XIMA Lhotz - Alternative iOs app

Kevin

Awesome Kevin!  Unbelievable what it is that you can do!

Works great on my IPS T350+ as well!  

Would IPS firmware updates beyond 4.31 effect the ability to use your APP?  

Any plans for an Android version?

I can't say for sure about the firmware updates (actually I am on 4.2 with my own wheel - been holding off on doing the upgrade because I want to do a packet capture of the process :P), but I think it's unlikely they will change anything that will make it incompatible.

For Android, I don't have any immediate plans because iPhone is what I am personally using. However inspired by @Tilmann I have been thinking of making an app for Pebble or some similar watch, though I haven't done any serious investigation in that area.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately not. You can think of it this way - The firmware is programmed with a certain set of switches, knobs and dials for adjusting things, and all the app can do is flip those switches and turn the knobs. In addition, all of the knobs and switches are invisible and scattered around a room, and you aren't sure if one of the buttons is "self destruct". So all of the functionality I've been able to implement has been done by metaphorically sneaking around behind an IPS guy (the Android app) and watching where he pokes at things on the wall to figure out where the controls are :P

So while it's possible that there is a 'knob' for ride setting somewhere, unfortunately I do not know where it is unless the IPS guy someday decides to go and give it a twist ;) Or unless IPS decides to publish a treasure map.

**EDIT: As for ride stiffness, I actually find it quite a bit stiffer than the King Song, for reference sake - I believe @Jeffrey Scott Will and @Chrispy share this opinion.

Edited by Kevin
  • Upvote 2

Sorry to keep hijacking this thread guys with LHOTZ questions, but I figured better than creating a whole new thread.

does the LHOTZ have a level calibration tool? Or do they set that sort of thing in factory? You know, like the gotway does. Is such a thing even needed?

I'm giving serious thought to getting one. Especially now it's available from Tony through Amazon - which I feel more comfortable using than just wiring money.

Edited by paddylaz

Level calibration is NOT available. I have not personally felt any need to do this, but YMMV.

It seems to me IPS has official (?) outlets on Amazon, Alibaba and eBay, however I got mine off a local re-seller on eBay to avoid the long shipping time from China.

• Upvote 1

@paddylaz I have the LHOTZ, I use the Android app from IPS (the Xima app) but I got the one that has instant unlock of the higher 30 km/h top speed. I got my LHOTZ via Amazon and "The IPS Store" with 2 day shipping. A few days later I got an email from IPS offering me the instant high speed unlock App, but I thanked them and told them I was fine.

The App does not adjust ride/alarms/tiltback, as far as I know, but I had it for a while before I discovered that I could swipe to a second screen that controlled the unicycle lights. (as per usual, no instructions to be found!)

I love the Lhotz and have posted a review, but be aware it will deliver a catapulting high speed cutoff if rapidly pushed past high speed. If you creep up on the 30 km/h it will beep and tilt back on you like a gentleman.

I have not attempted to use any other Apps on the LHOTZ mainly because I fear touching that hidden "BRICK" button in the dark room.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I notice in the iOS app store that there are three IPS apps: iamips, xima and xima-lhotz.

I know xima-lhotz is Kevin's (again, fantastic!) but what is the difference between the other two??

My LHOTZ has now apparently reached the Netherlands, so hopefully only a few more days to go. I got an email from IPS saying I should download the 'iamips' one. Is that correct? Cheers guys.  

UPDATE: No worries, got runrui from IPS to explain. Cheers 

Edited by paddylaz

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Sorry if this is a newbie question but how do you pair the app to the device?  I just got my ips122 today and I see ips says the xima app supports the 122 on their site now but I'm not sure how to connect the two. 

Thanks

I think the first question I'd have for ya is........... do you have the IPS 122 or the 122+?  It's the 122+ that is able to utilize the XIMA apps.  If you do indeed have the plus series, simply turn on your EU then access your app.

Not sure what you mean by + series. I checked the manufacture site and bought from Amazon prime from oficial ips store.  The ips site shows this model to have app connection. My app doesn't seem to find it when I refresh.  Do I have to hold the power button or something like that on the EU to connect?  Thanks for the help!

image.png

image.png

Edited by Sean

Sean,

The plus series was released in August 2015 according to this news builletin.

IPS Electric Unicycle I/T Series 30KM/H Updated Version

Friday, August 7, 2015 12:31:53 AM America/Los_Angeles

IPS electric unicycle released a series of updated products of I series and T series: IPS I130+, I240+, I260+, T260+ and T350+. All these new updated version electric unicycle supports improved high speed to 30KM/H! Besides the higher speed, the updated IPS products also have more advanced self-balancing system and more stable motor.

To my knowledge your IPS 122 or also known as the T260 (due to its batttery size) would need to be this plus series newer release in order to have XIMA functionality.  Check your paperwork or model to assure that you have the + model.  Otherwise, if not the + model and it's the previously manufactured IPS 122/T260 model, you'll not have the added updates as shown above.  I own the IPS 121+ or AKA T350+.  I am very familiar with the IPS site you posted though.  Got mine from electricunicycleonline.com.  Go to that site and you'll see the plus series listed.

If you do have the + model, which unfortunately I'm not thinking you do, the app connects very simply.  Turn on the EU, then access the app.  Refresh, and it'll recognize the EU named as "XIMA" .  There's also an app created by one of our members on this forum (thanks again Kevin) called the "XIMA LHOTZ".  That particular app works for the plus series, is MUCH more responsive, and will recognize the EU almost instantaneously.  

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for helping explain. I contacted the Amazon seller and he was very helpful. I am returning the 122 and ordered the  Lhotz. I'm very excited. The quality of the 122 is very nice.  After seeing the quality I was willing to pay a bit more. I expect the lhotz is going to be a great ride. 

43 minutes ago, Sean said:

Thanks for helping explain. I contacted the Amazon seller and he was very helpful. I am returning the 122 and ordered the  Lhotz. I'm very excited. The quality of the 122 is very nice.  After seeing the quality I was willing to pay a bit more. I expect the lhotz is going to be a great ride. 

Looks like it ALL worked out perfectly!  You'll be very happy with your new ride!  Be safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I recently got a T350+ and there's an app for it, but it's not the same as the XIMA app (which I also tried, and doesn't seem to work) -- and also the member-produced app doesn't work either. :(

This seems to be the app I got: https://itunes.apple.com/bj/app/iamips/id1043856227?mt=8

Anyone know why the mismatch? Did they change up the T350+ recently? Or did I get some weird counterfeit version? (This was from the seller on Amazon.)

And just to make sure.......... you do have the T350+ version and have downloaded the XIMA LHOTZ "member-produced" app?  Several new members have accessed the forum and "believed" that they have the "plus" version and in fact they were mistaken.  If it's not the "plus" version, of course, no connection can be made. Our "member-produced" app is very reliable and responsive!  Simply power on the T350+ and then access your XIMA LHOTZ app.  The connection, assuming bluetooth is turned on, should give you an almost immediate connection.  If that doesn't or hasn't worked, I'm not sure what the issue may be. 

4 minutes ago, Sweet M said:

And just to make sure.......... you do have the T350+ version and have downloaded the XIMA LHOTZ "member-produced" app?  Several new members have accessed the forum and "believed" that they have the "plus" version and in fact they were mistaken.  If it's not the "plus" version, of course, no connection can be made. Our "member-produced" app is very reliable and responsive!  Simply power on the T350+ and then access your XIMA LHOTZ app.  The connection, assuming bluetooth is turned on, should give you an almost immediate connection.  If that doesn't or hasn't worked, I'm not sure what the issue may be. 

I believe I have the T350+ version...at least that's what the app I linked to reports, and it does connect over bluetooth. (See attached image.)

Maybe they've changed the bluetooth connection or something since September? Would be strange though. 

The app is the same one that iamips.com links to via tmall: http://world.tmall.com/item/40255424416.htm?spm=a1z10.1-b.w5001-10931597745.6.s2UmrB&id=40255424416&rn=92bc3330074567bf643db35790fd0ffe&abbucket=17&scene=taobao_shop (scroll down a bunch) -- so I think that app is legit? Maybe they just changed the protocol.

Another weird thing is that the board reports firmware version 4.0.2, not the 4.3 I keep seeing online everywhere!

The XIMA LHOTZ app doesn't seem to find the device...

Would love to hear your thoughts. I have an email out to the vendor, they claimed 4.0.2 is the latest version, though.

IMG_9421.jpg