GR16 problem with loose battery indicator wire connection

Alien Rides

I managed to breathe some more life into my GR16. My GR16 cut off on me unexpectedly as I was riding it the other week, luckily at a slow speed. After that it wouldn't turn on at all.

I opened it up and it turned out that the battery connection to the LED indicator became loose. It's just connected with a bunch of hot glue unfortunately, so I could see that happening to someone else. I've fixed this by applying liberal amounts of hot glue, but am a bit afraid if it were to happen at high speeds. Let's hope it holds together for now while I order another my next EUC :)

• 3 years later...

On 2/15/2016 at 4:09 PM, Alien Rides said:

I managed to breathe some more life into my GR16. My GR16 cut off on me unexpectedly as I was riding it the other week, luckily at a slow speed. After that it wouldn't turn on at all.

I opened it up and it turned out that the battery connection to the LED indicator became loose. It's just connected with a bunch of hot glue unfortunately, so I could see that happening to someone else. I've fixed this by applying liberal amounts of hot glue, but am a bit afraid if it were to happen at high speeds. Let's hope it holds together for now while I order another my next EUC :)

If you still have your GR16 let me know. I am after one for a project of mine. alive or dead. I am based in Sausalito.

Edited by Peter Le Lievre