THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

41 minutes ago, Duf said:

Was hoping to see the Monster, I guess it would have been an unfair race. ?

10 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

'A+ trail wheel' - Marty Backe

Thanks so much for this video series Marty!

I suspect the failure of the wheel to power on may have little or nothing to do with the trail riding. Am I remembering correctly that you needed to power it on twice for it to stay on even before your trail day tests? If so, and considering it turned on even the day after your trail riding (Sunday morning before lunch), that suggests to me the trail beating may not have had much/anything to do with the power-on problem.

Seems like this could be the best performing wheel on the market by certain criteria. #1 in hill climbing speed/ability, #1 in downhill trail riding (highest pedals, twitchy maneuverability, great braking, fat 16" wheel), and perhaps #1 most versatile performance wheel. Probably has a good shot at being most reliable performance wheel too, but time will tell.

Would be interesting to see you try an ACM2 or Tesla up that hill with the same aggressive speed, but like you said it might blow a mosfit.

You previously said the KS14S was your favorite trail wheel, especially for highly technical terrain. Did the V10F surpass the KS14S in trail performance in your estimation? Seems like it blew the KS14S out of the water. Not sure if that terrain was what you meant by highly technical terrain, though.

Thanks again Marty. This wheel might not be tops in terms of high speed or battery capacity, but it seems to be tops (or right there) in other areas that are more important to some people. Hills, agility, versatility, acceleration, and braking, this wheel has an elite combination of elite traits.

For 2 hour aggressive riding sessions on challenging terrain, this wheel would probably be my choice if money was no object. 

Yeah, I doubt my riding broke the wheel.

The rubber pedal covering has got to go. But no wheel is perfect, and this is easily corrected.

Part IV will show the technical aspects of the trail riding :)

Maybe it's a toss up between the KS14S and this wheel for trail riding. But as a general purpose wheel I would certainly pick the V10F over the KS14S even though I would be giving up the great trolley handle of the 14S. I do think the V10F trolley handle would be a lot more serviceable if it wasn't so incredibly loose. It really needs to be firm with a tight pivoting mechanism. It doesn't match the quality of the rest of the wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I doubt my riding broke the wheel.

The rubber pedal covering has got to go. But no wheel is perfect, and this is easily corrected.

Part IV will show the technical aspects of the trail riding :)

Maybe it's a toss up between the KS14S and this wheel for trail riding. But as a general purpose wheel I would certainly pick the V10F over the KS14S even though I would be giving up the great trolley handle of the 14S. I do think the V10F trolley handle would be a lot more serviceable if it wasn't so incredibly loose. It really needs to be firm with a tight pivoting mechanism. It doesn't match the quality of the rest of the wheel.

Somebody called the Rockwheel GT16 a really fun sporty wheel to compliment a long-distance wheel in an EUC collection. This V10F appears to be in that mold of wheel, but better, and more reliable.

And the KS18L looks like it might fit that mold in the 18" category. Agile, powerful, versatile, reliable, just not a big battery. 

Edit: But at the end of the day the agility/performance of the ACM2 or MSuper 3Tesla might be close enough to wheels like the V10F or KS18L that the much bigger battery makes them clear-cut better wheels. I don't know.

I do know that if I was in a hilly motocross/mountain bike/cross country running type trail race, I'd probably go with the V10F.

Edited by Scouts Honor

I can see what you mean about it being relatively similar to the Tesla though. Other than higher pedal height, fatter wheel, slightly slimmer?, and potentially more reliable, they're very similar wheels

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

I can see what you mean about it being relatively similar to the Tesla though. Other than higher pedal height, fatter wheel, slightly slimmer?, and potentially more reliable, they're very similar wheels

The Tesla is noticeably faster though. You don't have to think and you're going 25-mph with the Tesla. You working the V10F to ride in the low 20's.

I'm no motor geek, but maybe Inmotion designed this motor for more torque than speed, in which case they succeeded.

• Like 2

Yeah, and superior torque means superior braking, accelerating, and hill climbing.

Here's an example, the MCM4 came in two different versions, which had two different motors.

GOTWAY MCM4 - HIGH TORQUE VERSION

Max Speed: 18 mph
Max Climbing: 28 degrees
Max load: 220lbs.

GOTWAY MCM4 HIGH SPEED VERSION

Max Speed: 21 mph
Max Climbing: 25 degrees
Max load: 220lbs.

As Ian from Speedyfeet said in his video about the high speed version, if brakes like a yacht.

I'm very very happy that my MCM3/Urban MCM4  apparently has the same motor as the MCM4 High Torque. I'm loving the aggressive braking, acceleration, and hill climbing power, and I'm content not getting addicted to high speed at the moment. I'm also loving the agile 14" wheel size in combination with that accelerating and braking. 

I suspect the 14S and 16S are similarly designed for high torque.

And the Rockwheel GT16 definitely seems to be. Take it with a grain of salt, but it's max incline angle is listed as 35 degrees. I guess the max incline angle of the V10F is still unknown, until we see some video evidence of it losing all speed on a crazy incline

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's a selfish request, but as ENVY BURNING WITH THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS (or something alike) was mentioned here recently, that's what I'm feeling a bit:efee8319ab:

If your envy burns that hot, maybe you should go for an ice-cream? ;) 

• Upvote 1