THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Oh that is so awesome! Thank you for sharing the link! I had no idea Ian was involved in this type of project! God bless him! If this wheel chair concept ever makes its' way to the US the next obstacle will be coverage and reimbursement from insurance companies.☹️

A wheel chair called Genny is modified from segway patroller. it's not sold in the US?

http://www.gennymobility.com/

• Upvote 2

On October 4, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Boxer Rebellion said:

that's amazing, wonder if its available in the U.S.

I plan to contact Ian today. There are so many  paraplegic and quadriplegic patients that could benefit.

On October 5, 2016 at 5:30 AM, cloudust said:

A wheel chair called Genny is modified from segway patroller. it's not sold in the US?

If I can arrange the logistics it would br awesome!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I communicated with Ian at Speedyfeet. The Blumil Segway is sold in the USA! I spoke with the company rep about the product and hopefully I can work out some arrangements to fit one of my pediatric patients with the chair in the near future! http://livingspinal.com/power-assists/seated-segways/blumil-seated-airwheel/

@Rehab1, let me know how that goes...that's great initiative

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

@noisycarlos and I rode around the Franklin Canyon park yesterday, along the way visiting the nearby neighborhood nearby Beverly Hills. I was riding my Gotway ACM and Carlos borrowed by King Song 14C. We had a nice ~12 mile ride.

great stuff

looks like a wonderful time. wish i could have been there to share in the experience

thanks for sharing with us

4 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Nice video of your ride.  I'd be worried about someone stealing my camera if I left it  on a tripod to film a ride by shot.  With those steep cliffs you certainly wouldn't want an unexpected shut off up there!

Thanks. This is a pretty rural area - we had no concerns about possible thefts. I never ride near the edge of my wheel's capabilities, so I feel safe enough.

• Upvote 1

A few people have mentioned that their ACM sometimes cuts out on launch so it's not just exceeding the maximum safe speed that it happens.  KS16 has a similar issue.  I haven't seen any solutions regarding it, but maybe it occurs less with the 12 MOSFET control boards.  Hard to say.

EDIT: Oh I see you have experienced it too.

@TremF did the 12 MOSFET control board solve your cutoff issues?

@HEC are you still experiencing cut offs on your KS16?

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

2 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

nice wheelchairs adaptions, BUT ...

... and no, the crutches where not EUC related. after 2 month of not walking you don't forget how to ride ;)   

If he doesn't take that mask off, he will need crutches.  How does he see anything???   ;)

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Blunzn said:

nice wheelchairs adaptions, BUT ... [VIDEO] ... and no, the crutches where not EUC related. after 2 month of not walking you don't forget how to ride ;)   

It would be a lot easier to ride without that black bar over your eyes!

I took my ACM 16 for a lunch break ride to the beach, riding from LAX down to the Hermosa Beach pier. Here are a few highlights.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 2