NB P updated 1.35

Paulandjacquelyn

I am posting this separate some threads have gone rogue :rolleyes:lol.   

I just update my P from 1.30 to 1.35.    Experienced

-Absolute tightening of pedal resistance  for forward and back

- No whistle noise

- feels Amazingly sturdy if that helps

- turning is easier but I believe due to less pedal give so tilting machine occurs with less distance since pedals don't give speed as easy

-I love the feeling....feels safer for sure but still get speed...just more paced ....no more 0 to 60 in 2 seconds so to speak

-With the letter posted in other thread about P delays due to "an issue".... I'm going to assume that 1.35 was for P's specifically as the performance seems to slow fast leans with pedal resistance.

As 1.35 apprears to be for the P....and the P has no noise issues from update.... I'd actually be concerned of the noise in the other models and what it may be doing.

42 minutes ago, master255 said:

@Paulandjacquelyn It's simple! If you do not hear the whistle, then you have a hearing problem.

@master255, After this many weeks can you not accept that this problem is with your specific machine and not a systemic problem?  Paul and everybody else do not have a hearing problem. 

Your wheel is the outlier. 

Your wheel has a special problem.

14 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

-Absolute tightening of pedal resistance  for forward and back

- turning is easier but I believe due to less pedal give so tilting machine occurs with less distance since pedals don't give speed as easy

Great - i am really looking forward to this change. I never liked the feeling of falling into the curve while turning...

I updated already my E+ but did not have a chance to ride it by now - to much snowing and way to cold outside... ;(

14 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

-I love the feeling....feels safer for sure but still get speed...just more paced ....no more 0 to 60 in 2 seconds so to speak

-With the letter posted in other thread about P delays due to "an issue".... I'm going to assume that 1.35 was for P's specifically as the performance seems to slow fast leans with pedal resistance.

As 1.35 apprears to be for the P....and the P has no noise issues from update.... I'd actually be concerned of the noise in the other models and what it may be doing.

Since the mainboard for P/E+ are/were the same it should not matter? The "softer" acceleration is maybe not noticeable on an E+, since it has less power the a P anyway.

The higher pedal resistance could be a great way to reduce the chance of overleaning - giving the EUC more "reaction time" to start a real tilt back before something goes wrong...

22 hours ago, master255 said:

@musk Seven people have heard whistling along with me! This is not just my problem! I hear the whistle at all video! If you do not hear a whistle on my video (

), then you have a hearing problem.

Снимок.PNG

I definitely hear the high pitch noise in your video. In my E+ it is Very different and difficult to hear (you must put your ear near the NB) and not constant. If you move the wheel at some position it is hearable and 1 cm more and disapears.

@eurider Yes! I hear all these sounds! It is not pleasant and I immediately turned off the video.

That's all. My wheel died yesterday. The only reason that I think - this is firmware 1.3.5. Electronics should not make sounds, and if it does, then something is wrong.
I just hit the power button and the wheel blinked and then switched off for ever.

The wheel jammed, and it is rotated with great difficulty. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXxLeiharRU

I thought that something got into electronics and unscrewed the sideframe. But there perfect cleanliness:

http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?msg=738004

I don't know where you get your info, but I have been seeing your threads about this quite a bit now. 

Electronics DO make sounds. It is NOT a sign of things wrong. Especially pwm running at a frequency withing the range of human hearing. 

Every time you post something its sensationalized and fabricated. Just like when you said "high frequencies adversly effec health" - which is completely made up. 

I hear the whistle. We all do. It's not loud and most of the time it is barely noticeable. I have excellent hearing and "listening" is my job. 

Also, it seems in your video the sound is heard even if the unit is off. 

Either you hear something else and have a different issue, or you are completely making it up. (I wouldn't put it past you after reading your other threads/comments)

That is not the noise we all hear. And 1.3.5 is perfectly stable. 

I have to side with master255 on this one. If the ninebot p or e+ is running fine with no strange noises then it should not have been updated to 1.2.6 or 1.2.9 or 1.3.5 . Already these people have lost their substantial money on failed firmware update.

People failing on 1.3.5 firmware includes

master255 ==>

adhermes --->

Douglas Ingram --->

Ecko ---> 

eurider ----<

There maybe others, I dont have time to go through each thread. Ninebot needs have a firmware downgrade option to 1.2.2 firmware :Dor more units will obsolete before or right after one year.

chriscalandro you post some good points, hopefully your IP address not originating from china LOL

On 24.01.2016 at 10:38 PM, master255 said:

I repeat. My wheel (Ninebot one P) died yesterday. I think this is due to firmware 1.3.5. What else to discuss ??? Wheels they die due to this firmware!

On 24.01.2016 at 2:36 AM, chriscalandro said:

What facts are you using to base that on?

Are these facts sourced from the same place as your other "facts"?  

Here are some pictures of his "perfect clean" ninebot. Also, controller is dead, as it seems, because of short circuit caused by water (snow?) got inside device and split over powered controller.

17tbm0j.jpeg

o9ob8c.jpeg

1byf626.jpeg

More photos - source

Oh, cant shink photos, sorry for size

рукалицо. @WaveCut ты зачем сюда залез и ещё пишешь, что я сам виноват? Если ты не разбираешься, то зачем писать! Не только дискредитируешь меня, но и всех ботоводов! Получается ты на стороне завода, а не покупателей!

По фотографиям ясно одно - нужно смазывать герметиком внутреннюю пластину охлаждения колеса и периодически проверять там грязь.

From the photographs one thing is clear - it is necessary to lubricate the internal sealing plate cooling wheel and periodically check there is dirt.

4 hours ago, master255 said:

From the photographs one thing is clear - it is necessary to lubricate the internal sealing plate cooling wheel and periodically check there is dirt.

6 hours ago, WaveCut said:

Here are some pictures of his "perfect clean" ninebot. Also, controller is dead, as it seems, because of short circuit caused by water (snow?) got inside device and split over powered controller.

So now its definitely a warranty issue - 9bot states it is IP65 (dustproof and safe from water from any direction) which it was definitely not in this case. So this is just for replacement by the reseller without discussion.

Pffff.. Since i am not a native english speaker i had some problems with your statement,  but i think i got your message after quite some time. You mean it somehow got the certificate but just does not conform to the norm/meet the requirements?

All I am saying is that they received the certification.  And that is what they are advertising, or claiming.  I am not fighting.  Just making a statement. :)

To help a non-native speaker, my friend, I will say it differently.  If they went to court due to legal action, they could say "we did not say it was water-proof.  Instead, we said that we are IP65 certified."   And that is a true statement.  

For myself, I have no idea if IP65 certification is good or bad.  But IP65 certification may be all that Ninebot has claimed.  Whether the machine is water-proof or not.  They have only claimed that they have the IP65 certification.  [As have many other companies and devices.]

As I understand it the IP65 rating is the manufacturer's word, the unit is not independently tested. Even though Firewheel says they are IP65, they are not. All the compartments have panels with no gaskets. Dust and water can easily get into the control board or batteries. My generic wheel is even worse, it has a big slot exposed to the wheel. Oh but on the bright side they put a drain hole in the bottom of the battery compartment. :D 

http://www.cmp-products.com/ingress-protection-ratings

Archived