New Order

MonsieurBadgerCheese

@MonsieurBadgerCheese, did you by any chance also ask the price for a second battery? It seems to me it is going to need two in order to have a decent range? My 340Wh KingSong has noticeably reduced performance by the time I've gone 8km, particularly on hills where the LEDs will drop right down. With 132Wh, I'd want the reassurance I can change the battery to ensure I get home again.

In fact I am quite surprised the limited edition one doesn't come with 2 batteries (rather than 2 chargers). It suggests they would too significantly increase the cost?

Delivery is quoted at 6 to 8 weeks, so I doubt I'm going to receive the wheel any sooner than anyone else. Maybe a little, but I'm sure not until the Beta testers have done their bit.

As a Newbie (new owner of my first EUC (Ninebot one E+), I'm certainly not qualified to offer much in the way of a 'review' at this point. Having said that, I'm hooked now and may be better placed to comment after 6-8 weeks. Certainly happy to answer any questions within my ability.

I enquired about the price of additional batteries. The answer was;

"Thank you very much for pre-ordering a Uniwheel. With regards to your question about the cost of an additional battery, I unfortunately do not have a price for individual accessories. It will become available once the wheels are ready for dispatch however. If it does become available earlier, you will be told immediately."

Keep you posted!

MBC

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They seem more interested in selling to people that dont know about wheels like uk celebs... taking to shows that are not relevant.. And they seem to ignore "US" the people that ride these wheels. 

It seems that they wanted this wheel to be so perfect that they have not gone past the research and development stage and go into full production stage. For sure this will be a "dream" machine.

17 hours ago, MonsieurBadgerCheese said:

Jurgen,

Latest promise was for delivery during the last week in May. My response was that if I do not receive the wheel by the end of May, I'm pulling out.

I'm interested, but not that interested. They've had my deposit money for too long now.

MBC.

thanks for the heads up, novel approach to crowdfunding :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I looked at the pre-order "One of 99" limited editions before Christmas when I was contacted about trying the Beta. It said back then that estimated delivery was 4-6 weeks. Well 6 months later and it still hasn't been released...

I changed my mind about the Beta (which they cancelled anyway) and pre-ordering because the battery is just way too small for my needs. I wouldn't even get to work and back! For less than the Uniwheel costs I recently got the Gotway ACM - 1500w motor and 820wh battery and have enjoyed a few long cruises with one day totalling 25 miles!

They need to seriously up the battery because 132wh won't suit most serious/more professional riders and at the price most of the general public won't even bother. Most people turn off when i tell them what a decent EUC costs. They'd be less impressed with such little mileage. 

Bonsoir,

I have given up. Still no wheel. In fairness to the company, when I made this decision (and informed them by email), I was immediately refunded my deposit.

Good luck to them, but this venture is no longer for me.

MBC.

............In the meantime, very much enjoying my Ninebot S2.

MBC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 3:24 PM, MonsieurBadgerCheese said:

In the meantime, very much enjoying my Ninebot S2

@MonsieurBadgerCheese Glad to see you like your S2.  What are your impressions of it?  Do you think it might be better than the Inmotion v5f that is also a 14 inch wheel?  I like my NB1E+ but starting to see good reviews of the Inmotion wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply. By no means am an expert. Just short of 1000k on E+, and now almost 200k on S2. No experience on any other wheels (so no feedback for v5f).

Personally, E+ is great for long stable runs, S2 is great for dodging pedestrians on the pavements around the city, here in Lyon.

MBC

Archived