UK - North West?

DangerousDick

So, now I've just about managed to stop falling off, I'm wondering where my 'nearest' nutter (I mean Ninebot owner!) is ;)

Be great to find a group who would be happy to meet up somewhere and 'cruise' around?

By the way, I'm in Warrington (Cheshire) but get to travel around quite extensively - family in the South etc.

Where are you in the UK - have any meet-up's been happening previously / already organised etc. let me know and I'll sign up :D

Cheers,

Richard.

• 3 weeks later...

Manchester, seen one other EU rider over in Media City but I don't know who they are. My Firewheel F260 is currently on a boat somewhere between Canada and here. 

Media City would be a great place to ride an EUC! I went through Piccadilly Gardens and down Market Street at the weekend, as fast as my generic EUC can go :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's late for notice etc. but I'm considering a 'cruise' through the Blackpool Lights tonight?

Weather is supposed to clear up from a dismal start, and I feel the need to get out and do some EUC'ing at some point.  Not been through the lights for a few years and I know it's always the same, but never done it while trying to balance on an electric Unicycle before so maybe a bit of fun to be had ;)

Media City would be a great place to ride an EUC! I went through Piccadilly Gardens and down Market Street at the weekend, as fast as my generic EUC can go :rolleyes:

Mmm it really is, still waiting for my EUC but as soon as it arrives and I'm comfortable riding it there's a cycle path going from Hulme (or Deansgate, it's borderline) along the same path as the trams and running along Salford Quays towards Media City which I'd love to try out. Have you had any trouble with the police given the recent confirming of the legal status of EUCs? I'm going to be making regular runs between the Green Quarter and the universities but can't figure out whether to take back routes and be worried or not.

Edited by CampGareth

Mmm it really is, still waiting for my EUC but as soon as it arrives and I'm comfortable riding it there's a cycle path going from Hulme (or Deansgate, it's borderline) along the same path as the trams and running along Salford Quays towards Media City which I'd love to try out. Have you had any trouble with the police given the recent confirming of the legal status of EUCs? I'm going to be making regular runs between the Green Quarter and the universities but can't figure out whether to take back routes and be worried or not.

I've not used mine in the city since the "news" - not out of fear or persecution; I just haven't had an opportunity to do so (but looking for one!). Let us know if you have any trouble.

The canal paths around Manchester would make a really run route to ride, I'm planning on doing them soon once I've fitted my lights and tether (an obvious requirement riding on a bumpy path alongside water :P)

OK, so 'Billy-no-Mates' went on his own!  Had a great time tho.  Parked up on the 'South Side' near the airport on the side of the road and rode on down to the lights.

All clear in the sky although it had definitely put some rain down earlier in the day.  Really - and I mean REALLY - windy, gusts forecast for over 30mph and it certainly felt like it at times.  Interesting trying to keep in a straight line while being blown sideways :) kept upright though and didn't crash into anyone although it was extremely busy in places.  Just slowed down and took my time in the busy parts, plenty of space to get around.

Went all the way to the North Pier and then on to the roundabout at the 'top end' of the lights before turning around and heading back.  Spent most of my 'return' journey following the Tram as there were fewer people walking along the lines (wonder why!) and it was great listing to the comments as I went past.  All the screams of "I WANT ONE" from the kids must've been a pain in the @$$ for the parents ;)

Got all the way back and still 45% in the battery so stopped by a B&Q car park to do some 'reverse' practice before heading home with a flat battery, massive grin on my face, and another eight or so miles 'on the clock'.  No video I'm afraid, too busy trying to survive, but did stop for a quick selfie in the middle just to prove I was there :D

IMG_20151024_193139.jpg

Sounds fun! I took me EUC for a ride on Blackpool beach a few weeks ago and it was so much fun! You can really pick up speed when the sand is compacted and flat, and a relatively soft landing if you fall too! Also the whole promenade is great fun on an EUC.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys noticed this topic and was surprised to hear there are more people in manchester with euc i've been doing it for over a year, in and around piccadilly gardens and never seen another person and i work as a bus driver in the city center so i'm there alot would be awesome to see more people on them maybe i'll see you guys around soon xD

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2015 at 11:02 PM, Blackwheel Jack said:

Glasgow, Scotland. Saw one person 3 weeks ago.

Went out and bought one 2 weeks ago (from Maplins).

Making slow progress - can now turn corners :-)

Last week's injuries healing.

We are also in Glasgow

You may find us in Buchannan St or Sauchiehall St.

Edited by WeeJ
mistake

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy good to see more people in the area, sorry i haven't been on for a while, but couple of weeks ago i bumped into another unicyclist in North Reddish/Gorton and I don't normally ride that way but it was great to see having never seen another person on one before too and work permitting would love to meet up ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm the proud owner of a NinebotOne E+ living near Blackpool. I've just created a Facebook group called "Self balancing electric unicycles UK". Thought it would be good to arrange meets, exchange photos / videos etc.

Andy

• Upvote 1

On 09/08/2016 at 9:48 PM, Juggler said:

Hi everyone, I'm the proud owner of a NinebotOne E+ living near Blackpool. I've just created a Facebook group called "Self balancing electric unicycles UK". Thought it would be good to arrange meets, exchange photos / videos etc.

Andy

Good idea to create a UK fb group.   Nice juggling skills too Andy!  

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Manchester way, I was in Littleborough a month ago (looking for a house) and I got overtaken in traffic in my car by an all black TG-T3 style EUC, 5 minutes later I overtook a Hoverboard (in fact I think someone with a Zimmer frame could have overtaken him!) that's the most personal electric vehicles I've ever seen in one place, hard to believe Littleborough is the centre of the wheeling community, but it certainly has the challenging hills and scenery for it :-).

• 1 month later...
On 24/09/2015 at 8:45 AM, DangerousDick said:

So, now I've just about managed to stop falling off, I'm wondering where my 'nearest' nutter (I mean Ninebot owner!) is ;)

Be great to find a group who would be happy to meet up somewhere and 'cruise' around?

By the way, I'm in Warrington (Cheshire) but get to travel around quite extensively - family in the South etc.

Where are you in the UK - have any meet-up's been happening previously / already organised etc. let me know and I'll sign up :D

Cheers,

Richard.

Oh my god - was this really a year ago! 

Still haven't managed to get out there with any other 'nutters' in the area :( must be a good few more of us around now though??

Haven't been on this forum for a while either come to that but I do still ride my NB1 around pretty regularly :P

Good to see NineBot hasn't fallen off the map although they do seem to have been overtaken by one or two others since the 'P' fiasco?  Haven't thought about replacing mine yet as it still does exactly what I need it to do - and probably (as it doesn't go mega quick) been pretty safe to ride.

I'll have to hold a drink up to my EUC later this evening in celebration of the anniversary and maybe even ride around the lake if the wind dies down a bit :D

Cheers, Richard.