KS ISN code calculator (web-version)

esaj

Suggestion: are you aware of Github pages? You could create an organisation for the webpage (I wouldn't host it under your main account as each Github user only gets one page) and thus make it available as a service. I've been so forward and set it up here as an example:

http://kingsongunlocker.github.io/

The Github organization so that this works is here. If you want to host it yourself / take control over the Github org just tell me, I'll transfer it to you / remove it.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, xamino said:

Suggestion: are you aware of Github pages? You could create an organisation for the webpage (I wouldn't host it under your main account as each Github user only gets one page) and thus make it available as a service. I've been so forward and set it up here as an example:

http://kingsongunlocker.github.io/

The Github organization so that this works is here. If you want to host it yourself / take control over the Github org just tell me, I'll transfer it to you / remove it.

Just dump it there, I'm not planning to improve it... unless it's totally broken, I didn't actually test it much, just quickly put it together and dropped in my webspace ;)

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2016 at 7:20 PM, esaj said:

Since someone was having problems with the fearedbliss's Java-version of the code calculator, I took about 20 minutes of my precious time and quickly whipped up a web-version using Javascript. I'm not really a web-programmer, but I think it should work.

Is there anything @esaj cannot do? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fearedbliss said:

Thanks esaj, I didn't want to do it, but you did :D. I'm going to refer people to you now, congrats on having more responsibility, You have opened Pandora's box!!! :lol:

Dear god, now I really hope it works ;) Inbox filling from "it doesn't work!" -messages in 3, 2, 1...

2 minutes ago, fearedbliss said:

@esaj Lol well get it in a good state and then I'll look at the code, clean it up a bit, and add a simple theme and I'll throw it on my box.

Actually, I was planning on not touching this ever, unless I really, really have to :D

@esaj, I downloaded the code and put it on my server but I noticed it has no license. Can you put a license on it, preferably MIT license. I'll need to inspect the code for any type of security attacks [injection] since there is user input involved.

Edited by fearedbliss

4 minutes ago, fearedbliss said:

@esaj, I downloaded the code and put it on my server but I noticed it has no license. Can you put a license on it, preferably MIT license. I'll need to inspect the code for any type of security attacks [injection] since there is user input involved.

Here you go:  http://www.wtfpl.net/

It's a single javascript-function, with no data sent to server or code loaded from elsewhere. Not much to attack against to ;)

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Well I am probably a complete Nit-Wit.............but what or where is the ISN number????

There is a code under the foot peddles of the KS16 but it does not seem to work and it does not look like the numbers you descibe. Nothing on any paperwork whic I have either,,,,,,,,I think I am missing part of the picture........can someone paint the rest of it in for me.....and get me up to speeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!

1 hour ago, Simon Lovell said:

Well I am probably a complete Nit-Wit.............but what or where is the ISN number????

There is a code under the foot peddles of the KS16 but it does not seem to work and it does not look like the numbers you descibe. Nothing on any paperwork whic I have either,,,,,,,,I think I am missing part of the picture........can someone paint the rest of it in for me.....and get me up to speeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!

I don't have a King Song, but it should be the Bluetooth MAC-address of the device reversed. Probably visible somewhere in the original KS app, but if you don't find it there, look for where you could see the Bluetooth MAC-address (like when pairing a phone to the wheel), write it down and reverse it.

From another topic, posted by John Eucist:

"I've discovered that your "ISN" (in order to get your "auth code" from King Song) is your Bluetooth MAC address (6 groups of two hexadecimal digits) but "reversed".  For example "12 34 56 78 90 AB" becomes "AB 90 78 56 34 12"."

So you take the two-digit/character -pairs (all values should be between 0-9 and A-F) and input them in reverse order.

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 2

OK.......well I found the number.....it appears within the app where you go to do the decoding......so not on the wheel at all!

Your decoder works perfectly and I am now free to go at scary speeds and break my neck....well hopefully not. The Kingsong KS16 is absolutely rock solid at speed and a great confidence builder. I am really enjoying this wheel.

• Upvote 3