Beta test Program

Jurgen

They are saying that it's a rated power of 1500W not peak power.

You are making all your assumptions on the batteries that most eucs are using at the moment and it is a sad fact that we are only able to use a very small portion of the power that is stored in those as their output drops so significantly as the voltage drops.

If these alternative batteries are able to deliver reliably down to a lower state of charge then that will be a real game changer.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing if they are able to deliver all that is promised.

Yes, I am assuming some things, I don't deny that. But a lot of it is based on what is known as well. It is already wildly known that the 500W motors can achieve 25km/h and many able to push 30km/h. To me it just doesn't make any sense when they claim 1500W motor yet it only goes 22km/h. It's like saying a 1000cc motorcycle that has a max speed of 100mph(160kmh). I hope they have a break through that changes the game, this only helps us riders. My point was on the Watt output of the motor and the max speed. I'm sure you read their site. They claim 1500W high efficiency motor delivers all the power you need. Whether you are a hill climber or a speed demon, there is enough power for you. We seem to have a lot of speed demons on this forum. But no speed demon is going to be satisfied with 22kmh(13.67mph). I love the design, love wheel size, love the idea of replicable bumpers, love the battery pack idea, love the pedals. I hate the price because the lack of distance and the low max speed. With a big motor, a customer should get more speed and distance. They can just put a 500W motor. You can get more mileage per charge and easily maintain that 22kmh. That should bring the cost down as well. Then again if I was just buying for looks, I'd buy one! 

14 hours ago, NevNutz said:

Yes, I am assuming some things, I don't deny that. But a lot of it is based on what is known as well. It is already wildly known that the 500W motors can achieve 25km/h and many able to push 30km/h. To me it just doesn't make any sense when they claim 1500W motor yet it only goes 22km/h. It's like saying a 1000cc motorcycle that has a max speed of 100mph(160kmh). I hope they have a break through that changes the game, this only helps us riders. My point was on the Watt output of the motor and the max speed. I'm sure you read their site. They claim 1500W high efficiency motor delivers all the power you need. Whether you are a hill climber or a speed demon, there is enough power for you. We seem to have a lot of speed demons on this forum. But no speed demon is going to be satisfied with 22kmh(13.67mph). I love the design, love wheel size, love the idea of replicable bumpers, love the battery pack idea, love the pedals. I hate the price because the lack of distance and the low max speed. With a big motor, a customer should get more speed and distance. They can just put a 500W motor. You can get more mileage per charge and easily maintain that 22kmh. That should bring the cost down as well. Then again if I was just buying for looks, I'd buy one! 

Hi There,

thanks you for complementing the design and our features. I would like to clarfiy the power issue our motor is 1500W the simple calculation for the power is P= Te x ?. Which is speed times torque; Our design intent was to make sure that the Uniwheel has enough torque to keep a european heavy rider without being over powered, therefore we had to compromise on the speed (i.e lower the Kv motor constant).

Lastly I would like to point out that 1500W is what the motor can deliver continuously for up to 10 minutes, but as you point out you don't use the whole 1500W at all times, normal cursing on a silky smooth road consume about 150W-250W so you have the 80% power reserve. 500W motor wouldn't give you the torque required and wouldn't be safe enough to meet our requirements.

If you have any more technical questions please feel free to ask our uniwheel team.

With regards

Uniwheel London

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 11:13 PM, NevNutz said:

Well being the they state 1500W motor, I think it's a good guess that it peak power because It doesn't make sense that a 1500W motor can only go 22km/h. Plus with a true 1500W motor, the 260Wh would not be able to handle the quick Voltage drop a motor of that size would need to operate properly. And even if it could, I likely doubt it you could get 10 miles on one charge due to the amount of energy needed to power a true 1500W motor. If a 500Wh motor can put out enough power to go 30km/h and a 800Wh motor can go 40km/h. Then a 1500Wh should get you to at least 50km/h and that's being modest. I don't think most people would try going that fast anyways, only the daring! ?

It's peak power, but yes indeed a big engine with a tiny petrol tank

It looks like they have focussed in the development on mainly on safety tech and design, sort of  a cool volvo EUC.... while most of the members here are looking for a Porsche or BMW style EUC. This forum is probably not representative for the whole client base; time will tell if the marketing boys got it right :ph34r:

On 1/10/2016 at 3:13 PM, NevNutz said:

Well being the they state 1500W motor, I think it's a good guess that it peak power because It doesn't make sense that a 1500W motor can only go 22km/h. Plus with a true 1500W motor, the 260Wh would not be able to handle the quick Voltage drop a motor of that size would need to operate properly. And even if it could, I likely doubt it you could get 10 miles on one charge due to the amount of energy needed to power a true 1500W motor. If a 500Wh motor can put out enough power to go 30km/h and a 800Wh motor can go 40km/h. Then a 1500Wh should get you to at least 50km/h and that's being modest. I don't think most people would try going that fast anyways, only the daring! ?

I don't think they are quoting peek power.  peek power would be much higher then 1500W.   Solowheel 1500 can have peaks of 3000+ watts apparently, so if solowheel was quoting peak power they would quote much higher than 1500.    I think uniwheel and solowheel have both made the same decision which is to include a very high power moter but still have low top speed so you can use the extra headroom to going up steep hills and accelerating fast, rather then going at high speed.  

19 hours ago, Sam Clegg said:

I don't think they are quoting peek power.  peek power would be much higher then 1500W.   Solowheel 1500 can have peaks of 3000+ watts apparently, so if solowheel was quoting peak power they would quote much higher than 1500.    I think uniwheel and solowheel have both made the same decision which is to include a very high power moter but still have low top speed so you can use the extra headroom to going up steep hills and accelerating fast, rather then going at high speed.  

I admit I could very well be wrong about this, I'm sometimes a bit sceptical about things that sound very good.

We still have not seen the final product, and there were not a lot of spec communicated from the start.

If the wheel delivers 75% of what their marketing boys promise, I'm much looking forward to try it out, , the proof of the pudding is in the eating:)

Archived