Dead Ninebot One E+ due to battery issue.

9bots

Ugh too much drama.  Just confirm the serial with Ninebot support China. If it turns out to be the smaller pack then you just forward the email your B buddy guy and say see look confirmed by tech support C is a dick.. he gave me the smaller one and cut out the label to trick me.  You don't work for them anymore so why do you care if they like you anymore or not?  You just want a working replacement pack under warranty.  Unless you want to go back to work for them don't worry what C dude thinks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, BA-B8 said:

Ugh too much drama.  Just confirm the serial with Ninebot support China. If it turns out to be the smaller pack then you just forward the email your B buddy guy and say see look confirmed by tech support C is a dick.. he gave me the smaller one and cut out the label to trick me.  You don't work for them anymore so why do you care if they like you anymore or not?  You just want a working replacement pack under warranty.  Unless you want to go back to work for them don't worry what C dude thinks.

+1

Right thing to do is to claim your warranty rights. B it C or A or some other letters...

1 hour ago, BA-B8 said:

Thanks for the idea, I'm emailing Ninebot China as we speak. Yeah too much drama which I really hate. But I am almost certain I'll be a returning customer in the future coz they are the sole distributor of ninebot here, like it or not. If anything ninebot needs fixing, it will be them again. If ninebot releases new product, I'll have to buy it from them for guaranteed support (which we now know what it's like). And God knows what they will do next to your unit if things went sour and you send it for service or fix. 

This shouldn't be happening in the first place. 

Thanks again and I'll update soon. 

@9bots, I found the bar codes for your battery by googling Ninebot Battery and going through a lot of images before finding one clearly marked for the 240Wh.  All of the 320Wh batteries matched mine except for the yellow heat shrink which must be using different cells or have a different BMS.

http://electricunicycle.website/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/i/ninebot-one-240wh-2.jpg

Maybe go to the place and tell them you are going to cut off the heat shrink to expose the cells in front of them to determine if what they are saying is correct (tell them people on the forums are saying it is the wrong capacity and you are unsure).  And if they are right then you will take full responsibility for replacing the heat shrink on the battery and will be a happy customer.  But if they are wrong then the battery must be replaced and they are stuck with the cut off heat shrink.

Once the heat shrink is off, you will have to google the ID on the cells.  I didn't have any issue finding the cell capacity of my batteries (E+ & P).  In my E+, the battery cells are LGDBMG11865 which translates to LG 18650 2900mAH batteries (2850 Nominal). 

IMG_20160121_233330.thumb.jpg.55d77d45f9

Above is a picture of the battery from my E+.  If you find cells that are less capacity, the battery is wrong.

Another option is to simply take the Ninebot out on a long ride and see how many miles you get before it complains of low voltage.  If you get over 20Km (give or take depending on your weight) then it's most likely a 320Wh.  

Hope you get this figured out and resolved.

3 hours ago, Cranium said:

@9bots, I found the bar codes for your battery by googling Ninebot Battery and going through a lot of images before finding one clearly marked for the 240Wh.  All of the 320Wh batteries matched mine except for the yellow heat shrink which must be using different cells or have a different BMS.

http://electricunicycle.website/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/i/ninebot-one-240wh-2.jpg

Maybe go to the place and tell them you are going to cut off the heat shrink to expose the cells in front of them to determine if what they are saying is correct (tell them people on the forums are saying it is the wrong capacity and you are unsure).  And if they are right then you will take full responsibility for replacing the heat shrink on the battery and will be a happy customer.  But if they are wrong then the battery must be replaced and they are stuck with the cut off heat shrink.

Once the heat shrink is off, you will have to google the ID on the cells.  I didn't have any issue finding the cell capacity of my batteries (E+ & P).  In my E+, the battery cells are LGDDBMG11865 which translates to LG 18650 2900mAH batteries (2850 Nominal). 

IMG_20160121_233330.thumb.jpg.55d77d45f9

Above is a picture of the battery from my E+.  If you find cells that are less capacity, the battery is wrong.

Another option is to simply take the Ninebot out on a long ride and see how many miles you get before it complains of low voltage.  If you get over 20Km (give or take depending on your weight) then it's most likely a 320Wh.  

Hope you get this figured out and resolved.

@Cranium Wow, thanks for that in depth analysis of your battery. Coz guess what, I made a new discovery due to your very analytical and factual post! And I believe my findings could be of a huge help in determining a battery used for ninebot one!

Firstly, after reading your post, I googled for the battery info based on the codes you have written up there and google failed to give me any results. I'm puzzled and upon closer inspection, well, you made a typo. There's an additional D right there. But it's ok coz from there, things get more interesting.

I noticed that what differentiates the capacity of the battery via the bar codes on that white sticker is those MG1 and 22P and PF.

And I noticed from your photo up there, the labeling on the battery itself contain the MG1 code, and from your other post in other thread, you gave a link for the pdf for the battery info, and there, I saw the 1865 codes as well, which leads me to blind searching the google with a keyword like "lithium ion 18650 battery pf".

Now I'm pretty sure it points to Panasonic branded battery. And even managed to secure a pdf link for its detailed specs. So yes it has a 2900mAh battery too. A following blind search with the keyword "lithium ion 18650 22p" leads me to Samsung made battery, and unsurprisingly, it has a lower mAh ratings standing at just 2150mAh. How do I know? I found the pdf as well.

@Cranium, here's the link for the pdf I mentioned.

Panasonic PF Battery

Samsung 22P Battery

LG MG1 Battery

2 hours ago, 9bots said:

I noticed that what differentiates the capacity of the battery via the bar codes on that white sticker is those MG1 and 22P and PF.

And I noticed from your photo up there, the labeling on the battery itself contain the MG1 code, and from your other post in other thread, you gave a link for the pdf for the battery info, and there, I saw the 1865 codes as well, which leads me to blind searching the google with a keyword like "lithium ion 18650 battery pf".

Now I'm pretty sure it points to Panasonic branded battery. And even managed to secure a pdf link for its detailed specs. So yes it has a 2900mAh battery too. A following blind search with the keyword "lithium ion 18650 22p" leads me to Samsung made battery, and unsurprisingly, it has a lower mAh ratings standing at just 2150mAh. How do I know? I found the pdf as well.

@Cranium, here's the link for the pdf I mentioned.

Panasonic PF Battery

Samsung 22P Battery

LG MG1 Battery

That is a good observation on type of battery used with PF, 22P and MG1.

I think you are making a leap saying PF = Panasonic and another leap to identify the capacity based on this.  I don't see the correlation myself.  Panasonic makes many 18650 batteries of various capacities.  And the PDF for the Panasonic battery has no mention of "PF" and is referencing one specific battery capacity.

With the Samsung battery, you are also making some leaps with 22PM (your pack)  = 22P (Samsung battery).  Then you are finding a battery capacity that matches a search without being 100% sure it is the exact match.  Although to your credit, the Samsung battery PDF you linked would make a 240Wh battery pack in a 15S/2P configuration.

I'm not saying your are wrong at all but I personally don't like to make a lot of assumptions which is why I cut my battery packs open to identify the cells and various components on the BMS.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2247-decrease-charging-time-5a-high-current-charger-mod/?do=findComment&comment=29975

I purchased one of the first ever sold NineBots in Australia and was very proud  having lots of fun at my age - 71. By the way I also roller blade, and Ice skate so it was not new to me to whizz around.

I was very interested to read all about the battery problem as I purchased a NineBot E in June 2015 and on the 11. Feb while using my NineBot it suddenly stopped and has been dead ever since. My Apps showed me that I had 10 km left on the charge. I came home and charged it and after a while the green light showed that it was fully charged but the unit stayed dead.

I contacted the National Sales Director here in Australia by E-mail the day after but to this date have had no reply at all. There is no shop front that I can visit as to the best of my knowledge the ony seller in Queensland is a private importer.

1 hour ago, HansR said:

I purchased one of the first ever sold NineBots in Australia and was very proud  having lots of fun at my age - 71. By the way I also roller blade, and Ice skate so it was not new to me to whizz around.

I was very interested to read all about the battery problem as I purchased a NineBot E in June 2015 and on the 11. Feb while using my NineBot it suddenly stopped and has been dead ever since. My Apps showed me that I had 10 km left on the charge. I came home and charged it and after a while the green light showed that it was fully charged but the unit stayed dead.

I contacted the National Sales Director here in Australia by E-mail the day after but to this date have had no reply at all. There is no shop front that I can visit as to the best of my knowledge the ony seller in Queensland is a private importer.

Do you notice any symptoms in the Ninebot other than it won't turn on?  Does it feel like the wheel is not rotating as easily as you would expect? 

Thank you for your quick response

No there were no other symptons. The wheel is moving freely. The battery looks like new and has not any wear marks or discolouring. I just felt that the switch did not actualy click when depressing when I tried to restart it. 

I sent another E- mail to the National Service desk and hope nowfor more action. I also mentened this forum  

4 hours ago, HansR said:

I just felt that the switch did not actualy click when depressing when I tried to restart it. 

Thats normal - its not a switch but just a button. So they made the beep while powering on, since you have no mechanical feedback.

Edit: Mabye you start with a registered letter, since your reseller did not react since more than a week...

What puzzles me:

You contacted the National Sales Director and the only seller in Queensland is a private importer. Then you contacted the National Service Desk?

You bought from the private importer, and now you contact the representative of Ninebot in Australia?

6 hours ago, HansR said:

... on the 11. Feb while using my NineBot it suddenly stopped and has been dead ever since. My Apps showed me that I had 10 km left on the charge...

You still have a bluetooth connection to the Ninebot, while he is otherwise dead? Or you saw the remaining 10kms before the Ninebot died?

Can anyone here help me with opening up your ninebot one and take a photo of your battery label including its capacity and bar code? I need this as a proof. I already got GranVlog on youtube helping me with this. Here's the format. Thanks so much!

Eg.

Your Ninebot One Type Here = Ninebot One E+

Your Battery Bar Code Here = NEB-01-1502B-MG1-150623965

Your Battery Capacity = 320Wh

Your Photo/YouTube Video here.

On 2/20/2016 at 3:13 PM, HansR said:

When I started my ride I saw that I had 10 km travel left. Now I have no connection anymore.

Thank you for your kind assistance

Hans

Have you checked the power switch wire connector to the battery if it came loose?

6 hours ago, 9bots said:

Can anyone here help me with opening up your ninebot one and take a photo of your battery label including its capacity and bar code? ...

Your Battery Bar Code Here = NEB-01-1502B-MG1-...

Photos (back/and front): http://imgur.com/a/7hvW3

14 hours ago, 9bots said:

Can anyone here help me with opening up your ninebot one and take a photo of your battery label including its capacity and bar code? I need this as a proof.

Here you are @9bots

Your Ninebot One Type Here = Ninebot One C+ (that's what I bought and what the box said, though inside one of the covers there is a sticker that says "E"!)

Your Battery Bar Code Here = NEB-01-1502B-22PM-150117887 (NOTE: front and back have different codes, back has a sticker with this code: NEB-01-1502B-D20-01150421B430A2 but without bar code)

Your Battery Capacity = 220Wh

P.S. The first image also shows some of the sand in the battery compartment... see the "preventive maintenance" thread.

battery1.JPG

battery2.JPG

Here you are @9bots

Your Ninebot One Type Here = Ninebot One E 

Your Battery Bar Code Here = NEB-01-1502B-22PM-150122218 (NOTE: front and back have different codes, back has a sticker with this code: NEB-01-1502B-22PM-01150122B218A2 but without bar code)

Your Battery Capacity = 240Wh

20150805_142354272_iOS.jpg

20150805_142417859_iOS.jpg

On 24 de febrer de 2016 at 5:03 AM, 9bots said:

Can anyone here help me with opening up your ninebot one and take a photo of your battery label including its capacity and bar code? I need this as a proof. I already got GranVlog on youtube helping me with this. Here's the format. Thanks so much!

Eg.

Your Battery Bar Code Here = NEB-01-1502B-MG1-150623965

Your Photo/YouTube Video here.

Your Ninebot One Type here = Ninebot One E+

Your Battery Bar Code Here = NEB-01-1502B-MG1-150528404

Your Photo 

image.jpeg

Thanks @Vik's! Btw I have a question now, and this question is best answered by those who have different battery capacity. 

When you connect your phone to your app, it will show you the remaining kilometres / miles left, correct? Now what will it show when you switch between different battery capacity? 

For my case, my ninebot one is a E+. When it was on the 320Wh battery, the app will show 28km if the battery is full. But now, even with the allegedly smaller 240Wh battery, the app still shows 28km for a fully charged battery. 

But in real life performance, it is noticeably quicker to go empty. 

Archived