VIDEO - INMOTION V3 electric unicycle - First looks and mini review.

John Eucist

I never understood the value of the Bluetooth feature. You wouldn't use it with headphones would you? That's not even legal around here, you can't ride any kind of wheeled vehicle with headphones on. Without headphones, the noise of the surroundings is going to overcome any music.

I never understood the value of the Bluetooth feature. You wouldn't use it with headphones would you? That's not even legal around here, you can't ride any kind of wheeled vehicle with headphones on. Without headphones, the noise of the surroundings is going to overcome any music.

Where is "here", please edit your profil. Thanks

Thanks. Good you are not in Maryland...smile

The first one with 15mph maybe ok, but the second.....I have to have both hands on the EPAMD device or I am not suposed to carry like two weight bars or 2 cheesburger (in each hand one), because I get out of balance....AND I am as person.....so my pockets better empty and no back pack allowed.

• An EPAMD may not be operated at a speed in excess of 15 mph. (TR § 21-1205.1)
  • A person cannot carry anything that prevents them from keeping both hands on the handlebars or that interferes with the view or balance of their bicycle, motor scooter, or EPAMD. (TR § 21-1206)

I am not suposed to carry like two weight bars or 2 cheesburger (in each hand one), because I get out of balance.

I live in the USA and carry 2 cheeseburgers with me all the time!  :P

The laws here have not figured out what to do with electric unicycles, the handlebar part definitely cannot apply! I am guessing you would only get in trouble if you had a grocery bag in each hand and were looking like you were off balance. I ride with a backpack all the time, no problem.

DM, it is much more then streaming music, you have all the specs and controls over the eu with the app on smartphone, even update firmware. Yes, this model kicks the crap over features it has over my Airwheel Q3, for the same price, too bad it was (and still) not available for me in the US to buy at the time... 

Metric, that DOES sound good! I think we have to assume that all the EU models will be getting better quickly and our current models will look bad by comparison. By this time next year, Apple will have a gold plated EU model for $10,000.  :D

Oh come on, apple doesn't sell anything for less than quadruple keystone markup! $10k is wayyy too cheap for a luxury model from them!! Lol. In all seriousness I would expect a large number of wheels from lots of manufacturers until it becomes hard to separate brands. Then most companies will fail and only the best reputation ones to survive.

Apart from Inventist, Ninebot is one company I can count on. Pretty much any Chinese manufacturer can make an EU with little effort, even though they were never in this space before. That's why there are countless brands on the market. Seen today gone tomorrow. Ninebot has other products just like Segways so it is their best interest to stay in the same business for long.  Gotway and Rockwheel are all reputable with commitment ( from what I see from their facebook). IPS and Firewheel appears committed too. This industry is so emerging it's hard to track all. Hope some trade group exists and doing just that.

• 9 months later...
On 4/9/2015 at 7:17 PM, MetricUSA said:

DM, it is much more then streaming music, you have all the specs and controls over the eu with the app on smartphone, even update firmware. Yes, this model kicks the crap over features it has over my Airwheel Q3, for the same price, too bad it was (and still) not available for me in the US to buy at the time... 

How does the motor power compare to the Q3, not official specs, but actual the actual power of the wheel? Inmotion 450w but not sure if rated/nominal or peak, and the Q3 800w peak.

On 8 апреля 2015 г. at 2:07 PM, dmethvin said:

I never understood the value of it either, until i tried it. Now i ride with the music most of the time. No, the surrounding noise does not overcome the music if you are riding a kingsong. Music makes you look super cool - its as simple as that. Besides, listening to it and riding makes me relax. I dance on the wheel as i ride it to the music - dancing is therpeutical.

14 hours ago, checho said:

How does the motor power compare to the Q3, not official specs, but actual the actual power of the wheel? Inmotion 450w but not sure if rated/nominal or peak, and the Q3 800w peak.

I don't think 800 w is doing much more for Q3, it only doing 15 km/h and 15 km range, can't do steap climbs, more of an energy hog compared to single wheels. Besides if it's 800 peak should be 500 normal...

4 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I don't think 800 w is doing much more for Q3, it only doing 15 km/h and 15 km range, can't do steap climbs, more of an energy hog compared to single wheels. Besides if it's 800 peak should be 500 normal...

Exactly, Q3 is NOT a 800W motor, this is the PEAK rating, by comparison a good KS Or GW can produce 3,500W of peak. 

The V3S has two parallel series of the V3Pro of V3C, it should therefore deliver more sustained power or have over twice the cut-out threshold of these other two models. 

Archived