THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

I love this helmet, but I was thinking as I was looking at it... If somehow you fell face first because of the typical chin protection of a motocross helmet you could easily have a horrendous hyperextension injury of the neck, which could lead to a significant bit of spinal cord trauma. I'd have to think about it a little bit because a hyper flexion injury is for more dangerous, but I'm not so sure about this particular helmet though it is one of the coolest I've ever seen and I appreciate you  including the link here.

True, but this helmet also includes MIPS technology to help resolve that.  MIPS allows your head to rotate inside the helmet so as to make the strain to your head and neck less.

These are considered Down Hill Motocross helmets, so I'm guessing they are pretty safe.

MIPS TECH Explained:  http://www.mipsprotection.com/technology/

PS:  The chin guard is removable if desired.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

True, but this helmet also includes MIPS technology to help resolve that.  MIPS allows your head to rotate inside the helmet so as to make the strain to your head and neck less.

These are considered Down Hill Motocross helmets, so I'm guessing they are pretty safe.

MIPS TECH Explained:  http://www.mipsprotection.com/technology/

PS:  The chin guard is removable if desired.

oh......

Of course... Thank you for pointing that out to me... That is extremely impressive

will you get one?

It will be quite the "LOOK" while riding and EUC.... 

i have a lot of motorcycle helmets.... all of which i wear XL with my large-sized head.... And I see this helmet only comes small, medium, and large.. I hope the large will be big enough, but there's only one way to find out

Edited by Greg Spalding

2 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

i have a lot of motorcycle helmets.... all of which i wear XL with my large-sized head.... And I see this helmet only comes small, medium, and large.. I hope the large will be big enough, but there's only one way to find out

Just an FYI, there are other manufacturers that use the MIPS tech. You can shop around for a better size. Im not sure yet if I'll buy one yet.

PS: I'm sorry for hijacking this thread again with helmet stuff. :-/

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Just an FYI, there are other manufacturers that use the MIPS tech. You can shop around for a better size. Im not sure yet if I'll buy one yet.

PS: I'm sorry for hijacking this thread again with helmet stuff. :-/

not really hijacked.. it's good info FOR ALL OF US 

While we are on helmets, for anyone like me who is up for full visor-down motorcycle helm action, then you will run into the fogging up problem. Particularly unhelpful on cold misty days. This will drive you mad until you address it.

I fixed it in one easy (though slightly expensive) move with these Oxford Fog city inserts, which work well, and mean you don't have to be fiddling about reapplying any sort of de-fog spray or wax.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

While we are on helmets, for anyone like me who is up for full visor-down motorcycle helm action, then you will run into the fogging up problem. Particularly unhelpful on cold misty days. This will drive you mad until you address it.

I fixed it in one easy (though slightly expensive) move with these Oxford Fog city inserts, which work well, and mean you don't have to be fiddling about reapplying any sort of de-fog spray or wax.

230,000 miles riding on two wheels for almost 38 years... A FOGGED UP VISOR can kill you.. you are surely correct about that

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Stupid but I had to try it :w00t2:

Pure brilliance! 

Now you need to point that turbo-booster backward and see what it does for your maximum speed! 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

love that, dan... love it

Thanks! My wife used the new DJI OSMO to record it. It appears to be vibration free

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Pure brilliance! 

Now you need to point that turbo-booster backward and see what it does for your maximum speed! 

I don't know about the brilliance part. Just havin fun:clap3: As for turning it around backwards my wife is giving you a big thumbs down:P

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Duf said:

I'll be interested to here how successful this wheel is for Mrs. Duf - we're heading toward summer, and I'm hoping to do something similar with my better-half.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Stupid but I had to try it :w00t2:

That's perfect. And I must be stupid because I don't see anything stupid about it.

Now I'm a little disappointed because you missed the perfect opportunity to point the blower behind you to give a little added thrust :-)  You could even post that on a non-EUC thread and people would think "that's cool!"

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 3

@Duf I wonder whether it would be easier to learn on the Ninebot One E+.  I learned riding a 14" generic, and it was extremely difficult I found.  The Ninebot with its heavier mass seems to make things easier during launches since it doesn't tend to tip over as much.  In any case, I would recommend padding either wheel up for both the rider and wheel's protection.

@Rehab1 that leaf blower while riding makes fall cleanup look fun for once!  Great idea and nice demo of the DJI Osmo.  I had thought you were filming with the Mavic.  Geez you got all the toys!  You just need an Msuper Euc Extreme Modded V3 to complete your collection!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

nice demo of the DJI Osmo.  I had thought you were filming with the Mavic.  Geez you got all the toys!  

Great lesson in marriage psychology! Buy a toy for yourself and let your wife try it out first. :cheers:

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's perfect. And I must be stupid because I don't see anything stupid about it.

Maybe I should start doing stupid pet tricks also:laughbounce2:

2 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

the OSMO is a winner...

If my wife can keep me somewhat in the centered in the video the OSMO has my vote:roflmao:

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You mean like this...

damn...I've been EUCed:furious:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Interesting. I can see how that may help. I only wonder if you increase the likelihood of scraping the pedal in a tight turn, which I think the original orientation is designed to prevent.

I agree about going up hills with the MSuper. This makes me wonder if that's why the level calibration from the factory (on mine and a few others at least) has a noticeable back tilt. I'm going to be riding some steep mountain trails tomorrow - I think I'll re-calibrate just prior to the run.

• Upvote 3