA 1030wh.

That sounds interesting... wonder if it's faster then?

Certainly more dangerous! To get 96 cells it seems like the pack would be 24s4p which would be 100.8v at full charge. That gives them a lot of ways to fit each sub-pack of 24 on either side of the pedal posts, either 6x4, 3x8, or 2x12. They may have even widened the shell enough to fit 18650 cells "on end" in the packs.

• 3 months later...

http://monocycle-electrique.com/shop/home/59-rockwheel-gt16-pre-commande-.html

electric wheel ROCKWHEEL inch GT16 680 wh? 60 V

maximum speed advertised by the manufacturer: 45 km / h

Limited speed via the French application: 30 km / h

Autonomy announced by the manufacturer: 40 km

real autonomy in town for 80kg: 35 km

Wheels: 16 inches

Charging time: 4h

Maximum load: 120 kg

Motor power: Nominal: 2000W / Peak: 3000W

Lithium: 680 wh

Maximum inclination: 20 °

Net Weight: 15 kg

Product certified "CE electric self-balancing unicycle"

24 month warranty (battery 6 months)

Bluetooth

Headlight and taillight stop

1 hour ago, Euc-rider said:

Omg 2000w nominal?

I don't trust this figures. 60 V? Really? All the manufacturers should show how much power they provide for balancing and how much for driving? Also a power graph as a proof would be nice. 

Do Rockwheel has a main board/ a battery managing this power output? Cooling of the main board?

This business drifts away in the wrong direction. 

I was just wondering whether Rockwheel went the way of the dinosaurs, but it's nice to see them bring out a new product!  I am in love:wub: with that shell design.  That thing is a work of beauty!  Holy crap it looks like it could turn into a Transformer... called Rockwheelbot...

Transformers.gif

Look who's bringin' sexy back!

rockwheel-gt16-pre-commande-.jpg

rockwheel-gt16-pre-commande-.jpg

It looks like they have dropped their problematic and noisy geared motor design for the more conventional electric motor... and is that small silver part venting for the control board?

Can't help staring at that glossy red finish... sooo nice :wub:  That design is Megan Fox approved!

Megan-Fox-fan-art-megan-fox-38598455-403

I wonder if someone at Rockwheel was reading this thread and got inspired?

OMG the little emblem lights up?  That's a nice touch.  I hope the specifications live up to the unique exterior design... that looks awesome!  What's the pricing on these, and where can you buy one?  I do wish that handle could extend up like on the KS16 to act as a trolley handle... and have a temporary wheel pause switch like on the InMotion V5F+.

Well it's been pretty quiet in the Rockwell forums for quite some time so you never know - maybe they have been monitoring the threads here to see what's been working and what hasn't as well as trying to incorporate improvements in their wheels.  A smart company that is able to reinvent itself in response to dwindling market share doesn't follow others but is willing to take some departures.  It may be be a leap of faith basing this on how much effort they apparently have spent towards the casing design, but I hope the innards exceed expectations!  This may be the wheel you're looking for...

Give them some credit - they did have one of the fastest wheels with pretty good climbing ability for a while there.  Unfortunately reliability was an issue with the geared motor I hear.  If this new wheel is a sign of things to come, I hope RW gets back into the game...

On 7/11/2016 at 4:52 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Well it's been pretty quiet in the Rockwell forums for quite some time so you never know - maybe they have been monitoring the threads here to see what's been working and what hasn't as well as trying to incorporate improvements in their wheels.  A smart company that is able to reinvent itself in response to dwindling market share doesn't follow others but is willing to take some departures.  It may be be a leap of faith basing this on how much effort they apparently have spent towards the casing design, but I hope the innards exceed expectations!  This may be the wheel you're looking for...

Give them some credit - they did have one of the fastest wheels with pretty good climbing ability for a while there.  Unfortunately reliability was an issue with the geared motor I hear.  If this new wheel is a sign of things to come, I hope RW gets back into the game...

This reminds me of my motocross days, when the big companies were fighting it out. I really miss Maico, Carabella, Hodaka, Bultaco, and a few others,like the pursang.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I wonder what the 10 km speed boost is about.

Reading the text, it would seem that they mean that the 80V battery version goes about 10km/h faster at maximum than 60V (which would make sense, as higher voltage = higher max RPM of the motor).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That 60 KPH lift speed no load test looks interesting.  It's too bad they didn't incorporate a rear fender which is especially important on a fast moving wheel travelling through puddles/mud/etc.  I wonder what the rated top safe speed will be for someone 170-200 pounds in weight.

Archived