So excited

Kwing

Ordered a Ninebot One E+ so looking for it. Would hope to give my own review when I try it. Honestly anything will be better than my TG. I feel its very badly manufactured and quite unstable.

Anyone wants to get a ninebot one from a seller who is dedicated and fast response, you can contact Leo https://www.facebook.com/ninebotoneunicycle/  .... Very reasonably priced and most importantly its covered by warranty!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks super. I was having dilemmas between IPS and ninebot as IPS has longer range and slighter cheaper. I went with the ninebot mainly for the warranty.. and the looks as well.

Super do you have anE+ as well? How far can 1 charge really go?

I've done around 12 and I'm pretty low after that, but I'm also climbing a LOT of hills.  As seen on this graphic of one of my earlier rides, I climbed 1100 ft on this 11 Mile ride. If I remember correctly, I was at 20 percent battery when finished. I'm thinking I'll be able to do about 15 Miles on the flats.  I average around 10 MPH now that I'm comfortable riding.

565dff15691de_NB1E.thumb.PNG.ff8a7753d01

@SuperSport Wow, average only around 10MPH, I look a lot at your youtube videos, good works, it seems way lot faster, much faster than that. Can't imagine if 10MPH is that fast already, how about 17-20MPH that can be achieved by some monster euc like KS, GW, NB P *gasps* 

You got nice bike trail on your area, looks awesome for unicycling.

I LOVE the trails abound here. 

Yeah, I occasionally hit 14 mph, and it does not seem too fast. I'm sure if I tumble at that speed, I will think otherwise. Take that into consideration when you ride. You might be going faster than you think. 

17-20 might make me sweat a little. ;)

PS: On other news, we had 3 tornados in California today, 2 were close to me. 

Easy to get 'carried away' with speed on these things - seems fast to begin with but you soon get used to it and want more :D

Fortunately my E+ is one of the slower models and won't give me more than 13mph.  Luckier still I don't have the P model or I'd be spending a lot more time at A&E most likely!

I got just under 20 miles on mine earlier in the year but that was in warm weather when I wasn't wearing around 15 layers just to keep warm.  Haven't done any long distances since then and it's cold enough on the body let alone the poor LiPo battery in the unit - Roll on the summer (if we ever get one next year??) :P

7 minutes ago, DangerousDick said:

Easy to get 'carried away' with speed on these things - seems fast to begin with but you soon get used to it and want more :D

Fortunately my E+ is one of the slower models and won't give me more than 13mph.  Luckier still I don't have the P model or I'd be spending a lot more time at A&E most likely!

I got just under 20 miles on mine earlier in the year but that was in warm weather when I wasn't wearing around 15 layers just to keep warm.  Haven't done any long distances since then and it's cold enough on the body let alone the poor LiPo battery in the unit - Roll on the summer (if we ever get one next year??) :P

Hey dangerous what do you mean by slower models..  do they restrict speeds?

wow that is fast.. but I wonder whether we can actually go up to 30km as stated...to me it seems like people buy 9bot for speed and looks..

There seems to be some which go quicker than the specifications suggest.  Kind of 'de-restricted' in some ways?

Early reports of the N1O versus the N2O serial numbers weren't conclusive with both showing different maximum speeds.  Of course, it largely depends on the riders weight, the ambient temperatures, ride styles, and in some cases the size of cahooners ;)

Don't think anybody has really got to the bottom of it but there are definitely some E+ models out there which go as fast as the new P model and others (both the ones I've owned) which don't exceed the specified maximums.  I'm 75kg in my 'birthday suit' so nowhere near the 100kg limit but I struggle to get over 13mph for any duration and trying to stay at 12mph on anything other than perfect ground / inclines / wind behind me etc. is proving quite a challenge.

A couple of riders on here actually have two E+'s and ride them both in the same conditions noting positive differences in the units so there's definitely something out there.  The boards should be the same although we've seen V1.3 and V1.3.1 scattered around.  Most likely there'll be subtle differences in the motor efficiencies / power available from manufacturing tolerances which give the reported results.  I'm more than happy with mine as it does what it promised 'on paper' :D You'll only know which one you have when you break it out of the box and ride it around.

Hoping we get to a few 'meets' next year to ride with others on similar units to see for ourselves what we have?

This is the fastest I have gone on my E+ and to me it was almost terrifyingly fast.  Everyone has a different tolerance for speed.  Yes, they restrict speeds or else you would fall off as the machine can't keep up.  Think of the fastest speed at which you would like to fall off.  Sooner or later you probably will.  The 15 mph I was going would be too fast for me to enjoy.  Though my E+ would let me go faster, I usually go quite a bit under the max speed.  It is still fun. 

IMG_6170.jpg

7 hours ago, Kwing said:

wow 15 is really really fast.... hows the ride at that speed? Must be the slightest bump on the streets your 9bot wobbles like mad

I believe I've touched 15 also.  I've hit 14.5 many times.  It's actually super smooth.  It's not like riding a Hoverboard at high speed where one little twitch of your ankle and you end up over the side of a cliff and your board ends up on the other side of the cliff (yes, from experience).  It's more like a Bicycle where if you are going a moderate speed, it's actually more stable.  The only issue is that in the back of your mind you have heard stories of these things shutting down and throwing their riders.  That's the only scary part for me.  If I KNEW it would not shut down, I would be riding much faster more often.  Also would be wearing more safety gear, for the 'Just In Case'.

7 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

Yeah, I'm anxious to see what the Summer temps will do.  I'm about 73kg and I wear a jacket and gear, so 77kg total?  And, it's mostly hilly around here.

7 hours ago, dpong said:

This is the fastest I have gone on my E+ and to me it was almost terrifyingly fast.  Everyone has a different tolerance for speed.  Yes, they restrict speeds or else you would fall off as the machine can't keep up.  Think of the fastest speed at which you would like to fall off.  Sooner or later you probably will.  The 15 mph I was going would be too fast for me to enjoy.  Though my E+ would let me go faster, I usually go quite a bit under the max speed.  It is still fun. 

That's cool yours will go faster.  I think 15 is my MAX, although I'm afraid to push further.  I notice I hit 14mph often, but when I hear the beeps, I back off hoping to avoid a heavy tilt either way.

@SuperSport I think I didn't write very clearly.  I believe that 15mph probably represents the top end of my E+.  What I meant was that the E+ would allow me to go faster *than I want and need to go*, but usually I start to self-limit at around 12mph.  There is that little voice in your head, to which you referred.  I have only hit that 15mph once.  It is just too darned fast for my tastes. 

I have something to say about the e+

I came from a generic wheel, when I ordered the E+, I REALLY debated on waiting and getting a P model... mainly for the speed.

well, the E+ came in the mail 2 days ago, and all I have to say is that it is 400 times more wheel than I expected!

trust me 15 mph BEFORE ANY kickback feels nuts! It will feel PLENTY fast 

Make sure you go into your NineBot app and update to 1.3 firmware right away before riding. (also under the riding settings in the app, make sure you turn the riding sensitivity from 3 down to 0 if you really want to see what the E+ can do) the pedals will feel LOCKED! (good thing)

it's also got the torque to get my 215lb brother up just about any hill at near fill speed.

and the range... my feet hurt bad way before the battery ever dies. i'm 180lbs and go for about 13 miles. (give or take) but you don't realize how damn far that is until you ride it.

lastly i want to note the foot pedal size, SOOO much bigger! i love them, my size 13 feet never feel like i'm standing on a small tiny plate.

No way I would buy a P, I could only see it useful if you are 240+ lbs and going up hills like ( / )!!

5 hours ago, Kwing said:

wow I now really cannot wait! Although I am still having seconds with the range. There are wheels out there that goes up to 18 to 20 miles. Maybe I will get extra batteries if I ever want go for extended rides..

Are the other wheels actually accomplishing those miles, or are they rated miles?  The E+ is rated 22, but I have not seen that yet.  I have not looked around much, so I don't know.  I, for one, would LOVE to double or triple the distance out of the battery, but I know that's a Pipe Dream until battery technology gets better (Or, some Crazy Solar Technology).  But, in my dream world, it would be nice to be able to take it on a weekend camping trip in the desert and not charge till I get back home.

Hybrid anyone??? ;)  Maybe a tiny Gas Generator?

I guess you could easily modify the side panels to quick release and carry a couple batteries.  That would not be hard.  Although, at $372 per battery, YIKES! :mellow:

One of the trail currently riding is about 5km long or 10km with return trip. Another bike trail I want to ride is 10km long. I need battery for at least 20km for return trip with some allowance. Is there an external battery pack for ninebot one or modded outer shells to fit more battery cells ... someone here can make them? Seems like I misread the google map the total trip should be 20km insteed of 64km lol

2 minutes ago, NinebotOneUser said:

One of the trail currently riding is about 5km long or 10km with return trip. Another bike trail I want to ride is 32km long and 26km long. I need battery for at least 64km for return trip with some allowance. Is there an external battery pack for ninebot one or modded outer shells to fit more battery cells ... someone here can make them?

For 64km you probably need at least 4 packs, 680Wh or more, depending on your weight... I get around 1km per 10-11Wh but I weight less than 60kg (<133 lbs). Getting that many packs strapped into Ninebot might be difficult. I think the standard packs in E+ are 15S2P with 3000mAh cells. To my knowledge, the largest 15S-pack you could get is around 194Wh per pack with 3.5Ah (3500mAh) cells, and they probably need to be custom-made (at least 1RadWerkstatt builds such packs), but that still leaves the problem of how to get them attached as there's no room inside the shell itself, and outside the shell they could get damaged. Probably easiest (but not cheap) solution is to go with a Firewheel with custom packs (for example 4 * 210Wh or 4 * 192Wh), Gotway MSuper 850Wh or KingSong 18" and the monster packs (>1000Wh). I've got 4 * 192Wh custom packs for my Firewheel, but haven't gotten to use them a lot yet, due to some difficulties with the BMSs and the winter.

Archived