Getting firewheel f779 over 20km/hr

Aquaneo

I was hoping someone here could tell me how they managed to get their firewheel over 20 km/hr. I have a 1 yr old f779 (with comfort/sport mode) and I get a tilt back after a beep beep beep at about 20 km/hr. Am I doing something wrong? I never get a verbal warning for speed...just beeps and a tilt back.

I believe I have a V2(?) Firewheel F260 with sport and comfort-modes, or maybe newer, when we did some comparisons we found out that my Firewheel (originally purchased by the previous owner at the end of 2014) has some slightly different behaviors than a few other Firewheels bought some months later (April 2015?). Don't know if the designation was changed from V2 or Vx to something else at some point or not, but there definitely are some differences in the firmware.

Any way:

• There is no tilt-back, except a very slight one when the battery is almost out with recorded voice message "Power is low" or maybe it says "Battery is low" (the recordings aren't that high quality, so it's sometimes hard to say what the words are exactly), the wheel will tilt-back slightly, start repeating that message and decelerates to almost a stop. Trying to ride it while the warning is playing, it will never accelerate beyond walking pace.
  • It starts beeping after reaching around 18km/h
  • Around 23-25km/h comes a voice message, I'm not sure what it's saying, but I believe others mentioned it says "You are speeding"
  • Around 28km/h it starts saying "Take care, take care"

After the final "Take care, take care" -message, the wheel will SHUT DOWN, unless the battery is shunted. Mine is shunted and it can go above 30km/h (never pushed it beyond 32km/h, as I'm afraid it'll tilt forwards when reaching the torque-limit of the motor). Hobby16 says his F260 (bought later) can reach 35km/h and maybe even above, with a sudden fast acceleration when hitting around 30km/h. We've both used high-precision bike computers to measure these speeds (more accurate than GPS).

If you've been indeed sold the wheel as V2 F779, maybe it's earlier firmware version or something else. I've also seen wheels called "Macwheels" being sold in Aliexpress, that look EXACTLY like Firewheel F-series, but actually have only 350W motors and much lower top speeds. Don't know if they also have the separate sport- and comfort-modes. There's also the Firewheel R-series, but I don't think they have separate riding modes (just comfort-mode?).

@Aquaneo back to your question it almost seems like you have a different control board entirely than @esaj or I have. My first controller came with the board in late April last year died after only a few days. I didn't get the replacement board until a month later. It was definitely a different version of the board because they had changed some of the components.

I get no tilt-back at all with the two boards I have had. I travel pretty regularly at 20-22kph during most rides and the pedals are exactly as flat as they are at lower speeds. What does your beep sound like? is it like this video? You can hear the "You are speeding" that esaj mentions as well. (That shows my first crash after hitting a big sidewalk bump at high speed.)

• 1 year later...

Ya, same beeping but I don't get a voice for speeding. I decided to leave the fire wheel alone and let my daughter use it. I just recieved my Gotway monster 2400w and speed is not an issue now. Thanks for the replies. 

Archived