First articles/review in the press

Gabriel

Since the first reviews start to appear on the net after the official and mediatic show in London, I think that a thread to gather all these links could be an interesting reading for everybody. 

Here is a French article very positive about the wheel :

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/trottinette-electrique/uniwheel-mark-i-p30253/avons-essaye-uniwheel-premiere-gyroroue-vraiment-europeenne-n48125.html

they had only two legitimate complaint about this model: ridiculous battery size (ok it's easily removable so it is not so important) and a limit speed of 18 km/h. For the rest it is certainly from an engineering point of view the best model on the market with plenty of new details that nobody was thinking before. 

10kg for a 16 inch wheel that's seems to be the lightest one in that category 

Ninebot and Solowheel have now a new competitor (budget wise)

Great review, I especially liked the photos. It's good to know they're working on a bigger battery, even just changing the 132Wh to a 160Wh would help and still make the wheel transportable on a plane with a spare battery for a total of 320Wh. The speed limit for EPAMDs here is 25kph (15mph) so I'd like to see it get a little faster there as well. 

Well, the specs are in any case interesting especially 16" for around 10kg and the very high torque as suggested by the experimented journalist. 

I was thinking to invest into a IPS zero which had the same weight, is smaller (14" is more sensitive to irregularities as I understood) and is supposed to be safe as well. Now I am quite undecided. The "made in Europe", the Lipo batteries (longer life expectancy and safer) and all the advertised news details speak for an high technological development. But it is expensive, for sure...

Archived