Inmotion V3 twin wheel

Douglas Ingram

Tried to get my wife to ride my X8 when I upgraded to a NB1E and she completely stacked it hard and said she'd never try it again.

After doing some research , I surprised her with a yellow Inmotion V3 twin wheeler.

The quality is unbelievable , sleek, with great features including a suit case style, handle to wheel it along and not carry, and also on board speaker that are quite good sounding.

It also speaks to you, says hello when turning on, warns you of over speeding, among other things. The voice is very clear.

Has a front and back light, which alternate in colour, so the front is white, but for backwards it turns red.

The ride is somewhat different to a single wheel, sloping surfaces does require a differ approach to ride on, but you soon get to grips with it.

Loads of power, and a silky smooth ride with little sound.

All in all the is a classy wheel, looks as good as a NB1E , and very simple to ride.

Anyone who's trying to get there partners to ride with them should look at buying one of these.

I ordered mine from electricunicyclesonline.com and it arrived in the UK in under 10 days and no import duty

All in all, were very happy and we're now riding around as a family.

9 out of 10.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok CampGarth, so the range isn't great, but then you wouldn't buy a wheel with speakers either to commute to work either.

My review and opinion is about the quality of the item, and how easy it's to use. And the fact the wife can join in. And if anyone else is trying to get their partners to ride a wheel, then this twin wheel is really worth the money.

To be honest, I fairly sure once she's riding this wheel like a pro, I fully expecting her to be able to ride the NB1E which means I'll be upgrading to the NB1E+.

Ok CampGarth, so the range isn't great, but then you wouldn't buy a wheel with speakers either to commute to work either.

My review and opinion is about the quality of the item, and how easy it's to use. And the fact the wife can join in. And if anyone else is trying to get their partners to ride a wheel, then this twin wheel is really worth the money.

To be honest, I fairly sure once she's riding this wheel like a pro, I fully expecting her to be able to ride the NB1E which means I'll be upgrading to the NB1E+.

Anyway, for now we're happy with our latest wheel.

Mmm, wasn't a slight against the review, just felt that specs and ideal purpose for the wheel would be useful for completeness (after all you wouldn't review a phone without mentioning size, weight, cost, category otherwise people wanting a £10 Nokia end up with £500 Samsungs and vice versa)

I still love my Nokia 8910 which still works.

I see your point totally , but I thought this section was for first impressions and reviews and not about its spec. If anyone was thinking of buying a Inmotion the surely would have researched it to the max.

I was just trying to give my thoughts on our purchase and the fact my wife has now the ability to ride around with me easily.

So the battery is a little last year, and it's only got 14" wheels, I agree, but my post is about how smart it looks, how smooth it is etc and for us it's great price for what your getting.

At the end of the day, I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has on distances, speeds, etc.

Thank you Douglas, I am interested by the Inmotion for exactly the same reason as you : to get my wife on wheel, she is still riding on my X3 clone with the learning wheels, so I would have her to speed up a little bit next to my Firewheel.

How about the speeds warnings on the V3, by sound, pedal incline... at which speeds ?

What is the battery voltage ? I know that the NB1 has a special charger connector, NOT compatible with most wheels but from what I see, the V3 charging system is worse (compatibility wise), do you confirm ?

Are the wheel's tyres compatible with other common 14" wheels (normally, it should be 14"x125, a commonly available tyre).

And then, there is the matter of dust and water insulation. I presume it's well designed on the V3, do you have an idea how to dismount it (to change tyres, batteries...) ?

I presume that with 2 wheels, there is more friction and a decrease in range. How many km can you ride until the battery is empty ?

Are you satisfied with electricunicyclesonline.com ? Their prices are really good and they have a lot of brands and models but their website is awfull and it's so unprofessionnal that I'm afraid to deal with them. What was your freight cost ? They only offer DHL to France and I know that with DHL, there is no chance I will avoid VAT so it's no so advantageous after all.

Hello Hobby 16.

Ok I'll attempt to answer every thing in order if I can.

The warnings are with the standard pedals tilting but there is also a " er er er " sound followed by a ladies clear voice saying " warning over speed " this is standard but you can record your own which is brilliant. I've changed ours to say " warning, face plant warning". The speed is total changeable using the app too. Our is coming in around 11 mph.

The charger is like my airwheel but with a USB plug which is solid.

Cannot really answer the tyre question but the tyres are Inmotion branded and are a lot skinner than my Ninebot one.

Not sure how to take it apart.

Electric unicycles online were excellent. Shop across the globe by DHL, buy delivers by our post office recorded delivery, and I Paid no tax. I would recommend, I also think it's owned by an American. I will be ordering from them again.

As for distance the batteries are still bedding in but I'd say easy 10 miles. But it's so easy to ride and the app has loads of features.

Hope this helps.

she is still riding on my X3 clone with the learning wheels, so I would have her to speed up a little bit next to my Firewheel.

So you are looking for a second wife then?  :P

BTW, the Firewheel people say my replacement parts will be here in less than a week.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we've been out for around 3 hours in total, with this wheel. At first I thought she'd never manage to on it, wobbling and throwing arms around but after about 30 minutes we progressed. 

Slowly we've made progress, and now she can go forward, still throws her bum out backwards instead of leaning or tipping forward, but movement all the same. 

So anyone wanting to get there partner riding alone with them should really look into buying one of these. 

• 3 weeks later...

Double wheel EUs are easy to learn to drive, but they're focused on street use. If you drive urban/ forrest roads/ trails you'll suddenly realize the disadvantage of having a paired wheel. It's not stable to ride in offroad conditions. A battery capacity lower than 200 Wh will be very limiting for most people. I saw one Inmotion rider failing with an empty battery in front of a big audience. Because of the noises he didn't realized low battery warning :(

Double wheel EUs are easy to learn to drive, but they're focused on street use. If you drive urban/ forrest roads/ trails you'll suddenly realize the disadvantage of having a paired wheel. It's not stable to ride in offroad conditions. A battery capacity lower than 200 Wh will be very limiting for most people. I saw one Inmotion rider failing with an empty battery in front of a big audience. Because of the noises he didn't realized low battery warning :(

You say about the noise, I'm totally amazed they couldn't hear the warning. My wife's is so loud when it's giving any warning including low battery. In fact it makes me smile hearing her inmotion shout " warning battery low please charge". 

• 3 months later...

Well, you did better than me, I have 340 wh battery and only do 15 km and top speed 15 km/m and it tilts and constant beeps before that, and no adjustments.... Why I dislike Airwheels.... Why they have 800 watt motor is beyond me....

I rode my Inmotion V3 the other day for 9.3 miles.  I measured it by tracing the route afterwards on Google maps.

What is that in kilometers, 15km?  Strange that it is a round number in km.  I was riding slow I assume 7mph or so - sightseeing.  I also estimate it may still have had 1/3rd left in battery charge - if true that is around 15 miles total range in best conditions.  I would never run it out dead though.  My thinking is if you're not pushing the battery it will have longer range - this is true of an ev car driving at max speed it will have less range - let's say 80mph versus driving much slower at 40mph (although for a car, air resistance is a big factor at high speeds).

Also on this ride I was on side-walk type of path (what is sidewalk, is that cement?)  It's very smooth.  (My thinking also - if riding on grass, range is reduced by a lot maybe 50% and riding off-road is worse, range could be reduced to 33% (one third of range in this case could be 5 miles(?)))

One more thought - I generally don't have trouble riding the Inmotion V3 off-road on a dirt path, just not fast - also the real issue is stuff gets inside like twigs or actually pine needles - they get inside and have trouble getting out.  And dirt too gets inside and falls out later.  If not for this I'd ride it off road more (or off-sidewalk).

sidewalk is smooth but not as smooth as indoor cement floors, yes?

Tried to get my wife to ride my X8 when I upgraded to a NB1E and she completely stacked it hard and said she'd never try it again.

After doing some research , I surprised her with a yellow Inmotion V3 twin wheeler.

The quality is unbelievable , sleek, with great features including a suit case style, handle to wheel it along and not carry, and also on board speaker that are quite good sounding.

It also speaks to you, says hello when turning on, warns you of over speeding, among other things. The voice is very clear.

Has a front and back light, which alternate in colour, so the front is white, but for backwards it turns red.

The ride is somewhat different to a single wheel, sloping surfaces does require a differ approach to ride on, but you soon get to grips with it.

Loads of power, and a silky smooth ride with little sound.

All in all the is a classy wheel, looks as good as a NB1E , and very simple to ride.

Anyone who's trying to get there partners to ride with them should look at buying one of these.

I ordered mine from electricunicyclesonline.com and it arrived in the UK in under 10 days and no import duty

All in all, were very happy and we're now riding around as a family.

9 out of 10.

are you still riding these wheels? I hear they have ban these things due to some stupid law implemented in 1835?

You could counter that it's "one wheel" with two tires.  XD

I rode the Inmotion for 9 miles again on Friday.  I end up with 2 battery bars left after using 4 of the 6 bars and so the range is roughly consistent.  It can be used for commuting I think, especially if you can plug it in the office.

Everyone would probably agree that two tires is harder to ride but because of that it is also fun.  I am also of the opinion my single wheel riding is improving because of it.  There is a great deal of depth in becoming proficient in riding dual tire.  I might make a video some time.  For example it's harder to make a precise sweeping arc as you turn when riding on both tires - but if you tip on one wheel you can make super tight turns.  You really have to learn both ways to turn (wide or tight) and various other techniques to ride effectively.

Ok, I want a KS-18a or the Gotway Msuper, but reading here I'm starting to believe I'm being a little selfish.   Where could I buy a V3 twin wheeler?  It might just be a great gift for my Fiance.  Yes, At 54 years of age I'm going to get Married.  

Just checked Amazon.... damn, I do love her, but $799!  I could get a KS-18a for not much more.  It is hard to buy less for more.  I know the two wheels will make it easier for her.  It might be all she will ever want, BUT if she out grows it quick...... Damn that's a lot for a training wheel.  My generic I bought as a training wheel.  It cost me right at $300 after shipping.  

That one is always that price.  I always wanted to try out a dual-tire wheel.  This is probably the best feature/value of this type - but yeah, it isn't entry level price.  It isn't on the higher end price range either, though.  You could always look for a dual tire generic maybe for $400-$500 and it will be only a little more than your $300 training wheel.  That would be a dual-tire trainer model.

Archived