official IPS website and representative ?

Gabriel

Hi everybody,

Some doubts arise about the contact to choose from for contacting the company IPS,

following a post on Facebook two websites with two IPS representatives appears on Internet:

chang Yuming from www.ipselectricunicycle.com

and 

Run Meng from www.iamips.com.

have you guys ever order something (and received it) from one of these contacts ?

Which one is the official one ?

I suppose that one of both is a reseller. 

Hi Gabriel,

I ordered directly from the IPS representative a few weeks ago and they were excellent! Got my uni delivered to Australia by courier in about a week. Expensive but they seem to have a solid track record so decided to go with IPS after having an accident on a generic unicycle that decided to shutdown. I dealt with Tony (manager@ipselectricunicycle.com), he gave me excellent service, answering all of my questions and giving me different payment options. Got the Lhotz 340, an absolute machine! Cheers, Simon

Hi Gabriel,

I ordered directly from the IPS representative a few weeks ago and they were excellent! Got my uni delivered to Australia by courier in about a week. Expensive but they seem to have a solid track record so decided to go with IPS after having an accident on a generic unicycle that decided to shutdown. I dealt with Tony (manager@ipselectricunicycle.com), he gave me excellent service, answering all of my questions and giving me different payment options. Got the Lhotz 340, an absolute machine! Cheers, Simon

thanks a lot @simon for your feedback about your personal experience,

So it seems that ordering via both websites is possible and at the end a good service is there as well. 

Let's wait now on some feedback about the Zero to confirm that it is not only nice on paper. 

• 10 months later...

I ordered a board for my lhotz 191 from Tony. It arrived on an old charger box . It worked for about 3 hours then errored with a total tilt back , unrideable, and power light blinking 2 times then repeating, alarm sounds continually. I have done every test asked on the wheel including testing every cell in the battery and sending pictures and video. Tony got tired of me after 41 emails and pawned me off on someone else, who now seems to be ignoring me. Ips is not impressing me to say the least

8 hours ago, Ryeguynew said:

Ips is not impressing me to say the least

Bear in mind ipselectricunicycle.com is a dealer, not the actual IPS company.

Your report is still surprising to me, because overall ipselectricunicycle.com seems to have a good reputation.

8 hours ago, Ryeguynew said:

Tony got tired of me after 41 emails and pawned me off on someone else, who now seems to be ignoring me

When will companies learn this is a very short-sighted way of doing business? Probably they have now permanently lost a customer.

Instead, if they would do whatever is necessary to ensure Ryeguynew has a working wheel (including sending a new wheel if nothing else solves the problem), now they have permanently GAINED a customer, and probably multiple customers, because Ryeguynew will be telling everyone how great ipselectricunicycle.com is, and how everyone can purchase there with confidence because they take care of their customers! And when Ryeguynew buys his next wheel, of course he will buy it from ipselectricunicycle.com!

And of course, I would never consider buying anything from Tony or ipselectricunicycle.com after reading this story. Nice going Tony! How much future business have you lost for your company!

Tony doesn't actually work for IPS though, does he?

He's just a seller I think. Plus his reputation on this forum has been....shall we say....'colourful' for quite some time now.

If anyone's looking at IPS I cannot recommend enough contacting Runrui herself at the factory. Cut out the middle man. She was extremely helpful recently too getting an emergency charger shipped to me dirt-cheap from China when I went and left mine in a damn pub. 10/10.

My understanding is also that www.ipselectricunicycle.com is just a reseller and Tony works there. This isn't the only time we've heard complaints, and it seems Tony has very... different view on customer service than most other people. I recall at least one incident where he refused to help a customer unless he'd remove the (slightly?) negative comments about the company in the forums. And if memory serves, there were other similar cases too...

• 3 months later...

I tried to order Zero for my daughter from Tony, he never actually answered to me what means, in practisce "all taxes included" so I decided not to purchase my unit from him. He's not any factory representative, just a seller. 

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Use caution if dealing with Tony.  According to @Shoe73 I think there have been mixed reviews about his service...  I don't know the details though...

Careful Hunka! With 2000 reps approaching you might not receive your gold painted EUC from this guy. :crying:

On 11/17/2016 at 4:33 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Use caution if dealing with Tony.  According to @Shoe73 I think there have been mixed reviews about his service...  I don't know the details though...

I haven't dealt with him personally and there have been people who have ordered from him with no problem, but if there is a problem, look out! I saw some of the profanity laced replies he sent to unhappy customers, demanding they remove their forum posts. Claims to have stock then makes people wait. Plus he tries to fool people into thinking his web site is the official IPS site then gets mad if you ask too many questions about the wheels. Definitely not customer-friendly to say the least. Search the forums you'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2015/9/12 at 9:13 PM, Gabriel said:

Hi everybody,

Some doubts arise about the contact to choose from for contacting the company IPS,

following a post on Facebook two websites with two IPS representatives appears on Internet:

and 

have you guys ever order something (and received it) from one of these contacts ?

Hi, thank you very much. I am sorry that there are some chaotic. :D

Please contact the email if you have any problems:

runrui.meng@iamips.com

bess@iamips.com

yueyue.wang@iamips.com

This is the website of Amazon :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?merchant=A1RO1TBXM3SGUD&fallThrough=1

the english website is setting that will be okay after a short time. i am sorry that you need to wait it. 

Thanks.:)

On 2015/9/12 at 9:13 PM, Gabriel said:

Hi everybody,

and 

hi, thank you very much for your questions. i can make it sure the official  is Run Meng from www.iamips.com. 

please believe us that We are the manufacturer. please contact me if you have problems: this is our email:  runrui.meng@iamips.com   bess@iamips.com

thanks.

Archived