THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Hopefully you can spend more time with them in the future.  When I lost my son (Logan's dad) 7 years ago it hit me really hard! Logan's mom let's us spend time with him most weekends. Thankfully his new dad is terrific at raising him. This forum has instilled new life in me with the added benefit of being able to share my riding passion with my little buddy!

I'm really sorry to hear that, I can't even imagine.  I'm glad he's got a good dad now though.  That could have been an additional blow.  They're all definitely lucky to have you.  Keep the videos coming, it's fun.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Hopefully you can spend more time with them in the future.  When I lost my son (Logan's dad) 7 years ago it hit me really hard! Logan's mom let's us spend time with him most weekends. Thankfully his new dad is terrific at raising him. This forum has instilled new life in me with the added benefit of being able to share my riding passion with my little buddy!

Thank you!

wow

i've been a pediatrician in private practice for more than 25 years... your story hits ME hard

i'm so sorry about the loss of your son... thank goodness you can spend time with him by spending time with your grandson. how nice that you mention the gentleman helping to raise him now. actually, the whole situation you have related to us here brings tears to me eyes.... al the things i've seen these many years i've been honored to care for the kids and grandkids of my town...

thank you for sharing these videos and stories with us

• Upvote 3

Here's a montage of us and other things during our Car Free day in Texas. One of my buddies (the one with the go pro cube on his helmet) is legally blind and because of it he cannot drive and go out as much. But EUCs and events like these really have given him such joy and happiness that it really makes me happy knowing these EUCs can be enjoyed by people with disabilities.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

wow

i've been a pediatrician in private practice for more than 25 years... your story hits ME hard

i'm so sorry about the loss of your son... thank goodness you can spend time with him by spending time with your grandson. how nice that you mention the gentleman helping to raise him now. actually, the whole situation you have related to us here brings tears to me eyes.... al the things i've seen these many years i've been honored to care for the kids and grandkids of my town...

thank you for sharing these videos and stories with us

Thank you for the kind thoughts! It sounds like you are an extremely  compassionate physician!  I whole heartedly agree, working with kids, their parents and grandparents is a true honor! Families put an enormous amount of faith in us! Medical practices have their challenges as I am sure you can relate, but the rewards greatly out weigh any down days by a long shot! 

Have you ever put a smile on your patients riding your EUC? I do this a few times a week for a select few kiddos! So enjoyable watching their faces light up!

Take care!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thank you for the kind thoughts! It sounds like you are an extremely  compassionate physician!  I whole heartedly agree, working with kids, their parents and grandparents is a true honor! Families put an enormous amount of faith in us! Medical practices have their challenges as I am sure you can relate, but the rewards greatly out weigh any down days by a long shot! 

Take care!

i'm glad that you feel the same way about the gifts we've been given in our lives to be able to care for others.

my daughter desires to follow in a similar pass and is pursuing her dreams at this time in the northeast

i'm glad to have this conversation with you here, as well.... this really is a wonderful gathering of terrific folks here

how i wish WE lived closer and could ride together

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

i'm glad that you feel the same way about the gifts we've been given in our lives to be able to care for others.

my daughter desires to follow in a similar pass and is pursuing her dreams at this time in the northeast

i'm glad to have this conversation with you here, as well.... this really is a wonderful gathering of terrific folks here

how i wish WE lived closer and could ride together

Thanks and totally agree!  Congratulations! What college is your daughter attending?  I was trying to make it down to our annual cranial conference in Orlando in the coming weeks but I just cannot get away. We could have met up and went for a ride. 

Edited by Rehab1

23 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks and totally agree!  Congratulations! What college is your daughter attending?  I was trying to make it down to our annual cranial conference in Orlando in the coming weeks but I just cannot get away. We could have met up and went for a ride. 

mackenzie just graduated from boston college and she is at harvard now.... hoping to go to med school next year but working with a neurosurgeon

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

mackenzie just graduated from boston college and she is at harvard now.... hoping to go to med school next year but working with a neurosurgeon

You must be proud! 

1 hour ago, Boxer Rebellion said:

@Greg Spalding and @Rehab1, Great to see a medical tribe taking an interest in EUC. 

Just enjoying life like yourself!:) I like golf but am terrible! Dislike country clubs... to many prima donnas. Skiing..no. Flying..had to give that up. EUCs...love it!

Edited by Rehab1

22 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

You must be proud! 

Just enjoying life like yourself!:) I like golf but am terrible! Dislike country clubs... to many prima donnas. Skiing..no. Flying..have to give that up. EUCs...love it!

Beyond her academic accomplishments, Mackenzie, has grown into a fine woman with a great sense of humor and wonderful compassion for those around her. We only had one child, so it is very difficult for my wife that she is so far away. As a pediatrician, I have the advantage of seeing hundreds of children every week. I consider to be my own. That is of course something a lot of people can neither understand nor appreciate. All I ever wanted for her is no different than any other child I've had the honor of caring for at my office... to grow into a productive, compassionate, and passionate human being.

I have never played golf but my friends let me drive their carts once in a while.... We have two golf courses near where i live. I have ridden my wheel on the cart paths, just before sunset when no one is left on the course, trying to leave the area before it gets dark and I go right into a sand trap or lake :huh:.

I agree with you about the prima donna statement

I gave up motorcycling installed all of my motorcycles after almost 250,000 miles on two wheels.... 100,000 of which with my wife on the back.

EUCs are wonderful and I'm happy to be traveling on the cutting-edge.

As always, please excuse my voice-entered entries here

Edited by Greg Spalding
  • Upvote 1

i just sent you a PM.... about seeing that video ON YOUTUBE

it's my favorite (for obvious reasons) ever

I don't know if I will buy a motorcycle again

I have owned Harley-Davidsons and BMWs and Suzukis and MV Agustas...

I have owned sport bikes and touring bikes and dual adventure bikes and cruising bikes... But the reason I stopped was that all of my friends stopped and I no longer enjoyed riding alone. Also, where I live on the West Coast of Florida, you have to leave at 5 o'clock in the morning to ride in our to get away from traffic that will attempt to kill you every second you are on the road. I miss it, of course. Almost 38 years and a quarter of 1,000,000 miles are hard to erase from your mind.

Edited by Greg Spalding
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

i just sent you a PM.... about seeing that video ON YOUTUBE it's my favorite (for obvious reasons) ever

Thanks! It is fun! Your peds patients and parents would love seeing you tool around!

28 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

But the reason I stopped was that all of my friends stopped and I no longer enjoyed riding alone. 

I feel the same way about EUCs. Riding alone is no fun. That is why I am so thrilled about my grandson learning to ride.

22 minutes ago, Boxer Rebellion said:

Imaging if the EUC technology can be incorporated into a wheel chair...meaning patients would not have to use their arms to be mobile. I think Honda Corp. is doing heavy research in this.

I can see a lot of applications for this technology. I believe we are just scratching the surface! If you have a web site on Honda's research in this category please share it. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Boxer Rebellion said:

@Rehab1 fantastic video! Very encouraging. Imaging if the EUC technology can be incorporated into a wheel chair...meaning patients would not have to use their arms to be mobile. I think Honda Corp. is doing heavy research in this.

It has already been done! ;)

http://www.speedyfeet.uk/Blumil-Ninebot-s/1838.htm

• Upvote 1

Oh that is so awesome! Thank you for sharing the link! I had no idea Ian was involved in this type of project! God bless him! If this wheel chair concept ever makes its' way to the US the next obstacle will be coverage and reimbursement from insurance companies.☹️

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Here is a video of me riding around the parking lot racing a little Spina Bifida patient. So much fun!

Riding in the lab coat just looks odd.

Very cool... but odd. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Riding in the lab coat just looks odd.

Very cool... but odd. 

LOL...my other patient was waiting so I just kept it on.:) Mounting the wheel with a lab coat was a bit difficult.

Wait until you see me riding around in my Halloween horse costume next week?:lol:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

LOL...my other patient was waiting so I just kept it on.:) Mounting the wheel with a lab coat was a bit difficult.

Wait until you see me riding around in my Halloween horse costume next week?:lol:

Horse costume...lol, how about the Grim Reaper or Jesus, I'd bet you will turn lots of heads.

• Upvote 1