THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Since he has TWO ACM2s, @Marty Backe how about taking one up the overheat hill?

No, not in an uninterrupted run. My history with Gotway has taught me some important lessons. I may have two ACM2's but that doesn't mean I feel like throwing one away :huh:

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, fryman said:

They say they have  M Super X, V10F and the KS 18L.. never heard of them before http://www.alleuc.com

A DNS lookup at MXtoolbox comes up with an AliExpress IP address...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

it's designed for that purpose,  probably all the biggers wheels are slower in narrow turns and hill climbing

Now imagine the V10 with knobbier tires like the original promo

835_360

10 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Now imagine the V10 with knobbier tires like the original promo

835_360

Question is would such tire even fit, because Inmotion wheels usually have very little space between tire and the casing. On V8 some far less knobby tires rubbed the casing when mounted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, xebeche said:

usually have very little space between tire and the casing. 

Put instead a narrow knobbier tire. Motorsports usually use wider tires for asphalt. They are also good for bumps absorption and overpass soft ground, but have a huge lost of grip in many other off-road conditions.

43 minutes ago, xebeche said:

Question is would such tire even fit, because Inmotion wheels usually have very little space between tire and the casing. On V8 some far less knobby tires rubbed the casing when mounted.

@Bobwheel said that they didn't go with the knobbier tire because the ride quality wasn't as good. This implies that they were able to use it within the shell. Inmotion should offer it as an option or maybe an accessory so people like me (trail riders) could install it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Having (finally) found a camera position that I like, I thought I'd try it on a short cruise along the river...

I'm not too fussed with the handheld shots though, I want something else - I just need to find it.

Very good footage, nice scenery and music, which wheel were you riding? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Having (finally) found a camera position that I like, I thought I'd try it on a short cruise along the river...

I'm not too fussed with the handheld shots though, I want something else - I just need to find it.

Great video!  I liked the handheld shots, gives a different perspective.

The LHotz still seems to be a good wheel.  That's IPS's flagship wheel.  2.5 inch wide tire, 30kmh, super tough shell, good hill climbing ability from what reviews I have read.

That's a huge river.:shock2:

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Very nice buddy! Great riding music!  BTW your new avatar is awesome! Now the other ‘Cole’ guy can’t pirate your video. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Very good footage, nice scenery and music, which wheel were you riding? 

Thanks... The wheel is an old (and as you can see) beaten up IPS 191 Lhotz. But it jut keeps on going...

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Great video!  I liked the handheld shots, gives a different perspective.

The LHotz still seems to be a good wheel.  That's IPS's flagship wheel.  2.5 inch wide tire, 30kmh, super tough shell, good hill climbing ability from what reviews I have read.

That's a huge river.:shock2:

Yeah, I like the change in perspective, but it just felt too awkward while riding - the wrist guards made it difficult to hold steady.
But I just love the lower angle - it shows more of the speed and the motion, but it is still fairly stable. This may have to become one of my trademarks!

I still love the Lhotz too. My biggest frustration is not having enough Wh inside it - It has taken all the abuse I can throw at it and it still wants more. Which has made consideration of an upgrade much harder.

The Hutt River isn't that large... But this was shortly after a large storm, so it was flowing rather full. I have seen it (once) when it was only 1 foot below the top of the bank that the track is on - THEN it is a large river.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Very cool vid., what song and by whom?

8 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Very cool vid., what song and by whom?

It's in the video at the 8.00 mark :whistling:

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Nice work, @The Fat Unicyclist . The Hutt river looks much better on an EUC.

• Upvote 1