Any evolution on Gotway MSuper to a V3?

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

We're due to receive a consignment of 840Wh/800W 18" KS in the next 2-3 weeks.

Wrong thread? The topic was Gotway ;)
If buying a KS18 I would take the 800W/ 680 Wh battery and the upgrade from Chris Hettenhausen. Even than I can show you how to drain the battery :)

The current MSuper looks better to use as a starting point to build a safety reliable EU as the compartment has the space needed for additional "options" to become safety reliable by replacing the motor anyway to a different setup.

19 hours ago, OliverH said:

I'm curious if there will be no update for the MSuper on design, lights? The V1 and V2 are out now for some time and the market made some evolution with KS18 for example. Is there anything coming up for Q1 2016?

I am waiting for this evolution too. Specifically the incorporation of a solid high speed tilt back feature could seal the deal for me. Dont understand what is taking them so long...get with the program, Gotway!

17 hours ago, Cloud said:

I am waiting for this evolution too. Specifically the incorporation of a solid high speed tilt back feature could seal the deal for me. Dont understand what is taking them so long...get with the program, Gotway!

@Cloud there is safety feature. They made it so fast that it scares you and makes you lean back on your own. Also I have already noticed the msuper2 does tilt back the faster you go.

5 hours ago, logos122 said:

@Cloud there is safety feature. They made it so fast that it scares you and you lean make on your own. Also I have already noticed the msuper2 does tilt back the faster you go.

Yep. I noticed this too. It is not abrupt, nor severe, but it does tilt back.

2 hours ago, h00ktern said:

Yep. I noticed this too. It is not abrupt, nor severe, but it does tilt back.

7 hours ago, logos122 said:

@Cloud there is safety feature. They made it so fast that it scares you and makes you lean back on your own. Also I have already noticed the msuper2 does tilt back the faster you go.

Ok , good start, so there is a tilt back then, but does the tilt back make it IMPOSSIBLE to continue riding at a dangerous speed? If not, it only serves a WARNiNG which is a lower level safety feature, sort of like beeping.

tilting fast so as to scare you may be more dangerous than not having the tilt back at all. You dont want to be scared at 40kph. This can throw you off the wheel. However, i dont know how this actually feels so my sentiment is purely speculative.

i like Kingsong tiltback as it is gentle and gradual and should not scare you or make you lose balance, and at the same time if you keep accelerating the pedals will go all the way up MAKING you slow down.

I can't say "impossible" -

I didn't really notice it in the beginning. It took weeks of riding it before I thought I noticed it, and then specifically looking for it to occur before I came to the conclusion it's there. Now, I can pretty much feel it when it comes on, and use it as an "alarm." I'm almost confident enough with it that I am actually considering setting one audible alarm, a few kph shy of it, as my "warning."

That said, I am still trying to nail down if it occurs as a result of current drain, or speed. I know that we are the only ones saying there is a tilt-back. Perhaps we are noticing something other than a standard tilt-back, due to speed perhaps, and the eu is doing it's magical balancing act. I dunno brother. All I can say is that I *feel* the pedals drift back, and see that the eu is tilted backwards x° more than it was before it came on.

I won't tell you, or anyone, that the MSuper2 has a safety tilt-back programmed in. Nor can I say that it can't be driven over the cliff. I'm only saying that from my two months of riding it, that I'm beginning to have some faith that the eu is doing it for some reason, and that I'm not scared reaching it. Dare I jinx it and say that I am looking to rely it? Lol.

It definitely is not like KS's tilt-back, that increases the more you push it, effectively counteracting your desire. It's more like a "hey buddy...remember...you're on one wheel...traveling faster than you can sprint." Lol

i ride my msuper2 to the limit almost everytime I ride and i wouldnot say its a tiltback meant as a wat to slow the rider down. I think its just there to keep your from overleaning and feeling your to far forwards. Im so happy with my msuper

I for one tend to get carried away and would either push the thing beyond the limit ( which may be lower considering my weight) or id be constantly scared to approach the limit ( which is not a nice feeling to rid with) . In either case, knowing there is a tilt back that doesnt just i form you the limit is coming but rather stops you from riding ( a fool proof tiltback) woukd be very beneficial ( at least in my case), and could give me much more confidence when riding.

Totally acceptable request. I probably push it farther than a careful, smart person would, but when doing so, I try to stay vigilant on what I am doing. When up there, I try to be smooth, and not create current spikes.

Fyi, my nephew just got off it in the last hour, and couldn't feel the tiltback. Similarly, he didn't notice the KS14's tiltback. To clarify, he's been riding a stock setting, MCM4, and this was his first session hitting 35+kph, and 30kph respectively; he was concentrating on staying in control, and I think that overwhelmed his senses - even though I told him when to look for it.

He does know what tilt-back is, since the OEM setting on his MCM4 causes tilt-back so early, that he cruises in tilt-back - and hates it, lol

I believe if one takes time before spanking it, you learn it's manners and subsequently, you are able to notice the tilt-back because you aren't concentrating on the speed. In other words, the more hours you get under your belt at higher speeds, the more comfortable you become, and more of your senses become free to feel the subtle tilt-back (which I also never felt in the beginning, but feel it is unmistakable now.)

And I will add to that...

Tilt-back on the KS will come on earlier and I think more pronounced (relatively speaking,) the further down on S.O.C (maybe 1/4 charge and lower) you ride. It does seem to be well programmed and effective.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/16/2015 at 4:07 AM, OliverH said:

I'm curious if there will be no update for the MSuper on design, lights? The V1 and V2 are out now for some time

I'm interested in seeing information about MSuper v1. I can't find anything. If there's a v2 and v3, it's logical to suppose there must have been a v1. Does anyone have links to descriptions of MSuper v1 and photos or videos about it? I would like to see how MSuper evolved from the beginning.

3 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I'm interested in seeing information about MSuper v1. I can't find anything. If there's a v2 and v3, it's logical to suppose there must have been a v1. Does anyone have links to descriptions of MSuper v1 and photos or videos about it? I would like to see how MSuper evolved from the beginning.

the only difference between v1 and v2 was a bit wider shell, other than that there where no differences and the v1 is not very common...and known because of that...

@Tilmann "owned" one...but it is confiscated by stupid german justice....

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

the only difference between v1 and v2 was a bit wider shell, other than that there where no differences and the v1 is not very common...and known because of that...

@Tilmann "owned" one...but it is confiscated by stupid german justice....

Jepp, differences between V1 and V2 were minimal. V1 is about 1cm wider, but you would not be able to tell from videos. I only found a German review:

Not sure, if I recall correctly: I think, the V1 maxed out at 680Wh battery, the V2 had a 8xxWh option.

Both featured 3 versions: HT (high torque, 28km/h max.), MS (middle speed, 34km/h max.) and HS (high speed, something around 38km/h max.).

Archived