Anyone tried the new Rockwheel GT14 yet?

Speedy

Has anyone tried the GT14 here yet? :)

Mine has shipped from Rockwheel now, eager to try it with the max speed of 35km/h!

Seems like they have done some recent updates on the mainboard, since mine was delayed due to this.

Hi there,

I see you've purchased the rock wheel Gt14 and am awaiting delivery. Can you tell me what else made you choose the Gt14 other than its high top speed? What other wheels have you tried?  I just sold my Gr16 rw and was looking to buy another euc but wondered what else makes the Gt14 worth a look. other than that the king song looks like my next purchase.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thanks to Fedex (or some other forwarder?) my wheel still hasn´t arrived!! It was supposed to be sent from Rockwheel 15/8, but due to motherboard upgrade the shipment was delayed. Good thing I get the latest motherboard, but I´m real tired of waiting now.

I chose the GT14 because it seems to offer the best price/performance ratio in its class. It is fast, the battery pack has good capacity and high discharge cells, and finally direct drive from Rockwheel instead of those geared hubs. The king song seems like a nice EUC, but it is also quite expensive. I think you will find GT14 real hard to beat value for money. It´s 602USD on aliexpress included shipping.

I am quite amazed there is nothing to find regarding the GT14 yet on google. Only some feedback from a russian forum, and from what I read they also had trouble with the wheel shutting off at high speed. Hopefully that error has been corrected on the latest motherboard revision. Other than that the people that has tried it seem to think it´s a good wheel.

I own the Ninebot One E+ now, and generic 14". Can´t go wrong with a Ninebot, that´s for sure :D

• 2 weeks later...

speedy , i have one. Bought it from the same link back in july. the seller takes over a month to get it to your door. i enjoyed this EUC until I rode a kingsong 800w..... the rockwheel is very clunky while riding, and not precise. its the hardest to turn EUC i have ever rode, and after the last complete shutoff at full power with full battery , i put it on ebay. had to go to the er, luckily just bad bruising. The way the wheel is at <2mph is bad too...overall I give it like 2/10, lots of better wheels for your money. heck my $220 dollar generic rides like heaven compared to this one, just doesnt have the top end.

speedy , i have one. Bought it from the same link back in july. the seller takes over a month to get it to your door. i enjoyed this EUC until I rode a kingsong 800w..... the rockwheel is very clunky while riding, and not precise. its the hardest to turn EUC i have ever rode, and after the last complete shutoff at full power with full battery , i put it on ebay. had to go to the er, luckily just bad bruising. The way the wheel is at <2mph is bad too...overall I give it like 2/10, lots of better wheels for your money. heck my $220 dollar generic rides like heaven compared to this one, just doesnt have the top end.

Thanks for the feedback! i have been waiting over 2 months now, really poor customer service from rockwheel, and I am extremel y angry at them now, feels like they are trying to rip me off!

Doesn't sound to promising, but maybe you don't have the newest motherboard revision....? I have heard of unexpected shutdown on the early revision. Fingers crossed that mine doesn't do that, if i EVER receive it ?

let me know when you get it and ride. its hard to describe, but my little 14" generic wheel is soooooo much easier to ride. the rockwheel is sluggish feeling at very low speeds and not stable. I need to make a video to compare. pedals are nice on it though. just do not ride it at full speed with half a battery(unless yours is fixed, but i havnt heard of any NOT doing this.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 
We have got the Rockwheel GT 14.
The Wheel is OK, unfortunate it is a bit more heavy and the handle to carry the wheel doesn't feel very nice in your hand. It is very different from the GR.
More pics ect are on Facebook (Rockwiel.nl)

Anouschka,

I would be very careful about selling the GT14, trust me.

There is a dangerous design error in this model, probably the one causing the unexpected faceplants; The Battery management system board (BMS) is under-rated for the powerful motor in the GT14. This causes overloading of the 3 under voltage MOSFET transistors located in the battery pack, as they cannot carry enough current under full load. In my batterypack, this fried all the 3 MOSFET´S, and burned the last link - the polarity switch diodes.

Request that rockwheel send you uprated battery packs to change before you send the wheel to the customer.  There is only a question of time before all your GT14 customers will hurt themselves badly :unsure:  

Hi Speedy.

My son got his Rockwheel delivered here in Fredrikstad 08.10.2015. Today the unit is totally dead? No life, no lights, nothing....? I bought it through Aliexpress, and the seller claims he will help us out to get it fixed.

Is it the battery pack that have gone to pices, or as you mention above, transistors in the battery pack?

• 5 weeks later...
On 20 Oct 2015 02:49:05, Speedy said:

Anouschka,

I would be very careful about selling the GT14, trust me.

There is a dangerous design error in this model, probably the one causing the unexpected faceplants; The Battery management system board (BMS) is under-rated for the powerful motor in the GT14. This causes overloading of the 3 under voltage MOSFET transistors located in the battery pack, as they cannot carry enough current under full load. In my batterypack, this fried all the 3 MOSFET´S, and burned the last link - the polarity switch diodes.

Request that rockwheel send you uprated battery packs to change before you send the wheel to the customer.  There is only a question of time before all your GT14 customers will hurt themselves badly :unsure:  

Hi Speedy, 

Thank you for the warning. Rockwheel is working on it.

So what's the general update? How are people with their Rockwheels? I want to buy one because they seem to be very powerful and relatively cheap, but these safety issues are starting to scare me.

Has anyone tried shunting theirs? I believe one user shunted his and enjoyed it much more afterward.

Edit: I saw that @Speedy shunted his and gave a very detailed review, thank you. Does anyone else have thoughts on getting one of these?

It looks like that Rochwheel/ Rockway lost reputation. They had a very strong community as they started with the geared one. Support and quality issues and new competitors dropped their sales in Europe. I know a dealer with 2 dead on arrival. As far as I understood the problem they didn't fixed it. So he moved over to IPS.

A friend of mine has a faulty geared RW at home. He ordered a new motor because of the rattling problem which comes from worn out axles (fault by design). You can't fix the arm. The way RW did it at that time. He has 3 Gotway now.

• 1 month later...
On 21 septembre 2015 at 11:44 PM, Speedy said:

Well, thanks to Fedex (or some other forwarder?) my wheel still hasn´t arrived!! It was supposed to be sent from Rockwheel 15/8, but due to motherboard upgrade the shipment was delayed. Good thing I get the latest motherboard, but I´m real tired of waiting now.

I chose the GT14 because it seems to offer the best price/performance ratio in its class. It is fast, the battery pack has good capacity and high discharge cells, and finally direct drive from Rockwheel instead of those geared hubs. The king song seems like a nice EUC, but it is also quite expensive. I think you will find GT14 real hard to beat value for money. It´s 602USD on aliexpress included shipping.

I am quite amazed there is nothing to find regarding the GT14 yet on google. Only some feedback from a russian forum, and from what I read they also had trouble with the wheel shutting off at high speed. Hopefully that error has been corrected on the latest motherboard revision. Other than that the people that has tried it seem to think it´s a good wheel.

I own the Ninebot One E+ now, and generic 14". Can´t go wrong with a Ninebot, that´s for sure :D

Hi everybody?

I love my wheel Rockwheel GT14,
I can not seem to connect bluetooth my wheel with my iPhone.
I try also with my Samsung Galaxy (Android app) no possible connection.
Yet I "Rockwheel App » the application and installed "Gotway App".

He must make a manipulation with the wheel?

Who knows help me please.

Thank you very much friends wheelers !

Ohhhhhh yessss;)

Arnaud from Brussels City

2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Hi everybody?

I love my wheel Rockwheel GT14,
I can not seem to connect bluetooth my wheel with my iPhone.
I try also with my Samsung Galaxy (Android app) no possible connection.
Yet I "Rockwheel App » the application and installed "Gotway App".

He must make a manipulation with the wheel?

Who knows help me please.

Thank you very much friends wheelers !

Ohhhhhh yessss;)

Arnaud from Brussels City

It should of worked with your android phone. The Rockwheel app works with my GT14. You can just use the Gotway app instead. If you use the Gotway app, you can choose from Gotway's 3 ride modes. Over all, the Gt14 is a good wheel, I wish I could say the same with rockwheels after sale service. They have really bad service, I still have a new Gr16-25r that's damaged. Made multiple attempts to get a replacement with no luck. It's a complete lost.

you take a chance buying from them. 

@NevNutz I have the RockWheel GR16 too.  I used to get very good and prompt response from @Sunny Rockwheel in this forum but I suspect she has left Rockwheel since.  

You are right when you say that their after-sales service is quite bad. Recently, I wrote to them as my GR16 was beginning to make louder than usual noises. I asked them how I could grease the gears.  Although they took some time, they actually gave me a reply; informing me the noise could be a result of the gear getting loose.  I asked them how I could tighten the gear and had to prod them a little but I did get a response from them that I should consult the company I bought the GR16 from BUT did offer to get it repaired for me if I was prepared to send the EUC back to them in China... which of course is not an option. 

Rockwheel is probably not as big or as competitive as Gotway or KingSong and their sluggish response could be due to their shortage of personnel or their bad command of the English language.  This of course does not instil confidence in their customers.  That said, the GT14 is good value for money so long as you can accept the design of the EUC and trust their R&D and quality control.

On 1/21/2016 at 4:05 PM, NevNutz said:

It should of worked with your android phone. The Rockwheel app works with my GT14. You can just use the Gotway app instead. If you use the Gotway app, you can choose from Gotway's 3 ride modes. Over all, the Gt14 is a good wheel, I wish I could say the same with rockwheels after sale service. They have really bad service, I still have a new Gr16-25r that's damaged. Made multiple attempts to get a replacement with no luck. It's a complete lost.

you take a chance buying from them. 

I just received the Gt14 and have tryed 3 different android phones and still can't connect...It just says can't connect due to incorrect passcode, am I missing something?  I opened up the wheel and found the bluetooth module and it blinks when turned on, then goes solid when trying to pair, then blinks again when the pair is unsuccessful.  Nor sure what I'm doing wrong.  This wheel is fast though!!

2 hours ago, ibuildyoufly said:

I just received the Gt14 and have tryed 3 different android phones and still can't connect...It just says can't connect due to incorrect passcode, am I missing something?  I opened up the wheel and found the bluetooth module and it blinks when turned on, then goes solid when trying to pair, then blinks again when the pair is unsuccessful.  Nor sure what I'm doing wrong.  This wheel is fast though!!

Pass code should be 1234. If that does not work. Just download the Gotway App. I perfer dis one over rockwheels app anyways. With the Gotway app you can connect to rockwheels Gt14. Plus you can choose different ride modes. Good luck 

On 21.1.2016 at 3:44 AM, citiboi said:

@NevNutz I have the RockWheel GR16 too.  I used to get very good and prompt response from @Sunny Rockwheel in this forum but I suspect she has left Rockwheel since.  

You are right when you say that their after-sales service is quite bad. Recently, I wrote to them as my GR16 was beginning to make louder than usual noises. I asked them how I could grease the gears.  Although they took some time, they actually gave me a reply; informing me the noise could be a result of the gear getting loose.  I asked them how I could tighten the gear and had to prod them a little but I did get a response from them that I should consult the company I bought the GR16 from BUT did offer to get it repaired for me if I was prepared to send the EUC back to them in China... which of course is not an option. 

Rockwheel is probably not as big or as competitive as Gotway or KingSong and their sluggish response could be due to their shortage of personnel or their bad command of the English language.  This of course does not instil confidence in their customers.  That said, the GT14 is good value for money so long as you can accept the design of the EUC and trust their R&D and quality control.

Yes, they need to hire an English speaking rep. Sunny is no longer working for Rockwheel ever since Rockwheel moved to Shenzhen. The Gt14 is pretty good being Rockwheels first gearless wheel. And the 355Wh battery provides you with enough distance on one charge. The ride is not as refined as the MCM2s though. Out of all the wheels I have tried I still go back to the MCM2s. The ride is just that smooth! 

Just received a late model Dec 2015 Gt14 and this thing rocks....I couldn't get the app to work with this model,(tried for 3hrs<_< so I contacted the company and they sent me the latest rockwheel app, and it's in english too!!! Whoo, hoooo, it connected without issue and works great, I'm going to attach the apk file to this post if that's possible, enjoy!

RockWheel_1203.apk

Archived