THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, Demargon said:

Hi all. This is my first video, hope you enjoy

Gallant effort!:)So many different methods to shoot video these days. Fun to experiment!  :thumbup:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Your dizziness may be exacerbated by your lingering cold weather! 

IMG_4200.GIF

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

So I see all these awesome videos and Kodo's to the producers.  I felt I should at least try and do a couple.  I have posted a few trial runs with my Monster on my Youtube channel Merrittous MonoWheel.  This is my first try at this time of thing so please be gentle:-)

Not sure how to post the videos or even the links here (open to suggestions).

Regards

Just now, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

Not sure how to post the videos or even the links here (open to suggestions).

In YouTube, tap on Share. Copy that link and paste it as is into the message window here, then post it. This site will do the rest. 

@SuperSport thanks for viewing and the help getting the posts up. I never really noticed to much difference on the wood bridge. The tough part was trying to get up the hill on the frozen ice and mud.  My pedals kept hitting the edges of the snow in the frozen ruts and spinning me around.  I guess the Monster could use a little more clearance:-). Fun challenge though. I'll get up there eventually. 

• Upvote 1

Large Group Ride Around Griffith Park on 04Mar2017

I love the views off the mountainside! The Gotways really shine on those steep dirt trails! When the line of riders passes through groups of people, I know it's attracting some future riders!

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2017 at 11:35 AM, SuperSport said:

On an MSuper, it's not zero effort, but yes, MUCH easier than biking. ;)  On an MSuper, you need to grab tight to the sides and lean hard.  You really have to trust the wheel.

How would an ACM compare on the same hill?

8 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

How would an ACM compare on the same hill?

It really doesn't matter what hill, the ACM is the most powerful hill climber made (that I know of).

• Upvote 1

@Merrittous MonoWheel Good videos, especially for a first attempt. Loving these virtual sightseeing tours of places I'm unlikely to go to. Makes me look at them in Google maps and plan imaginary tours;) You used a monster right?

Also, having an RV of some kind seems to be very popular there?

@Marty Backe Nice video... the spin out was due to an uneven spot next to the trail?

Aaaand: if you are planning to use Facebook for videos from now on... please don't. Youtube is much better from a technical level (e.g. viewing from different devices). If you're worried about annoying your woodworking fans, why not start a dedicated Marty Backe EUC Youtube channel ("Speedy Backe"?) Or just keep unlisting everything EUC related (which is a bit sad because new people won't see it then, get it recommended, etc). Anyways, Facebook, not even once;)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe Nice video... the spin out was due to an uneven spot next to the trail?

Aaaand: if you are planning to use Facebook for videos from now on... please don't. Youtube is much better from a technical level (e.g. viewing from different devices). If you're worried about annoying your woodworking fans, why not start a dedicated Marty Backe EUC Youtube channel ("Speedy Backe"?) Or just keep unlisting everything EUC related (which is a bit sad because new people won't see it then, get it recommended, etc). Anyways, Facebook, not even once;)

Think I hit a tree branch.

It was convenient to refer to a Facebook post. I don't see the problem, but either way it doesn't matter too much to me.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Some single-track riding above Los Angeles. An unseasonably warm (90+) March 11th. Only one unanticipated forced dismount.

Looking closely at your unanticipated dismount I could not tell if your ACM came to an abrupt stop or violently flipped end over end as mine did. I understand there is a 2 second pause before complete shutdown occurs in tip over situations. My wheel was definitely spazzing out for a full 2 seconds! It seemed like eternity!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Demargon said:

New try to make a decent video, I have to get a stick for tis work.

Hope the effort isn't useless

Is a little track of jumps and turns. Perfect for unicycling!

That looks like a lot of fun!  

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Merrittous MonoWheel Good videos, especially for a first attempt. Loving these virtual sightseeing tours of places I'm unlikely to go to. Makes me look at them in Google maps and plan imaginary tours;) You used a monster right?

Also, having an RV of some kind seems to be very popular there?

@meepmeepmayer Thank you for the feedback. Yes I am on the Monster.  It is performing admirably.  I hit speeds of 47kph in some of those videos and I didn't even notice until I reviewed the stats when I got back.  The Monster is very stable and comfortable.  I have plans this summer to run it to it's limits in range and trail riding (speed tests will be incidental) as there are a 165km of mountain biking trails just behind my house that need exploring.  I am also planning a 80km trip along the Highway Through Hell road (As per the show) this summer to go visit some friends on the other side.

And yes RV's are very popular around here as there are many camp sites around ranging from full amenities to isolated back woods camping by a lake. BTW there are hundreds of lakes within a couple of hours of here the closest being 20min for me which may make for a fishing video or two.  EUC through the woods to the lake, fly fish, come home victorious with supper sounds like a fun plot even if only in the making:-)

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Looking closely at your unanticipated dismount I could not tell if your ACM came to an abrupt stop or violently flipped end over end as mine did. I understand there is a 2 second pause before complete shutdown occurs in tip over situations. My wheel was definitely spazzing out for a full 2 seconds! It seemed like eternity!

I don't think it flipped or if it did, not violently. When it's been falling during my trail riding the wheel has always stopped immediately. I pick it up and then it starts balancing again.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

In this long form video, @jrkline and I took our ACMs to a mountainous area north of Los Angeles (Duarte) to explore for new EUC trails. This is our story.  @captainwells, it's a good thing you didn't bring your Monster on this one ;)

@Marty Backe another awesome video.  If you had your Monster you may have been able to run that first section:-)  Please keep them coming.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Think I hit a tree branch.

It was convenient to refer to a Facebook post. I don't see the problem, but either way it doesn't matter too much to me.

Or you could title it Marty Backe to the Future.  On my laptop the video looked great, just the full screen did not work, but no big deal.  Man, there are so many great trails you have found.

• Upvote 2