xtreme arriving monday

Chrisxr2

Woohoo it's here. First impression is, it's chuffing enormous and I need to buy a rucksack it all fit in as I don't fancy carrying it very far as it's not so much heavy as awkward, just waiting for it to charge and hoping the rain holds of, then once I have bubble wrapped it to protect from my buffoonery I will give it a whirl.

image.jpg

Woohoo it's here. First impression is, it's chuffing enormous and I need to buy a rucksack it all fit in as I don't fancy carrying it very far as it's not so much heavy as awkward, just waiting for it to charge and hoping the rain holds of, then once I have bubble wrapped it to protect from my buffoonery I will give it a whirl.

image.jpg

it looks so much better in white than black. Good choice! What's the speed/tilt back/beeping situation like?

it looks so much better in white than black. Good choice! What's the speed/tilt back/beeping situation like?

speed is 22km tops, as for the Tilt, etc be a while before I really test it, still like bambie on ice at the minute

Here is how I measured it on my solowheel,

Speed: tilt-back starts at 16km/hr and top speed is about 18km/hr (when leaning into the tilt-back). WIth the 'high speed' firmware upgrade (which I recommend to any advanced user, and I think comes standard in France), the tilt-back starts at 22km/hr and top speed is about 24km/hr.

Safety is managed by a custom battery management system:

Tilt-back: when reaching max-speed (or when drawing too much energy going uphill or something)

Vibration: on 'emergency': when getting a low battery (undercharge), when getting a 'high' battery (overcharge), when getting too hot, etc. If it vibrates, stop gently but immediately  (cut-off is imminent!) and turn off the unit. If it is not due to low battery, you can turn it on again and continue.

Beeping: never! :D

Day two and setting of is  as simple as can be, seems to be one of those things people get straight away or need to practise, even  got the basic gist of  turning, stopping etc though still only going very slow though, checked my tyre when i got home and only 20psi as opposed to the reccomended 40 so will have another quick go later with the correct pressure. Went to the local basketball court round the corner, completely flat concrete, fenced all round, nothing and nobody to hit. certainly makes it a bit easier to concentrate when you have a good flat surface and nothing to hit.

Bloody thing tried to kill me today, got on and twice leant forward only for forwards to be backwards in the extremes head this throwing me off as it flipped me of backwards, also got to a speed where it feels a wee bit like it's wobbling,which is either me or it is wobbling, vid in General discussion. Yellowish speed and turns slowly,b and going downhill slowly I am still finding a bit tricky

Yes, I think sometimes if you maybe lap I and either let it tilt so the tyres of the ground, or maybe lift it by accident with the safety strap it throws its brain a bit, fine after a reset. If you check the video out is a pretty high speed wobble.

Archived