Add a joke to lighten our day...

Andy_T

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"My 16 year old daughter came home from school today in a rage."  She said "Daddy, I just had a sex education class today, you lied to me, you said if I have sex with my boyfriend he would die!"  "Oh, he will, sweetheart, he will."

4 hours ago, Jurgen said:

Don't show this to your wife if you want to stay maried:

Funny!  Stay below a level of 5 crazy and above a level of 7 hotness, that's the wife zone.  And the crazy zone can vary, so you have to build up a database to get an idea how crazy she usually is.  

19 hours ago, steve454 said:

Funny!  Stay below a level of 5 crazy and above a level of 7 hotness, that's the wife zone.  And the crazy zone can vary, so you have to build up a database to get an idea how crazy she usually is.  

I found myself a unicorn :)

As much as I enjoy a good laugh, no matter what the subject matter. I think the trend to female bashing EDIT and sexualisation..end edit.. jokes should probably be reigned in a bit, well completely actually.  We have a few female members, and this is an open forum, so the possibility for offence is 100%.  

Imagine if you will, every other joke a male bashing joke,. It would certainly get old/offensive quite quickly.  Although I have repped a few of the above, off color jokes, I wonder if, for the sake of not offending future readers in perpetuity, if the authors of said jokes might now consider removing them via the "hide" option afforded the respective authors.

just a thought.

This is a remarkably civil forum, but there is nothing civil about bashing 51% of the worlds population.  

29 minutes ago, Smoother said:

As much as I enjoy a good laugh, no matter what the subject matter. I think the trend to female bashing jokes should probably be reigned in a bit, well completely actually.  We have a few female members, and this is an open forum, so the possibility for offence is 100%.  

Imagine if you will, every other joke a male bashing joke,. It would certainly get old/offensive quite quickly.  Although I have repped a few of the above, off color jokes, I wonder if, for the sake of not offending future readers in perpetuity, if the authors of said jokes might now consider removing them via the "hide" option afforded the respective authors.

just a thought.

This is a remarkably civil forum, but there is nothing civil about bashing 51% of the worlds population.  

I agree some jokes are a bit on the edge for me, and not really that funny.

On  the other hand, it's all about perspective. > 90% Women are really wonderful, and >10% of men are real *holes, for me this kind of sums it all up.

There's however also something as the right of free speech.

Society is keen on social engineer our kids into political correct AI's, trying to avoid just about anything (even the tiniest bit) that might offend anybody anywhere in the world, if you give into that there's always somebodies good reason to censor free speech (f.ex. Erdogan with that German comic entertainer).

On 16 February 2017 at 10:07 AM, Jurgen said:

There's however also something as the right of free speech.

Society is keen on social engineer our kids into political correct AI's, trying to avoid just about anything (even the tiniest bit) that might offend anybody anywhere in the world, if you give into that there's always somebodies good reason to censor free speech (f.ex. Erdogan with that German comic entertainer).

There is no one on this plant who rants against the damage done by political correctness, more than me;  In fact I was just ranting to my partner about it not 30 minutes ago.  HOWEVER, this is an EUC forum, and in the rules we all agreed to, there is wording about offensive content.  And bashing a specific group, for no other reason than the group exists, is offensive .

Additionally, non of these jokes have anything to do with EUCs, so they are not a natural part or this forum.  

Free speech is about speaking your mind but offensive speech, simply to get a laugh, does not belong in this forum. Or do you feel that everyone who has posted a female bashing joke is exercising his right to hate women? Because, I suspect every one of those "posters" has a woman that he loves, and doesn't, in fact,  hate women.

Feel free to continue to enjoy off color jokes somewhere else, as I will too, if I come across them, but it has got out of hand here, and really has no place here.  I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, it's just grown from one female bashing joke, and now it's starting to get out of hand.

when it becomes acceptable to bash women; because everyone is doing it, who's next, men, gays, people from Belgium?  This is exactly the pattern of behaviour  that forced political correctness on us in the first place; because "bashing" was becoming institutionalised, and therefore, acceptable; unless you were in the group being bashed, of course.

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

There is no one on this plant who rants against the damage done by political correctness, more than me;  In fact I was just ranting to my partner about it not 30 minutes ago.  HOWEVER, this is an EUC forum, and in the rules we all agreed to, there is wording about offensive content.  And bashing a specific group, for no other reason than the group exists, is offensive .

Additionally, non of these jokes have anything to do with EUCs, so they are not a natural part or this forum.  

Free speech is about speaking your mind but offensive speech, simply to get a laugh, does not belong in this forum. Or do you feel that everyone who has posted a female bashing joke is exercising his right to hate women? Because, I suspect every one of those "posters" has a woman that he loves, and doesn't, in fact,  hate women.

Feel free to continue to enjoy off color jokes somewhere else, as I will too, if I come across them, but it has got out of hand here, and really has no place here.  I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, it's just grown from one female bashing joke, to a torrent, and now it's big enough not to be brushed aside, or ignored.

when it becomes acceptable to bash women; because everyone is doing it, who's next, men, gays, people from Belgium?  This is exactly the pattern of behaviour  that forced political correctness on us in the first place; because "bashing" was becoming institutionalised, and therefore, acceptable; unless you were in the group being bashed, of course.

So, if I understand you correctly, you feel only jokes about EUCs are permissible here?

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

HOWEVER, this is an EUC forum [...] non of these jokes have anything to do with EUCs, so they are not a natural part or this forum.

and this is under off topic discussions.

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

when it becomes acceptable to bash women; because everyone is doing it, who's next, men, gays, people from Belgium?

we are talking about jokes, aren't we? To consider making jokes about women, men, gays, Belgians as bashing women, men, gays, Belgiums sounds to me quite absurd. Man, these are jokes, they are not serious.

Just saying, I don't mind either way, so please ban sexist jokes from the forum if you want to, I won't object.

For those who think (edit.. It's ok, end edit) " it's just a joke". Here's a link that spells out why this is a problem.  I don't expect many to click on it and read it, but, if you really think it's ok to marginalise a group through " humour " you owe it to yourself to  invest a few minutes and read what professionals say about the subject.

http://theconversation.com/psychology-behind-the-unfunny-consequences-of-jokes-that-denigrate-63855

edit. A short quote from the bottom of the article in the above link.  The article is not long, and not hard to read. (Disparage : to belittle. )

"Psychology research suggests that disparagement humor is far more than “just a joke.” Regardless of its intent, when prejudiced people interpret disparagement humor as “just a joke” intended to make fun of its target and not prejudice itself, it can have serious social consequences as a releaser of prejudice."

Right, there is virtually nothing with which you can't do harm. Yet the harm of censoring must be weighted against the harm of "bad" jokes. One could also argue that the harm is done with the perception of the joke, not with the joke itself.

I suggest to open a thread "Add a sexist joke to lighten your day..." and move/post any sexist jokes there. That should serve the purpose of everybody and solve the problem, as nobody will go there if they don't want to read sexist jokes.

There's a chicken sunbathing at a Costa Blanca beach.

Another chicken walks up and rolls out her towel, pretty close to the other one.

The first chicken says 'Tok'

The 2nd chicken rather angrily replies 'Are you tokking to me?'

Archived