New update speed question

Douglas Ingram

Ok, so I've updated the Ninebot and when I ride now, I don't really seem to think I'm riding faster than I would have before, but the app says I'm doing 11 MPH, where normally I'd ride around 8 or 9. Is it possible that the app is not telling me the truth, and making out in going faster than I'm actually going. ?

Hello,

I am new here and have the ninebot E+ from about two weeks, but checking speed is not a problem at all because most of the phones we are using with ninebot have some map software and build in GPS receiver so any phone is ready just after unpacking. 

So Douglas Ingramgrab your phone and install some trip computer on it if you would like to check results later on or just turn on maps and see in real time how fast you are  :)  

With the new firmware 1.2.7 on my ninebot E the speed is increase of 2 km/h.

I regulary use an appli to record my travel, with the 1.2.2 my vmax was 18.5 km/h (11.5M/h) with the 1.2.7:  20.5 km/h (12.8m/h) !

With ninedroid apps i can now ride at 20 / 21km/h and the tiltback come at 23 km/h (14.3M/h) , i think that this app is a little optimist with the speed...

This update is a must ! Very smooth ride et speed increase, i haven't test the authonomy.

With the new firmware 1.2.7 on my ninebot E the speed is increase of 2 km/h.

I regulary use an appli to record my travel, with the 1.2.2 my vmax was 18.5 km/h (11.5M/h) with the 1.2.7:  20.5 km/h (12.8m/h) !

With ninedroid apps i can now ride at 20 / 21km/h and the tiltback come at 23 km/h (14.3M/h) , i think that this app is a little optimist with the speed...

This update is a must ! Very smooth ride et speed increase, i haven't test the authonomy.

How far have you tested the new firmware 1.2.7?  

I was going to wait till next weekend to update to 1.2.7 but was bored at work yesterday and updated. I've only ridden on the updated firmware for about 25 miles or so but there are few changes to note that effected my wheel.

Speed
According to the app I'm cruising in the high 12mph to low 13mph. I'm also dipping into the low 14mph in some situations. I don't trust that this app is 100% accurate, nor does it really matter. While I check my app from time to time I'm hardly on my phone when commuting. Ride by feel. It feels a smidge faster. The tilt back isn't as aggressive either.

Stability
My wheel feels more stable. There used to be "dead" spots where it would feel like it was free coasting. It wouldn't happen much and became predictable when it would happen. Was a little dangerous but still rideable. That is now gone. The wheel feels more stable than it's been in a long while. This brings better control through various obstacles.

Power
This one I noticed this morning on my everyday route. It handled this one hill with more power and speed. It wasn't huge difference but it was noticeable. 

Battery Life
Way too soon to tell. The weather has gotten cooler and is downright cold in the morning. I'll have to monitor this one and update later.

Other Thoughts
My wheel used to vibrate a lot in ride settings 0-2. I set it down to 1 from 3 after the first 5 miles. The vibration went away! However, it came back this morning but not as violent as it used to be. I'll have to monitor this as well and update later.
I understand that firmware is just work in progress. We, as riders, have to adapt to however the wheel is performing. I'm liking 1.2.7 so far. 

I was going to wait till next weekend to update to 1.2.7 but was bored at work yesterday and updated. I've only ridden on the updated firmware for about 25 miles or so but there are few changes to note that effected my wheel.

Speed
According to the app I'm cruising in the high 12mph to low 13mph. I'm also dipping into the low 14mph in some situations. I don't trust that this app is 100% accurate, nor does it really matter. While I check my app from time to time I'm hardly on my phone when commuting. Ride by feel. It feels a smidge faster. The tilt back isn't as aggressive either.

Stability
My wheel feels more stable. There used to be "dead" spots where it would feel like it was free coasting. It wouldn't happen much and became predictable when it would happen. Was a little dangerous but still rideable. That is now gone. The wheel feels more stable than it's been in a long while. This brings better control through various obstacles.

Power
This one I noticed this morning on my everyday route. It handled this one hill with more power and speed. It wasn't huge difference but it was noticeable. 

Battery Life
Way too soon to tell. The weather has gotten cooler and is downright cold in the morning. I'll have to monitor this one and update later.

Other Thoughts
My wheel used to vibrate a lot in ride settings 0-2. I set it down to 1 from 3 after the first 5 miles. The vibration went away! However, it came back this morning but not as violent as it used to be. I'll have to monitor this as well and update later.
I understand that firmware is just work in progress. We, as riders, have to adapt to however the wheel is performing. I'm liking 1.2.7 so far. 

With this update, I'm feeling confident to upgrade to 1.2.7. 

@SerpentineGX where are you in Socal? LA?

Archived