Calibrating ninebot one

vido

Some wheels allow the pedals to tilt forward when doing turns at slow speeds, that's what the firmware needs the roll-angle (sideways tilt) data for, maybe also for shutting down when the wheel falls over. If the roll-angle isn't calibrated correctly, it might think you're turning when you're not, and pitch the pedals, or even turn off during sideways lean, thinking that the device has fallen over.

Calibrated the NB1 yesterday with the app, tried to tilt the pedals up in front a little as they have been pointing down slightly.  Because you have to put it in lock to calibrate, trying to tilt back even a little caused it to start shaking and beeping like it was being stolen.  Tried again, tilting back to just before the antitheft behaviour starts and now the pedals are feeling level while riding, but it now feels like the riding mode is 0 instead of 3 which still shows three on the app.  After I got home changed the riding softness to 5,  will ride later today to check.  A few days ago I rode it turned around with the end of the handle pointing forward and the pedals were tilted up slightly in front, so it seems the calibration was a little off.  It feels much better with level pedals than tilted down in front.  

If you want to offset the pitch angle, you need to apply the manual calibration procedure which is explained HERE. With the app, the calibration sets the pedals to horizontal and does not correct the roll angle offset.

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2015 at 8:36 PM, dpong said:

What is missing from all of this is your ability to place the wheel in your desired neutral balance position for the recalibration, due to the anti-theft behavior.  

Exactly my conclusion!  It's not doing anything.

On 6/7/2016 at 6:35 PM, Tienda Ninebot said:

Here you can see how to do a calibrating complete for your Ninebot One. Easy and clear! Enjoy!!

Awesome! That is a perfect instructional video!

Your name makes me wonder, do you sell NInebots?

Archived