KS-18A 800w 680wh

Sweet M

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Specifications for those interested.............

Top Speed: ~25 mph (40 kph) (adjustable initial beep at ~ 13 mph (22 kph))

Distance: ~43-50 miles (70-80 km) ( of course, depends on rider weight, terrain, and temp)

Climbing Hills: ~30°

Battery Packs: 680Wh (comes in a 520Wh as well)

Charger Input: International AC 80~240 V, Output: 67.2V、2A

Max Load: 330 Lbs (150 Kg)

Charging Time: About 5.5 Hours

Battery Lifespan: >1000 times

Rated Power: 800W

Machine Size: H= 26.75" (680mm)    L= 18.25" (465mm)    H= 7.5" (190mm)

Pedal Distance from Ground: 5.16" (130mm)

Net weight: 39 Lbs (18 Kg)

King Song 18

I want one.  This is the same version that has been around a long time already, right?  Try searching "king song 18" here.

In the possibly official website they have a red one and recently wasn't there an orange one?  I seem to recall a blue one also for Australia possibly.  The original is 500w motor but in the US we can get the 800w - the seller is on this forum.  Also you've seen the video of 4 guys riding white ones - not sure, were they riding to Tibet?  I could be confusing the cross-country excursions with the Gotway 18  :lol:  but they do long trips on these.

19 minutes ago, Sweet M said:

To my knowledge, which isn't much since in relative terms I'm new to the EU world. this is now in production and being released next month.  Who knows...........

It's already available for distribution stateside, just got my KS-18 800W 680wh earlier this month from @KaleOsaurusRex, loving it!

1 hour ago, Viktiga said:

But what is the upside with 18" ? Isn't the same motor and battery in ks 14c?

Yes same specs as KS-14. Upside is mainly less worrying about potholes / terrain. Also can sit and way easier access to inflate tire

18 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yes same specs as KS-14. Upside is mainly less worrying about potholes / terrain. Also can sit and way easier access to inflate tire

The sitting parts seems kind of comfortable, might be a good idea if your commuting longer distances:P. Thanks for the answer.

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

It's already available for distribution stateside, just got my KS-18 800W 680wh earlier this month from @KaleOsaurusRex, loving it!

Thanks House!  Helps to clear things up for me!  That's where I'm getting mine too but guess they're simply out of stock at this time.  He's expecting another shipment around November 10th.  Care to share some of your experiences and pros/cons?

4 minutes ago, Sweet M said:

Thanks House!  Helps to clear things up for me!  That's where I'm getting mine too but guess they're simply out of stock at this time.  He's expecting another shipment around November 10th.  Care to share some of your experiences and pros/cons?

Yeah, across the board, the early stocks of all these new-ish EUC's seem to come in rounds of to-order shipments from China.

IMO (rode the KS-18a for  ~3 wks now, owned a Ninebot One E+ prior):

Pros:

• 800W motor power: Most apparent going uphill. My NB1E+ went uphill fine, but it was a struggle (tiltback, etc.). The KS-18 doesn't break a sweat.

• 680wh battery: More than the obvious range of a bigger battery, the increased cell count allows you to stress the EUC more (uphill, accel) since the load is spread across more cells.

• 18" wheel: The bigger wheel is just better at absorbing bumps and the sort. Also makes you feel safer going higher speeds.

• Design: Although this is subjective, I dig it (my KS-18 is black). I've been mistaken for a motorcycle at times, *smh* ha!

• Included Features: I used to feel unsafe at night riding on NYC streets because my NB1E+ had no built-in, responsive front or tail lights. This was an important factor for me  getting the KS-18 (over the powerhouse Gotway MSuper 18"). The 4 bluetooth speakers and USB charging port are nice to have as well.

• Comfort / Ergonomics: Although I would say the Ninebot One series are the most comfortable EUCs, the cushioning on these feel firm and very comfortable. Would be nice to have massive pedals like the ones on the MSuper, but it's not that big a deal with me, being a shoe size US8.5.

• Height: With the KS-18 being so tall, in situations where you need to carry/wheel around your EUC, you can just push with the handle, sans trolley handle attachment (although a little bit low for me at 5'8"). Also, the height lets you sit while riding, as King Song includes a cushion/seat (have yet to master this). The sitting also applies when you're not riding; instant seat!

Cons:

• Portability: Obviously, the KS-18 is not gonna travel well, like, say, in an airplane overhead compartment. That's not what it's meant for. Interestingly though, the extra 10lbs the KS-18 has over a NB1 (~30lbs) does not feel heavier when lifting.

• Softer Drive: Although this is subjective, the drive of I believe all King Songs is a bit softer than that of a Gotway or Ninebot, which have harder responses.

• Hard to Park: Because of the height & size, the KS-18 is not the greatest when you need to quickly set the unpowered unit down somewhere, say while paying a cashier, etc. Wish they made some sort of motorcycle style kickstand.

• App/Firmware: It seems that none of these companies are good at doing mobile apps, except for Ninebot. You can search here in the forums, but there are current bugs in the software that won't let me set tiltback speed or change the ride mode. Also, even if the app were fully functional, it doesn't tell you an exact battery percentage, so the only indication is the 10 physical bars on the unit itself. Would also love to have the constant firmware upgrades like that of the Ninebot.

• Domestic Parts Support: Also unlike Ninebot, no distributors stock parts locally (shells, inner tubes, etc.). You would need to order from the King Song factory in China.

Hope that helps!

1 minute ago, BPINE said:

hmm I was very interested in this one but a max speed of 15.5 seems a bit slow.

I don't know where those specs come from, but it's wrong.

Lift test, mine max's out at 45km/h before cutout. I'm too scared to try and actually go that fast, but think I've reached 30km/h. Someone on here or the FB EUC forum claims they had a cutout @ 31km/h with their 800W 680wh KS

House,

Helps a bunch!  I also am 5' 8" and shoe size 8.5, so I can gather a lot from your info.  Bummer about the APP deficiencies though!  How's a guy supposed to take advantage of some of the unique benefits of the KS 18 if the app can't access those functions. Nonetheless.....can't wait to take it for a spin!

Great info!  Thanks again!

1 minute ago, Sweet M said:

House,

Helps a bunch!  I also am 5' 8" and shoe size 8.5, so I can gather a lot from your info.  Bummer about the APP deficiencies though!  How's a guy supposed to take advantage of some of the unique benefits of the KS 18 if the app can't access those functions. Nonetheless.....can't wait to take it for a spin!

Great info!  Thanks again!

No sweat. Personally, I'm not missing much, as mine is default on the hardest ride mode I would choose anyways "Play Mode". I'm just missing a tiltback (can't change the zero value in the app), which I haven't totally been exactly a fan of on the Ninebot (although apparently King Song is supposed to due a more gradual tiltback instead of the NB1's sharp & sudden tiltback).

It would be nice to access the app's sound icon, though, which I have a suspicion sets the beep alarm volume, which would be nice to adjust.

Specs?........I simply got those from a companies website, so of course, I have no actual idea!

Got to admit............. I'm very happy to know that the speed related spec I mistook as being accurate was completely wrong! I'll take it!  :-)

House,

Would ya say that you're able to "cruise" at around 30kph or is there tilt back/other warnings at that speed?  

My current IPS T350+ can cruise at 13 mph (~ 22kph) without beeps or warnings of any kind.  It does sound a slow beep at 22 kph, a faster beep at 24 kph, a sustained beep with non aggressive tilt back at 27 kph, and has a supposed max speed of 30 kph.  

Can ya share how that compares to the KS 18 re: speeds, warnings, etc....?  

It really is awesome to have access to this forum and have the opportunity to learn from everyone's experiences!

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Sweet M said:

House,

Would ya say that you're able to "cruise" at around 30kph or is there tilt back/other warnings at that speed?  

My current IPS T350+ can cruise at 13 mph (~ 22kph) without beeps or warnings of any kind.  It does sound a slow beep at 22 kph, a faster beep at 24 kph, a sustained beep with non aggressive tilt back at 27 kph, and has a supposed max speed of 30 kph.  

Can ya share how that compares to the KS 18 re: speeds, warnings, etc....?  

It really is awesome to have access to this forum and have the opportunity to learn from everyone's experiences!

Thanks!

Again, I can't tell you about tiltback because I cannot set it in the app, it is stuck on zero / off. (although I wanna say I've felt a tiltback at high speeds, but that might be just in my head).

The KS 800W EUC's have 3 levels of speed alarms, all can be set manually in the iOS app. Levels I & II can be turned off, Level III cannot. Max Level III alarm speed is 40km/h. The beep pattern sounds like I: beep, [pause] beep [pause] II: beep beep, [pause], beep beep, [pause].... etc.

The word "cruise" is very subjective. At top speeds on NYC streets, I'm more unnerved due to fear of sudden pedestrians popping up, significant potholes, etc. I imagine this would be different in more ideal situations with less variables. I would say my "cruise" speed would be 24kph, as I can react better.

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Again, I can't tell you about tiltback because I cannot set it in the app, it is stuck on zero / off. (although I wanna say I've felt a tiltback at high speeds, but that might be just in my head).

The KS 800W EUC's have 3 levels of speed alarms, all can be set manually in the iOS app. Levels I & II can be turned off, Level III cannot. Max Level III alarm speed is 40km/h. The beep pattern sounds like I: beep, [pause] beep [pause] II: beep beep, [pause], beep beep, [pause].... etc.

The word "cruise" is very subjective. At top speeds on NYC streets, I'm more unnerved due to fear of sudden pedestrians popping up, significant potholes, etc. I imagine this would be different in more ideal situations with less variables. I would say my "cruise" speed would be 24kph, as I can react better.

Fair enough and fast enough!  How would a person get the iOS app? Not able to find on app store.............

5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

I don't know where those specs come from, but it's wrong.

Lift test, mine max's out at 45km/h before cutout. I'm too scared to try and actually go that fast, but think I've reached 30km/h. Someone on here or the FB EUC forum claims they had a cutout @ 31km/h with their 800W 680wh KS

People who got their kingsongs last month are the few lucky ones. Starting this month Kingsong limits the speed of their wheels to 32 kph.

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

People who got their kingsongs last month are the few lucky ones. Starting this month Kingsong limits the speed of their wheels to 32 kph.

Wow, is this coming from King Song themselves?

Is this limiting speed possibly an overall trend to keep EUC's palatable for city sidewalk use (like how the Gotway MCM4 seems restricted from it's potential)? @Jason McNeil @KaleOsaurusRex @John Eucist

Archived