Ninebot One E+ First impressions & experience from a newb

SerpentineGX

Excellent, first class! Thanks for the video.

Would you please share some details about the cam. 

Cheers!

The Sony AZ1 is a nice little camera. I like the size and the picture quality is very good. YouTube crunches the video so you really don't get to see all the clarity as the original cut. The image stabilization is a nice feature and works great, main reason why I chose this cam. Also, you have to have a smart phone or the optional wrist remote to change settings. You cannot do it from the cam itself, which is a big downer. I wish I could give you more details about the cam but I'm still learning it myself. However, I do have a cheap 64gb Class 10 Micro SDHC Card that works most of the time. I'll be getting a Micro SDXC soon to see if that remedies anything.

Just registered here to thank you SerpentineGX for posting this review.

I received my 9b1 E+ in the beginning of May and started my training on my lawn first, then moved on to the garage and a few weeks later I am riding it daily along traffic with no big issues. I mainly got it for commuting as I have one steep hill on my way to work that would make me dripping in sweat if I used the bike.

For your amusement some moving pictures from the lawn-training
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Ip0kByVCE

Congratulations on your wheel! NIce video, thanks for sharring! You get to practice on a nice smooth lawn, very nice. Hills are part of the reasons I chose a wheel over a bike too. I didn't want to go to work dripping in sweat. Plus, the EUC is different than everything out there, it's new...and I wanted one. :) I can't imagine not having one anymore. It's part of my daily routine.

Hi there I too have a ninebot one e but must say I have not issues with the unit shaking and have updated the firmware on my bot as well.if it's happening around the 10/12kmh mark are u sure u don't have the limited speed setting activated as this set at that speed?

Also as the wheel nears the speed limit it shouldn't shake or oscillate but simply tilt the foot plates up.I must say I haven't had any issues with mine (touch wood ;) ).Have you spoken to Ian at speedyfeet.uk as he is extremely helpful as well as knowledgeable with regards to all things ninebot one.

SpeedyFeet.uk is great. Ian has great videos outlining the Ninebot One. If there is anything I need to do too my wheel I refer to their YouTube channel. A lot of good stuff there.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on your wheel! NIce video, thanks for sharring! You get to practice on a nice smooth lawn, very nice. Hills are part of the reasons I chose a wheel over a bike too. I didn't want to go to work dripping in sweat. Plus, the EUC is different than everything out there, it's new...and I wanted one. :) I can't imagine not having one anymore. It's part of my daily routine.

Thanks mate, I got all the same reasons for getting one. Hehe. I chose the lawn specifically to learn privately, on a non-flat but soft surface, all for my and the 9B1's health (scratches). I am currently on the fourth week to use it for daily commute and it does the job flawlessly. It hasnt rained yet while I had to ride it though, I will need to find out what clothing is needed to stay businesslike on days like those. How often do you check/adjust your tire pressure? I have the feeling mine is loosing some air very slowly. Had to pump it twice already.

Thanks mate, I got all the same reasons for getting one. Hehe. I chose the lawn specifically to learn privately, on a non-flat but soft surface, all for my and the 9B1's health (scratches). I am currently on the fourth week to use it for daily commute and it does the job flawlessly. It hasnt rained yet while I had to ride it though, I will need to find out what clothing is needed to stay businesslike on days like those. How often do you check/adjust your tire pressure? I have the feeling mine is loosing some air very slowly. Had to pump it twice already.

I was about to go out and ride again, right now, but it we just got hit by a flash flood warning. It's pouring outside. At least I was able to get in about 16 miles earlier today. Riding in the rain there's really nothing you can do accept maybe put rain gear over your clothes. I suppose you could put your "work" clothes in a backpack and just change at work. 

I usually check my tire weekly, give or take a day. Get a Tire Valve Extender if you don't have one already. It will make checking and filling your tire way more convenient. Works flawless for me. It's a staple in my backpack should I ever need it. I like to ride at about 45psi but often fill it higher to about 50-55psi to get better mileage, but the ride is rough. I deflate to about 40psi when I know I need to constantly ride slow, around people or at a car show, to give me better control. I have a cheap bicycle foot pump that has a gauge. It works for the time being. Might get a better one in the future.

9B1-ValveExtender-serpentinegx.jpg

how do you all ride back and forth to work I would be covered in sweat and my feet would be very sore?  hey jewel of my electric unicycle don't get me wrong I just don't feel confident enough to ride all the way to work and there's to sweat issue I just mentioned

Once you get confident on the wheel riding it from a to b is practically effortless and you will sweat less than you would walking at a leasurly pace.

The hard work and sweat of learning soon passes. :)

My first few KMs on the thing were hellish. Numb feed, wobbly knees, sweating from head to toe, all muscles tense like a rock. I cracked 200km today and as Gimlet said, its more and more effortless. When the 9b1 got delivered I started to train every day for 2 weeks, first day just for 5 minutes, the following days I stopped when I felt tired. In the end I went for a leisure-cruise to the office and back (on a sunday, nice weather) to find out how long it would take me. And I've been using it ever since, sometimes my feed get numb if I dont pay attention to my stance but its no big issue anymore.

@SerpentineGX I got some weather gear from my old bicycle days, but the re-dressing in the office sounds like a better idea if its raining. ;)

OK, will get a valve extension then, although its easy to unscrew to repressurize, but if you have to do this once per week the extension helps a lot.

thanks for the inspiration I don't really understand why my feet hurt so bad I know this stuff I move on when we are never seems to help also there's this one guy at that sent me a really really long tire extension no longer an extension you can get the easier also I live in Washington DC in this time of year it's very very hot and it makes it hard sometimes to use the unicycle

@bmadonna1401 How do position your feet while you ride? Do you touch the wheel anywhere besides with your footsoles while riding on a flat easy surface? I tend to move my stance away from the sides of the bot not touching it at all and have a very slight V position with my feet (toes farther apart then heels). If my feet get somehow positioned in a A position I feel uncomfy very soon and have to reposition. To ease numb feed I stand on the heel with one foot while tiptoeing on the other foot, hold it for a moment then switch and hold it. Same if only one foot goes numb.

thanks for the inspiration I don't really understand why my feet hurt so bad I know this stuff I move on when we are never seems to help also there's this one guy at that sent me a really really long tire extension no longer an extension you can get the easier also I live in Washington DC in this time of year it's very very hot and it makes it hard sometimes to use the unicycle

Try different pairs of shoes. That might help your foot fatigue? I tried using my driving shoes (Puma Cats) at first and found my feet hurt quickly. Then I tried my low top Vans (no inner cushion) and my feet still hurt. Then I got some Vans Chukka's (mid top skate shoes with arch support) and now my feet like me again. I can roll about 10 miles or so with no problems. I also pair them with socks that can dissipate sweat so my feet don't move around too much in my shoes, which in turn gives me better grip on my peddles. It's very hot here in Southern California this time of year too...actually, just about all year long.

Hope that helps some. :) 

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2015 at 1:49 AM, Shady Tools said:

Can't your son find the odd version & re-download it? That's what I do with an app I watch films on my phone with (Showbox). Whenever an update makes something worse I go back to an old version if possible.

Hope this helps & your son recovers.

well you don't need to switch to older version, they have fixed all the bugs and errors on new 4.72 version update.

Archived