Sydney - Australia

Kwing

Hey Peter,

Wow read about your fall! You getting better? 

I ride a TG but am looking to upgrade to ninebot next year if I am serious. 

I am planning weekend rides on  various spots in Sydney including waterfronts if you are interested and when you are well. Range won't be more than 8-12km cause my TG doesn't go far at all unfortunately :( ....

Would love to hear your experience on the ninebot as well. 

Yeah mate, getting better. I work in a bar so recovery is slow at the moment.

Ninebot experience has been good. It's really smooth and learning curve was pretty short, I just got a bit too over confident with myself.

Definitely know some great waterfront locations around Sydney we can ride in the future.

Have you guys had any response to you riding in public from the local cops in Sydney, I'm in Newcastle/Maitland area but so far have just been using mine at the local skate park or in Caravan parks when I'm away in my Motorhome usually for about 1/2 hr at a time. I have a AirWheel Q3 only had it since Oct it was 60th birthday present to myself and I'm loving it. I do get sore feet from riding it though.

Hey Phil,

No. I am fine so far. I have been riding everywhere near the inner west. Mine you I haven't been down to the cbd area yet. 

So in  NSW it's OK to ride on the sidewalk and share with pedestrians.  You are not allowed to ride on the roads.  

On 16/12/2015 at 8:01 AM, Phil Howell said:

Have you guys had any response to you riding in public from the local cops in Sydney, I'm in Newcastle/Maitland area but so far have just been using mine at the local skate park or in Caravan parks when I'm away in my Motorhome usually for about 1/2 hr at a time. I have a AirWheel Q3 only had it since Oct it was 60th birthday present to myself and I'm loving it. I do get sore feet from riding it though.

Report back. First time riding on the streets at the rocks including many cops...  they were just looking with curiosity nothing more thank God.. 

Hi, Have ridden Nth Syd, across the coat hanger, around opera house and around to Balmain a few times. Never had any drama but we wear helmets and are always very aware of pedestrians to not frighten anyone.

Some really great scenery around the harbour, always have a great time. We're from Newcastle area but worth the drive down to ride, great harbour and good pathways. Will be up for a group ride np

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there you guys still looking to recruit more sydney riders? I'm in newtown, but I'm willing to explore further

I'm also on twitter - @dizimatt I'd love to know when you're next planning to ride, I'd love to come and join you

I am riding a very little-known, euc called a Topjoy Pinwheel. It may be less well-known, but it is proving to be a nice nippy little thing, especially withstood all my bushings in the learning stages 

Matt

Hey Matt,

Welcome! I actually live near Zetland and can definitely meet up (and drag Peter along) for a ride. Can even drive up to Newcastle and meet the guys up there for a ride if they are up for it. Dying to build a community here in Sydney.

How far can your Pinwheel go?  Where do you normally go? I just did an amazing trip through from Fish Market round glebe cross Anzac Bridge through Darling harbor cross the Harbour Bridge and back home. 

Unfortunately I have cut myself practicing going backwards real bad with stitches so will be grounded for a couple of weeks. 

my email is kwing1980@hotmail.com. Let's keep in touch. Sorry I dont have twitter.

K

Hey Jan..

I don't think age is an issue here... ;) where are you located? would love to do another waterfront ride once I get my stitches out. 

I have plans to do a long ride from flemington to Tempe too.

Do you guys use Facebook? Thinking of starting a Fb group 

• 1 month later...

Hi all I am a newbie to it but Live out Camden(2570) Just signed up here looking for others to ride with, still learning atm, bit slow as I am recovering from a patella dislocation and should not even be walking unaided, but these are so much fun.. Noticed talking about police and I have been pulled over twice. They were more interested in having a go than anything else. They are very onto the 2 wheel self balance boards as their is legislation against them and segways. They basically said that it does not fit under said legislation as it only has one wheel and legislation only talks about 2,3 and 4 wheels.  wishing you all a good day :)

9 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Hi all I am a newbie to it but Live out Camden(2570) Just signed up here looking for others to ride with, still learning atm, bit slow as I am recovering from a patella dislocation and should not even be walking unaided, but these are so much fun.. Noticed talking about police and I have been pulled over twice. They were more interested in having a go than anything else. They are very onto the 2 wheel self balance boards as their is legislation against them and segways. They basically said that it does not fit under said legislation as it only has one wheel and legislation only talks about 2,3 and 4 wheels.  wishing you all a good day :)

Hey Dr Bob.. welcome welcome! Do you have fb? Come join our group.  We have a small but chatty group :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/443510199166998/

Archived