THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I'm pretty sure you can find one like that, that you can mount on the handle.  The one you listed might not rotate 90 degrees, but many do.  Yeah, I've changed the LED and Focus Lens in mine.  It's MUCH better, but if I were riding on a road like the above video, I'd wear my helmet with lights mounted on it.  It allows me to see where I'm looking.

thank so much for your help

i need to stop wearing a SKATEBOARD helmet and go back to a BICYCLE helmet.... more air flow and places to mount lights (almost impossible on a skateboard helmet)

• Upvote 1

The trouble I foresee with helmet-mounted lights is how much they can dazzle pedestrians and traffic coming towards you (if you are on a pavement or cycle lane / cycle path for example).

Especially if you are using some 'light-of-god' style monster of a torch, brimming with Cree solar event-bright LEDs - I can see the after-dazzle black out from those being quite dangerous to anyone driving in a car, even if they only made the briefest eye contact with the light beam, because the light is originating much higher than they are seated, and shining down in their direction. Of course, it should be OK providing the rider is always looking down at the pavement / sidewalk, and not at the oncoming traffic. But just to avoid the problem, I go for the wrist-brace torch mount, which minimizes it because it starts lower down, if you see what I mean...

CBR

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

The trouble I foresee with helmet-mounted lights is how much they can dazzle pedestrians and traffic coming towards you (if you are on a pavement or cycle lane / cycle path for example).

Yeah, I always point it low to the ground.  IF I need to see further forward, I can raise my head up higher.  I've asked, and people say it's fine as long as I aim it low.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Just for general interest, I saw a video the other day where the drone was pulling the surfer ! It was a 17K Freefly Alta8, but even so... technology hey ? Gotta love it...

That is one serious drone!!! WOW... $17,500!  If I take 17 Mavics @$1000 each and tether them all together maybe they would pull me!:laughbounce2:

Edited by Rehab1

8 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

thank so much for your help

i need to stop wearing a SKATEBOARD helmet and go back to a BICYCLE helmet.... more air flow and places to mount lights (almost impossible on a skateboard helmet)

But don't bicycle helmets get a bad rap because they don't offer as much protection at the back of the head? If you fall from a wheel it's very possible you'll end up on your back which is not the case with a bicycle (on average).

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

But don't bicycle helmets get a bad rap because they don't offer as much protection at the back of the head? If you fall from a wheel it's very possible you'll end up on your back which is not the case with a bicycle (on average).

You are absolutely correct. Skateboard helmets are better than bike helmets but motorcycle helmets are TEN orders of magnitude better than either. Of course, no one is going to wear one of those. The truth is, with the shape of that bicycle helmet you are usually no more protected wearing it than a baseball cap... Especially if you fall on the back of your head as you stated above. There is risk involved in everything and no one here ever felt riding an EUC was inherently safe. It is a liberating experience but one which ought to be undertaken with as much safety equipment as possible so it can be enjoyed for a long time to come

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

Of course, no one is going to wear one of those.

Except me :) I am only too pleased to get my moto helmet out for cold winter rides along the seafront, where wheeling is so much more pleasant if your ears and face aren't being tuned into icicles / buffeted by freezing sea spray and biting winds. 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 3

Here's a video from last year on the South coast in the winter. We're doing low-rider cinematic style filming from my old Airwheel X5 as we explore a ghostly funfair during closed season... join me in getting a good if unusual look at most of it before security notices and kicks us out :) 

CBR

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

motorcycle helmets are TEN orders of magnitude better than either. Of course, no one is going to wear one of those.

I have some very light weight MotoCross helmets that I've considered trying.  They offer full around the head protection, but are light enough to tolerate.  I have to admit though, I do enjoy the freedom of the wind in the parts of my hair that are left.  I ride Motorcycles and EUCs, and some of the other dangerous stuff I do because it IS dangerous.  It's stuff that the average Joe or Gina does not do, and that attracts me.  And the exhilaration of it being dangerous is attractive.  But I do try to be cautious and wear some protection so I'm not being totally stupid like I was when I was 18 yrs old. (I once rode a motorcycle at 140 mph without a helmet.)  Although, honestly, at that speed, it probably would not have made any difference anyways.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I have some very light weight MotoCross helmets that I've considered trying.  They offer full around the head protection, but are light enough to tolerate.  I have to admit though, I do enjoy the freedom of the wind in the parts of my hair that are left.  I ride Motorcycles and EUCs, and some of the other dangerous stuff I do because it IS dangerous.  It's stuff that the average Joe or Gina does not do, and that attracts me.  And the exhilaration of it being dangerous is attractive.  But I do try to be cautious and wear some protection so I'm not being totally stupid like I was when I was 18 yrs old. (I once rode a motorcycle at 140 mph without a helmet.)  Although, honestly, at that speed, it probably would not have made any difference anyways.

loving every word of this post of yours

i have a motorcross helmet, too... i'll think about that

i also love that EUCs are different

well put... all of it

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

i have a motorcross helmet, too... i'll think about that

Just saw this one:  https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Super-MIPS-Equipped-Helmet/dp/B00MU0PHYM?th=1

Breakaway Camera Mount, Removable Chin Bar, Light Weight, Back of Head Protection, etc...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

From our Pumpkinsoup and ewheel event -  Halloween 2016, we had a ewheel learning class whit a lot of fun and good times.  

that is SO awesome

wish i could find a nice INDOOR environment like this to ride at times.... well done

thanks for sharing

oh... and I LOVE PUMPKIN SOUP, too... I cannot convince my wife to take up this passion, but she loves pumpkin soup so much. If only we lived closer, you might have been able to get her to do so.... 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Just saw this one:  https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Super-MIPS-Equipped-Helmet/dp/B00MU0PHYM?th=1

Breakaway Camera Mount, Removable Chin Bar, Light Weight, Back of Head Protection, etc...

I love this helmet, but I was thinking as I was looking at it... If somehow you fell face first because of the typical chin protection of a motocross helmet you could easily have a horrendous hyperextension injury of the neck, which could lead to a significant bit of spinal cord trauma. I'd have to think about it a little bit because a hyper flexion injury is for more dangerous, but I'm not so sure about this particular helmet though it is one of the coolest I've ever seen and I appreciate you  including the link here.